Italy - Bolzano, WhtMale, 50-60, suicide in apple orchard, Jul'06

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
'The morning of the 14 July 2006 is found the body lacking in life of a man to Marlengo (Bolzano). Era in an apple field near the communal road and to the sold superhighway that Merano connects to Bolzano. The corpse, lacking in documents, belongs to a man of white race of age comprised between the 50 and 60 years, garment with a grey black grid shirt, a black belt, pants greens, grey stockings, shoes browns and a pair of boxer shorts of written Israeli brand “Gottex” with two in Hebrew inside.
The death, than according to the legal doctor has happened between the 9 and the 9,30 of that morning, have resulted from a blow of gun shot in mouth. The weapon, presumablly a produced Smith&Wesson caliper 38 special in 1950, with brand and freshman abraded. The position of the epostatiche spots, the gun which wormed its way into mouth and the residual ones of gunpowder, numerous on the right hand and partially also on the left, confirms the hypothesis of the suicide. Beside the man a containing blue travelling bag slung over the shoulder 32 bullets not exploded of the same type of those found in the drum of the gun, a water bottle, a box of empty Cibalgina and one of Valeriana and a written ticket with: “SUICIDE anonim”. An other identical ticket was found inside of the pocket of the shirt.
The man could be arrived on the place on foot, since in the vicinities some abandoned means of transport are not recovered. But he could also have asked a passage someone that could perhaps remember useful details to the identification.

Link case warning open!!!
http://www.chilhavisto.rai.it/dl/cl...Set-a20ed1c1-0b5a-4579-8ce3-a1956396a694.html

The writing in his boxer short label, in Hebrew. The official language in Israel and spoken in Jewish communities all over the world.

upload_2019-7-26_12-59-0.png

The suicide note was partly in Italian, so he knew at least some Italian (off course he could have looked it up with Google translate) Although the word anonim is not Italian. This would be anonimo.

1234886948868marlengo_8.jpg

Cibalgina; available in Italy. Main component Ibuprofen.

Method of action:
Analgesic, Anti-Inflammatory, Antipyretic, Cardiac Therapy, Decongestant, Local Anesthetic, Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory, Pain Reliever, Topical Products For Joint And Muscular Pain

For the relief of mild to moderate pain including rheumatic and muscular pain, backache, neuralgia, migraine, headache, dental pain, dysmenorrhoea, feverishness and for the relief of the symptoms of cold and influenza.

Valerinia.....It's save to say he took pills to comfort/seduce himself.

I really wonder....why this common house stuff and not something really heavy...it's all available. You could take that and "go down" in a comfortable environment without the whole shooting thing. This was a statement somehow, maybe even revenge for the persons left behind.

Or he was killed/somebody made him kill himself (it's hard to dismiss the evidence being consistent with a suicide)

Last edited:
In 2006 there was the Lebanon war, also called the 2006 Israel–Hezbollah War
2006 Lebanon War - Wikipedia

Makes you think...this person found in July 2006. Could he have been a spy in relation to this. Maybe my imagination is taken a high.

This war started at 6/12/2006. He was found 6/14/2006. He fled (or had to fled) the country maybe?

Last edited:
I hate it if there are no stats...

The note.
I really think it's a mix of English and Hebrew.
Suicide in English, and the way he wrote "anonim" is very much like Hebrew. I have a few notions of this language, although not enough for being fluent.
In Hebrew, the masculine singular is -im.
In Hebrew, when you write a sentence like "suicide is anonymous" as in the note, the verb "to be" doesn't exist in present tense.
You'd say "I Margaret" for saying "I am Margaret".
In the past or future tense, the verb "be" would had been in the sentence.

He wrote his line with the Hebrew grammatical structure

Look more like suicide from PTSD. The Israeli army did document a lot of case of suicide & substance abuse from PTSD with soldiers.

Fled because of PTSD is indeed possible. Because avoiding what reminds of the trauma is a typical symptom.
Hence his traveling to Italy to escape his distressing thoughts.

However, Bit of Hope, a spy is definitely far-fetched. Everything is possible. But the suicide note makes it very unlikely.
And the medico-legal report states that the powder traces, the way the gun was shot and the forensic clues point out to a suicide.

I doubt a spy would leave such a note.

In Israel, reservists carry their gun with them at all times.
Such types of suicide are more common than we can expect.

Last edited:
Bit of Hope, would you mind looking the Interpol database for all Israeli men missing, please ? Making a dent of it and I don't have as much time I would like to dedicate myself for this case.

If a member is fluent in Hebrew, feel free to scrouge the Israeli databases for missing people.
I haven't found a site in English about Israeli missing people and my Hebrew is far from fluent enough for this kind of sleuthing.

On the top of that, Google Translate makes a dent of translating Hebrew to English.

Very frustrating!

Last edited:
Valerinia.....It's save to say he took pills to comfort/seduce himself.
Points towards suffering from anxiety, as valeriana is given to anxious people.

