Dr. Teresa Sievers, 46, Bonita Springs, Jun 2015 - Media links only No Discussion

KateB

Reaction score
Mystery as doctor is killed in her Florida home while her husband and children were out of town
June 30, 2015

2A1EBF8900000578-3145106-image-m-95_1435697380274.jpg

Police are investigating after a Florida doctor was found dead in her home while her husband and children were away visiting family.
Teresa Sievers, 46, was found dead in her Bonita Springs home on Monday after staff at her Estero office became concerned that she didn't show up to work, despite having scheduled appointments.
Sievers had been in Connecticut with her husband, Mark Sievers, their children and sister Anna Lisa prior to her death, but flew home alone on Sunday.
'She called her husband and told him she got there safely,' Lisa told the News-Press. 'We don't know anything but that she was murdered.'

Lee County Sheriff's Office Press Release
June 30, 2015

Friends, family mourn Estero doctor Teresa Sievers
July 1, 2015
The Lee County Sheriff's Office declined to discuss the case, saying it was an ongoing homicide investigation, but assured neighbors that there was no threat in the area, but they reminded residents to lock their doors.
<snip>
The neighborhood remained taped off Tuesday with crime lab vans and other sheriff's units parked in front of the home at 27034 Jarvis Road.

Dr. Teresa Sievers website: http://www.drteresasievers.com/

Obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/naplesnews/obituary.aspx?n=teresa-sievers&pid=175209192&fhid=6126

Discussion threads: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/tags.php?tag=teresa+sievers

YouTube Channel: Teresa Sievers, MD, MSMS, FAARFM, ABIHM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpdULDJKiZq6RwTUsiUCO0A

Donation accounts set up for Teresa Sievers’; murder still under investigation
By wink news July 1, 2015

BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- 8:02 PM — Lee County Sheriff’s Office Detectives are continuing the homicide investigation at 27034 Jarvis Road in Bonita Springs.

Detectives with the Major Crimes Unit are pursuing several leads at this time and the investigation remains active.

Dr. Teresa Sievers was found dead Monday morning.
More than 48 hours later, on Wednesday afternoon, the Sievers’ Jarvis Road home is still taped off.

Homicide investigation underway after doctor found murdered in her Bonita Springs home
12:44 PM, Jun 30, 2015 9:40 AM, Jul 1, 2015

Teresa Sievers, a 46-year-old internist, wife and mother of two, ran a practice off Arcos Avenue where she was known for her holistic approach to health and her work with transgender patients. Details surrounding her death were slim Tuesday.

“This is such a loss. I just can’t even believe it,” Sievers’ sister Dawn Tottenham said from her home in Long Island, New York. “This is a horrific nightmare.”

Neighbors desperate for answers in doctor’s murder
June 30, 2015
“It was early in the morning, before the sun was up… I got up and I heard what was like a shrill… I have children and I know when a child gets hurt how they’ll have a shrill and to me that’s what it sounded like,” said C.

Another neighbor told WINK News that just before sunrise the day of the murder, he heard what sounded like a man’s voice arguing with someone coming from Sievers’ home.

Shaken by these disturbing details, the neighborhood wants investigators to release something that can help put their minds at ease.

2A1EBF8D00000578-3145106-image-a-97_1435697396628.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/30/21/2A1EBF8D00000578-3145106-image-a-97_1435697396628.jpg

Neighbors react to Dr. Sievers' death
CREATED Jun 30, 2015
BONITA SPRINGS, FLA. -- Caution tape still lines Jarvis Rd. in Bonita Springs, but the feeling in the neighborhood has changed -- with people living there's worst fears confirmed. Teresa Sievers, a woman they called a neighbor and a friend, murdered, feet away from them.
<snip>
"My bedroom window is literally right beside her bedroom window, and I didn't hear nothing."

