GUILTY Canada - Bradley Priestap, Western University peeping tom, London, Ont, 2014

dotr

Reaction score
Good lengthy article.
http://www.lfpress.com/2013/08/30/s...ightful-reign-reflect-on-how-it-affected-them

1297460947910_ORIGINAL.jpg
August 31, 2013
"Six women who lived through serial prowler Bradley Priestap's reign of terror near Western University strike eerily similar poses in this lineup, their identities protected by the court. Jane Sims/The London Free Press"

"Some of the women lived together in one house. In their testimony, they said during the first month of school they were “terrified.” They’d hear footsteps on their back deck and up a fire escape. They heard locked door knobs jiggle. They thought they were being followed. To get to the root of their fears, they spread dry pancake mix on their back porch to see if footprints would be left behind. They were human — not from an animal.

They called the police, but mistakenly thinking their complaints weren’t urgent, simply left messages on a general number. Later, they’d call 911.

They were so scared, they’d lie in bed at night and text each other in the adjacent rooms when they heard something. At times, they all decided to sleep in the same room.

“I don’t think I could ever feel safe again because that’s what I think of when I think about my house,” one woman said.

“The fact he had break-and-enter tools . . . locking doors wasn’t good enough.”

Thanks again dotr for posting!! I'm waiting to see what happens tomorrow as it is the schedueled day for sentencing.

LPS didn't even know Priestap had moved back into London. Bradley Priestap was know to LPS & was classified as a registered sex offender. How does that happen?!?! Priestaps' "brushes with the law" can be found at the end of the article http://www.lfpress.com/2012/10/05/london-police-say-they-didnt-know-sexual-offender-bradley-priestap-living-in-city

In fact, (paraphrashed from the following link) the leading case of prowling (in Ontario? I am assuming as article doesn't specify) happens to be one of Priestaps' previous convictions. He has set the precendent for prowling. Priestap v.s R. http://www.lfpress.com/2014/05/14/bradley-priestap-to-have-psychiatric-assessment

Can anyone tell me what the "R" in Priestap v.s R means? So relieved to know this guy was caught & is going back to jail where he belongs. Ime, there are many others around London doing similar behaviours. Michael Arntfield wasn't kidding about Murder City!

Unable to edit my post so to clarify for those interested:

Priestaps' sentencing hearing is scheduled for September 7th. I got confused & thought it was today. Unsure if the Sept 7th date is 100% correct as it falls on Labour Day.

Priestaps' sentencing hearing began today. The story is being covered by Jane Sims for London Free Press (Twitter: @ JaneatLFPress).

Quoting from Twitter (Idk how to link tweets sorry)

"@JaneatLFPress: Two years after his convictions, serial peeping tom Bradley Priestap begins his dangerous offender hearing with a DNA order"

Wikipedia article on DNA orders: http:// https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_Criminal_Sentencing/Ancillary_Orders/DNA_Orders

With this guys' criminal history of sexual assault & violence against women, I'm surprised his DNA wasn't already on file. There have been so many unsolved cases involving women who have been beaten & sexually assaulted, you'd think Priestap would be a POI to be checked out & ruled out. If the court is only getting around to collecting DNA now, who knows what they might find or what connections they might make?!

Sentencing hearing or dangerous offender hearing? Which one is it? Are they the same thing? Do they deem one a dangerous offender during the sentencing?

Not to be rude but why do journalists insist on giving incorrect information?! Already managed to publish the wrong court date which would seem difficult to mistake considering it's common knowledge that September 7th is Labour Day (a statutory holiday in Ontario).

/rant.

Thanks again dotr for posting!! I'm waiting to see what happens tomorrow as it is the schedueled day for sentencing.

LPS didn't even know Priestap had moved back into London. Bradley Priestap was know to LPS & was classified as a registered sex offender. How does that happen?!?! Priestaps' "brushes with the law" can be found at the end of the article http://www.lfpress.com/2012/10/05/london-police-say-they-didnt-know-sexual-offender-bradley-priestap-living-in-city

In fact, (paraphrashed from the following link) the leading case of prowling (in Ontario? I am assuming as article doesn't specify) happens to be one of Priestaps' previous convictions. He has set the precendent for prowling. Priestap v.s R. http://www.lfpress.com/2014/05/14/bradley-priestap-to-have-psychiatric-assessment

Can anyone tell me what the "R" in Priestap v.s R means? So relieved to know this guy was caught & is going back to jail where he belongs. Ime, there are many others around London doing similar behaviours. Michael Arntfield wasn't kidding about Murder City!