Based on the element, I smell from kilometers that he suffered from mental illness and did not seek help.

Until 2018, seeking help for mental illness in Israel was a real struggle.
Somatic care was the koupot responsibility, while psychiatry was only State's budget.
The lack of budget was so appalling that getting psychiatric care was a constant battle.
Now, psychiatric care is the sole responsibility of koupot.

When you pay for health coverage, you choose a koupot.
The State takes the money and redistributes it to the koupot of your choice.

Bit of Hope, would you mind looking the Interpol database for all Israeli men missing, please ? Making a dent with it and I don't have as much time I would like to dedicate myself for this case.

If a member is fluent in Hebrew, feel free to scrouge the Israeli databases for missing people.
I haven't found a site in English about Israeli missing people and my Hebrew is far from fluent enough for this kind of sleuthing.

On the top of that, Google Translate makes a dent of translating Hebrew to English.

Very frustrating!

Hi Giuco. Good to see you again. Google translate is horrible on this.
Look more like suicide from PTSD. The Israeli army did document a lot of case of suicide & substance abuse from PTSD with soldiers.

Fled because of PTSD is indeed possible. Because avoiding what reminds of the trauma is a typical symptom.

However, Bit of Hope, a spy is definitely far-fetched. Everything is possible. But the suicide note makes it very unlikely.
And the medico-legal report states that the powder traces, the way the gun was shot and the forensic clues point out to a suicide.

Ok, just talked to an Israeli guy. "Anonym" in Hebrew is "anonimi" like in Italian at masculine plural.

For me, this note makes me think that he traveled without thinking straight.
As if he forgot his mother tongue without forgetting it.

My hinky meter for mental illness or a brain disorder is very high

Ok, after scourging Interpol, I found one possible Yellow notice for our UID.
The others were either women, too young or didn't speak Hebrew at all.

View Yellow Notices

Based on the note, I can not rule out the man would speak Russian or another cyrillic language.

How is it possible that you think the spy theory is far fetched...thinking about Ellery Doe...but anyway thanks for your (sometimes overwhelming) contribution and passion.

Far-fetched because of the suicide note.
And if you read the note, it's clearly of someone not thinking straight, as if he was forgetting his mother tongue.
Also, carrying ibuprofen for pain and valeriana for anxiety doesn't point out towards a spy. Pain can make you not thinking straight. And if he took a lot of ibuprofen, he could have sustained kidney damage (don't know what the ME say about his kidneys), which can lead to confusion. And you can attempt suicide on ibuprofen overdose (you need dialysis to remove the overdosed ibuprofen).
Our JD killed himself on the spot per the ME.
He carried a lot of bullets.
The empty box of ibuprofen means that he took a copious amount before his death.
Also, the bullets might had been a way to be sure he were successful at his attempt.

I have to research about valeriana overdose and its interaction with ibuprofen, because it opens doors to questions. I hope answers too !!

Ellery Doe did not have elements pointing at a suicide.
Ellery Doe's note didn't point towards a suicide. Ellery Doe was killed and dumped where she was found.
Ellery Doe's death was ruled as a homicide.

The cases are more different than alike.

Last edited:
Valerian
Valerian can be toxic for the liver.

Haven't found interaction between NSAIDs (ibuprofen is a NSAID, as is aspirin), but it has not been studied enough to be sure.

The ibuprofen box was empty. It means that he took quite an amount before his demise.
If we look at the combo ibuprofen and valeriane, we can see that :

- based on the empty box with him, he took a hefty amount of it before his demise.
- he could not sleep, hence the valerian. The valerian box was empty, he had certainely took copious amounts of it before his demise.
- or he tried a med combo for his suicide attempt. When he saw that it doesn't work, he resorted to the GSW.

Ibuprofen can also be toxic for the liver: A Rare Case of Ibuprofen-induced Acute Liver Injury
I know, it's a case report.

But to make someone complete suicide with ibuprofen + valerian, then kill himself in the mouth is quite difficult to grasp.

Ibuprofen is also a method of suicide attempt. Have not heard suicide completion with ibuprofen, doesn't mean that there are none.

Nothing is said about substances found in his body. We don't know if he took the copious amounts on a few days or at once.

But finding empty boxes of meds & a spy is something I've never heard about. Why not, but very unlikely.

It makes the spy theory very unlikely for me.

Last edited:
Bolzano is Italian and German-speaking city in Trentino Alto-Adige region and is close to Austria, it is also likely that it comes from Northern Europe and was of Israeli origins, it seems strange to me that no one has ever looked for it if it has disappeared somewhere.

I think the boxer shorts were purchased in Israel, and were not intended for export. Otherwise, labels for exported clothing are usually in English or other languages. The Hebrew label says 20% Lycra 80% nylon. It would seem that this man was either Israeli or had lived in that country for a time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back