Neighbors of dead doctor in fear after slaying
Posted 3:43 PM, Jul 1, 2015 Updated 9:52 PM, Jul 1, 2015
A few dozen cadets from a local training academy combed front yards and looked through garbage cans Wednesday along Jarvis Road in Bonita Springs, days after an Estero doctor was found dead in her home.

Two men leaned against a burgundy sedan at the end of the street, consoling each other as they looked past crime scene tape roping off Teresa Siever&#8217;s home. They shook their heads when approached for comment.

And neighbors continued to worry Wednesday that the doctor&#8217;s homicide might have been a random attack. That they, too, could be at risk.

&#8220;Now with this thing going on we don&#8217;t know any information,&#8221; Donetta Contrerars said. &#8220;Did they catch him? Is it an isolated incident? Or do we have a raving maniac on the loose?&#8221;

The Lee County Sheriff&#8217;s Office did not answer questions about the crime including whether the public was at risk or whether a suspect had been identified, citing a state statute that exempts information related to an active criminal investigation. They provided no new information Wednesday as to motive or cause of death.

The Sheriff&#8217;s Office said Wednesday it was &#8220;pursuing several leads.&#8221; In a news release, the agency said residents are encouraged to lock their homes and cars and &#8220;be aware of their surroundings when out in public.&#8221; Detectives ask residents to report suspicious activity to the Sheriff&#8217;s Office at 239-477-1000.

Sievers, 46, owned Restorative Health and Healing, a practice off Three Oaks Parkway in Estero. A note on her office door Tuesday said the practice would be at a standstill in her absence. She specialized in holistic treatments and was also known for her work with transgender patients.

Calls for service to Jarvis Road and Allan Street, which runs parallel, show few major incidents over the past year.

The only call for service to the Sievers home took place Feb. 1, when they called to report a nuisance. No report was generated from the call, but notes show deputies responded to complaints from the Sievers that their neighbors were making noise.

Another report from Dec. 22, 2014, shows a burglary took place along the 27100 block of Allan Street when the front door of the home was found open and some couches were stolen from within. The homeowners had been away at the time, reports show.

Contreras lives on Allan Street behind the Sievers home. She said she heard a scream early Monday morning, around 6 a.m. that woke her from sleep. She&#8217;s not sure whether it was related to the crime, but said it came from the Sievers&#8217; home and sounded like it might have been outside.

&#8220;My dogs must have heard it first. They have a distinctive bark when something&#8217;s going on that shouldn&#8217;t. They got up and ran to the front door,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I got up and went to the front window. That&#8217;s when I heard a scream. It sounded like a child with a high-pitched scream.&#8221;

Contreras&#8217; four dogs have warned her in the past. Once, they barked in time to alert her to some teens trying to break into her car in the driveway around 2 a.m. one morning. The kids ran off when she confronted them and she never filed a report. Another time, about a year ago, Contreras said she called 911 when someone was prowling outside her window. The Lee County Sheriff&#8217;s Office did not have a record of that incident.

&#8220;It&#8217;s usually a pretty quiet neighborhood,&#8221; Contreras said. &#8220;But that doesn&#8217;t mean we&#8217;re immune to crime.&#8221;

Contreras&#8217; daughter, Kimberly Torres, lives next to the Sievers along Jarvis Road, and bought her home from the couple when she moved to the street about six years ago.

Her home was still surrounded by crime scene tape Wednesday.

&#8220;I still can&#8217;t believe it,&#8221; Torres said. &#8220;I can&#8217;t even look over that way. The garage is open, the husband&#8217;s mini van is there, the motorcycle, her car.&#8221;

She said she saw Mark Sievers playing in the yard with his children almost daily.

Teresa Sievers usually came home from work late, she said. It was a rare moment then, last week, when Torres saw the mother of two playing with the garden hose in the front yard with her daughters, Josephine and Carmi, ages 11 and 8.

&#8220;I was nice to see that kind of bonding with her and the girls because she worked so much,&#8221; Torres said.