The R stands for Rex, or Regina, which in a criminal case means the Crown. So the phrase means Priestap versus the Crown.

Missed this 2021 article, fwiw..
Paul HendersonMay 14, 2021
1700312899708.png
''A repeat sex offender on a long-term supervision order from Ontario who was living in a federal facility in Chilliwack was acquitted this week after trial on a breach charge when duct tape was found in his room.

After a series of sexual assault convictions and other offences involving women from 1988 to 2006, Bradley Priestap was living in London, Ontario, in 2012 near what is now Western University.''

While he was acquitted and released on May 14, Crown counsel John Lester told The Progress that Priestap is no longer living in Chilliwack, but he could not say where he relocated to.''

''• A prowling precedent

One of Priestap’s crimes now serves as a precedent in law with regard to the offence of “prowling” or trespassing at night.

Section 177 of the criminal code describes trespassing at night this way: “Every person who, without lawful excuse, loiters or prowls at night on the property of another person near a dwelling-house situated on that property is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.”

It's good to see that he's been given a suitable sentence. That will keep him under supervision until he's 70, should he live so long.
Personally I think he should have been sentenced more harshly but I'm not sure if that would've been possible.

There have been so many criminals who aren't monitored nearly as closely as they should be. Priestap is known to be problematic, non compliant etc. He could easily reoffend.

Personally I think he should have been sentenced more harshly but I'm not sure if that would've been possible.

There have been so many criminals who aren't monitored nearly as closely as they should be. Priestap is known to be problematic, non compliant etc. He could easily reoffend.

So he's out already, is that correct? Ugh!

refresher..
''BRADLEY PRIESTAP

• Convicted of 12 charges in string of prowling, women’s underwear thefts and voyeurism in 2012.
  • Police surveillance team caught him peeking in windows.
  • In his car, they found a kit containing a toque, screwdriver, flashlight and duct tape.
  • Had camcorder with pictures of area women, some undressed and taken without their consent.
  • Also had large syringe.
  • Crown moved to have Priestap assessed for a possible dangerous offender or long-term offender designation.
  • Has since fired his lawyer.''

refresher..
''BRADLEY PRIESTAP

• Convicted of 12 charges in string of prowling, women’s underwear thefts and voyeurism in 2012.
  • Police surveillance team caught him peeking in windows.
  • In his car, they found a kit containing a toque, screwdriver, flashlight and duct tape.
  • Had camcorder with pictures of area women, some undressed and taken without their consent.
  • Also had large syringe.
  • Crown moved to have Priestap assessed for a possible dangerous offender or long-term offender designation.
  • Has since fired his lawyer.''
Oh good lord! And the public gets no warning because no one knows where he is.

Here's a question: Priestap isn't allowed to be in possession of duct tape. Was this just during his halfway house stay or is this like a weapons ban? How would anyone know if BP buys duct tape? It's not like buying a gun.

Oh good lord! And the public gets no warning because no one knows where he is.
He left Chilliwack BC where he was staying in a halfway house. He's still got to check in with his P.O. I am guessing he is in BC somewhere still, he doesn't have any money afaik. I hope he never makes it back to Ontario.

ETA Apologies for title misspelling of TIMMINS.

''In 2017, Armstrong was sentenced to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter and improperly or indecently offering an indignity to human remains for the killing of Vikki Heppner in 2016 in British Columbia.

With time served prior to being sentenced — which is 1.5 days for every day — Armstrong had a credit of three years and 356 days. In most cases under Canadian law, federal offenders are granted statutory release after serving two-thirds of their sentence, allowing them to serve the remainder of their sentence in the community under some form of supervision.''
Hope you don't mind @dotr that I'm bringing your post over from another thread (as it mentions sentencing and credit for time served).

BBM: Is this the same in Priestaps case, that he was credited at 1.5 days for every day? His sentence was 9 years and he was granted 4 years + 4 months, so not quite half his sentence was credited. I also believe that in Priestaps case, the option of bail was taken off the table. But why is he being given credit for this? He had no choice but to spend his time inside awaiting his sentencing etc. How is that time served in a different facility even close to the time he served finishing the rest of his sentence? To me, it is not equal. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back