A ******** account - http://www.********.com/y8vg37q - has been set up for the family, aiming to raise money for Sievers&#8217; children. As of Wednesday afternoon, the page had raised more than $5,000. The page said Sievers was the primary provider for the family and referred to by many as &#8220;Mother Teresa.&#8221;

Estero doctor identified as homicide victim
Updated: Jul 01, 2015 9:19 PM CST
BONITA SPRINGS - Mother of two, Dr. Teresa Ann Sievers, 46, is the victim of a homicide in Bonita Springs and Lee County Sheriff's Office authorities are now asking for anyone who heard or saw anything in connection to this to call them.

LCSO went Monday at 9:45 a.m. to Sievers' address at 27034 Jarvis Road in Bonita Springs regarding her death.

They continued to work at the scene Wednesday saying they are pursuing several leads in the active investigation.

Investigation into death of beloved doctor, mother continues
Posted: Jul 02, 2015 6:04 AM CST Updated: Jul 02, 2015 11:08 PM CST
For example, we watched Thursday as detectives removed a door from the home covered in what looked like fingerprinting dust. A security company also worked with detectives for the second day in a row.
<snip>
Investigators have canvassed the neighborhood. Many neighbors have confirmed to us that they've offered sworn statements about what some of them told us they heard was a gruesome crime.
<snip>
On Wednesday, family members watched from the street as detectives focused on a broken door handle.

Deputies clear Bonita Springs crime scene
July 3, 2015
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- Five days after the murder of a local doctor, deputies have finally removed crime scene tape from the scene.

Few details have been released and no suspects have been named as Teresa Sievers&#8217; death investigation continues.
<snip>
Around 2 p.m., the Lee County Sheriff&#8217;s Office towed away a van belonging to the family. Before it was towed away, crime scene technicians dusted it for prints.

Neighbors of murdered Florida doctor describe hearing screams on the day she was found dead inside her home - as police remain tight-lipped on cause of death
Published: 08:35 EST, 4 July 2015 | Updated: 13:55 EST, 4 July 2015

Bonita doctor laid to rest as investigation continues
Posted: Jul 06, 2015 5:21 AM CST
BONITA SPRINGS - A Southwest Florida doctor, wife and mother of two young daughters who was found dead inside her home last week is laid to rest Monday.

Family and friends gathered at the Unity Church of Naples Monday to say their last good bye to Dr. Teresa Sievers. A funeral followed the visitation.

A steady stream of cars carried people to give their final respects to the beloved doctor. Still, closure won't happen for most of them until the homicide is solved.

(NBC2 News Youtube video published July 6, 2015, not embedded in above article,)
Local doctor to be laid to rest today as investigation continues
https://youtu.be/gGBpXfIMyko
Murdered Bonita doctor laid to rest
https://youtu.be/T4EZOCpYxN4

Hammer May Have Been Used in Florida Doctor's Murder
Jul 6, 2015, 7:25 AM ET
By ABC NEWS via Good Morning America
A hammer may have been used in the murder of a Florida doctor who was found dead one week ago inside her home, police reportedly told the victim&#8217;s neighbors.

Neighbors say hammer used in Bonita doctor's murder
Posted: Jul 03, 2015 9:36 PM CST Updated: Jul 07, 2015 2:39 PM CST
Detectives were back at Sievers&#8217;s home for the fifth straight day Friday collecting evidence. Neighbors tell us they heard from law enforcement that this was a gruesome murder scene, some even say it involved a hammer.

Neighbors also reported to detectives that a tan-colored pickup truck was parked at the home the morning Dr. Sievers was found dead.

Sheriff opens up about Dr. Teresa Sievers homicide investigation
Jul 7, 2015
Detectives have been collecting evidence at her home for more than a week. Sheriff Scott said he doesn't believe her murder was a random attack.
"I'm just going to say I believe this case the intricacies and evidence thus far leads me to believe it is not random or arbitrary," Sheriff Scott said.
<snip>
"I believe and of course I remain very very optimistic that we will be able to share all the details and that at some point all of this will become very very clear for everyone it's just that right now it's premature," Sheriff Scott said.

Sheriff: Doctor's murder isn't random
video only: https://youtu.be/Rr3yhwCQaNU
Posted: Jul 07, 2015 3:05 PM CST Updated: Jul 08, 2015 9:14 AM CST
"I believe everything we have in this case - and it's a lot - gives me some comfort in saying it's not random or arbitrary. There are connections that will continue to develop," Scott said.

In the video only: reporter says "Sheriff Mike Scott said 'when all the facts come out, books and movies will be written about the crime'."
BBM

Evidence sought in Dr. Teresa Sievers' death
July 8, 2015
Video: Sheriff Mike Scott speaks about Dr. Teresa Sievers' homicide

Sheriff: Sievers' homicide not an arbitrary circumstance
4:03 p.m. EDT July 9, 2015
The sheriff's office released the incident report on the crime Thursday afternoon. The brief report only listed the time the crime was reported, 9:43 a.m. June 29, and the number of officers and units responding.
There were 38 officers and 37 units, from forensics to public information and regular deputies, who were called to the crime scene at some point on June 29, according to the report.
<snip>
"We just want to make sure the integrity of evidence is preserved," he said.
Additionally, he said, evidence continues to come in, some just Wednesday afternoon.

More in the video.

Donation accounts set up for family of slain Estero doctor
3:12 p.m. EDT July 9, 2015
A web-based fundraising account for the family of Dr. Teresa Sievers, slain June 29 in a homicide at her Bonita Springs home, has now collected more than $18,500 with a total goal reduced to $100,000 from the original $1 million figure.

That account is one of at least two that have been opened online and at an area bank branch to help the family of the Estero doctor.

Money collected in Teresa Sievers fund going to charity
July 9, 2015
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- New Thursday, we&#8217;re hearing from the reverend who laid Dr. Teresa Sievers to rest, and knew her well.

&#8220;She was a strong woman and maybe who knows whether she spoke her mind but you don&#8217;t get killed for that in the United States of America, we hope and pray. She was a wonderful wonderful person,&#8221; said Pastor Judy Lee.

WINK News is learning all the money raised online from a Teresa Sievers fund, will go to the &#8220;Good Shepherd Ministries&#8221; in Fort Myers, where she regularly attended.

Deputies chasing tips in Bonita doctor's murder
video: https://youtu.be/j-_hVm8S7sY
Updated: Jul 09, 2015 5:44 PM CST
BONITA SPRINGS, FL - Investigators are looking into at least fifteen tips in the murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers last week.
She was killed in her home in Bonita Springs.
We got the first investigative documents from the sheriff's office Thursday.

Nancy Grace video
Did slain doctor&#8217;s killer trick alarm system?
updated1:50 PM EDT, Mon July 13, 2015
Aired July 9, 2015 - 20:00:00 ET
Transcript: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/09/ng.01.html

Sheriff: Bonita doctor murder 'a complicated set of circumstances'
video: https://youtu.be/KbsAjaXUh5Q
Posted: Jul 13, 2015 5:53 PM CST Updated: Jul 13, 2015 6:02 PM CST
BONITA SPRINGS, FL - Detectives are working around the clock to solve a murder case.
Two weeks after Dr. Teresa Sievers was found dead at her home in Bonita Springs, Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott said the case is complicated and full of intricacies.
Sheriff Scott says he is personally following every aspect of this investigation.

Sheriff Scott Update on Dr. Sievers Homicide Investigation
Monday, July 13, 2015
Our investigation continues progressing well and my team is working around the clock. I am personally following every aspect of this investigation and there are many moving parts. As I have said previously, this tragedy is a complicated set of circumstances with many intricacies. I remain more confident than ever that this is not a random, arbitrary case.

My office initiated media updates soon after the discovery of Dr. Sievers' death and some media outlets seemed obsessed with our request that the public and specifically Dr. Sievers' neighbors report any suspicious activity, call with any information about the case and lock their doors. These three (3) appeals are "crime prevention 101" and were never intended to create added alarm. We ask this all the time in every case. At the same time, a Sergeant with my office who is moonlighting as a candidate for Sheriff and who has absolutely nothing to do with the Sievers case appeared with local media and issued criticism of the agency from which she continues collecting a paycheck. Remember that a swarm of law enforcement converged on this neighborhood and has continued commuting to and from the scene in a highly visible manner ever since. That level of law enforcement presence around the clock serves to make any area even more safe than usual. When we believe there is imminent danger to the public, we will be the first to communicate same.

Finally, certain media outlets continue reporting specifics of the Sievers case that have not been confirmed by my office. While law enforcement always prefers a bit more restraint, I fully understand that the media is what it is and does what it wants in the interest of an agenda and a timeline that is far different from ours. With that said, we will continue to update our media partners as able.

Tips slowing down in Sievers murder case
Fox 4 Now Youtube
https://youtu.be/2ZSM5_ng2DY
Published on Jul 17, 2015

According to Crime Stoppers, tips have begun to slow down in the investigation into the murder of 46-year-old Dr. Teresa Sievers.

Husband of murdered doctor to patients: Practice will go on
Posted: Jul 20, 2015 8:44 PM CST Updated: Jul 20, 2015 9:35 PM CST
video only: https://youtu.be/ymeomsXofIA
Last week, many people who used to see Dr. Sievers received an email from her husband, Mark, informing them the medical practice would go on and the search for a “like-minded” doctor was underway.
<snip>
We reached out to Mark Sievers about the status of the patients' medical records. He told us he had no comment.
Earlier in the day, Sievers said he plans to have an interim doctor in place at Teresa's old office by the end of this week. When asked for that doctor's name, he would not provide one.

Local organization raises money for Teresa Sievers memorial
5:45 p.m. EDT July 22, 2015
"She was a loud voice and advocate for Our Mother's Home at any moment and opportunity she had," Executive Director Karen Watson said in a statement. "Teresa and her family even hosted several Christmas parties for our teen mothers and staff at their home."

The home is used to transition teen mothers and their children from foster care and human trafficking to stable and happy lives, according to the press release.

4 weeks later and no arrest made in Dr. Teresa Sievers&#8217; murder
July 27, 2015
Sources tells WINK News, the Bonita Springs mother was beaten to death with a hammer. We&#8217;re also learning investigators and forensic experts are still combing her property.

According to neighbors on Jarvis Road, the scene at the Sievers home on Friday looked similar to the scenes they saw during the first week of the investigation. Friday&#8217;s scene involved crime scene technicians and investigators.

Neighbors say they witnessed technicians take saliva and hair samples from the couple&#8217;s dogs.
Deputies were joined by Sievers&#8217; husband, Mark.

Shelter staff praises the work of murdered doctor
Jul 27, 2015
She said (Teresa) played a huge role for the girls who live here. "She was here almost day, celebrations with birthday parties, baby showers, the parenting class," she told Four in Your Corner's Lisa Greenberg.
The wife, mom, and doctor still had time to give back as a board member at Our Mother's Home for the last eight years.

Five weeks after doctor's murder, tips slowing down
August 3, 2015
Fox 4 reached out to local detectives again Monday. They say tips have still slowed to a trickle, but Sheriff Mike Scott says his deputies are continuing to investigate around the clock and considers this an isolated case, meaning the community is not in danger.

Solving Sievers case may take time
Aug 16, 2015
LEE COUNTY, Fla. -- It's been 7 weeks since residents in a Bonita Springs neighborhood woke up to a disturbing scene when Dr. Teresa Sievers, a holistic doctor, was found murdered in her Jarvis Road home.

Sievers murder investigation: 7 weeks later
August 18, 2015
It&#8217;s been weeks since investigators released any new information, and Tuesday the Lee County Sheriff&#8217;s Office declined our request to speak to Sheriff Mike Scott about the case.

A local relative of Sievers&#8217; tells WINK News that detectives won&#8217;t tell them anything. The relative said the family is still grieving and hopes the killer is caught soon.

Murdered Bonita doctor's ex-husband speaks out
Posted: Aug 24, 2015 4:48 PM CST Updated: Aug 25, 2015 9:52 AM CST
Cousins told us his thoughts remained with Sievers' husband, Mark, and their two daughters. He spends most of his time remembering all of the passions Dr. Sievers shared with everyone she met.

"Be the best you possibly can," Cousins remembered her saying. "Believe in yourself, make a difference in this world and stand up for the right things."

Slain Estero doctor's sister reassures patients
August 24, 2015
e-mail from Teresa's sister at link.

Lee Co Sheriff confident in Sievers murder arrest
Aug 24, 2015
"There's a mountain of evidence to go through, both physical and otherwise," Scott said. "We've got people still working around the clock on that case."
"It's no doubt the most complicated, fascinating set of circumstances that I've ever been in contact with in reality, or even in sort of the Hollywood atmosphere," Scott said. "Its a big deal."
"I have every reason to believe that the case will come to fruition in terms of an arrest," Scott said. "And when it does, I can assure you that you and everyone else will be just as fascinated, and will fully understand why it took so long."

Missouri man will be charged in murder of Bonita doctor Teresa Sievers; second suspect named
12:48 PM, Aug 27, 2015 Updated: 10:05 PM, Aug 27, 2015
Rodgers was arrested in Missouri on a violation for leaving the state and traveling to Fort Myers, where he was spotted at a Wal-Mart on June 28, one day before Sievers' body was found. Federal officials were notified by Lee County sheriff's deputies of the violation, according to a federal warrant. Rodgers was on probation for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

READ: Federal warrant for Jimmy Rodgers' arrest
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2301410-jimmy-rodgers-federal-warrant.html

Man charged in Bonita Springs doctor’s killing
August 27, 2015
Jimmy Rodgers, who is being held on a federal warrant in Missouri, has been charged.
“This was a targeted set of circumstances,” Scott said.
Rodgers, of Potosi, Mo., located about 70 miles south of St. Louis, is currently in the St. Francois County jail in Farmington, Mo.
Rodgers, who was on probation for possessing a handgun as a felon, was arrested Wednesday for leaving Missouri without contacting his probation officer, according to an arrest warrant. Rodgers was in Fort Myers on June 28 at a Walmart on 6 Mile Cypress Parkway, the warrant said. The document did not say how he was identified.

Suspect in Sievers murder appears in St. Louis court
August 28, 2015
In court, Rodgers and his attorney waived the detention hearing, essentially admitting to the probation violation. However, Rodgers’ attorney only admitted that his client was out of the district, not in Florida.

Rodgers will be sentenced on Sept. 2 for violating probation and will serve at least four months in federal prison in Missouri, with a maximum of 10. Any extradition proceedings will take place after he serves his time.

Two Missouri men arrested for Bonita Springs doctor murder
video after 1st arrest with press conference clips: https://youtu.be/TEC0QEum7JM
different lead-in and shorter but appears to be same main content: https://youtu.be/F5iQNwrSmRc
And another variation for their local broadcast: https://youtu.be/nlZGLmbRYws
Posted: Aug 27, 2015 10:35 AM CST Updated: Aug 28, 2015 5:33 PM CST
Two Missouri men have been arrested and charged with the murder of Bonita Springs doctor, Teresa Sievers.

Jimmy Rodgers and Curtis Wayne Wright were taken into custody and have been charged for Sievers murder, according to Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott. Wright has been charged with second-degree murder. .
Rodgers, who reportedly goes by the nickname 'Hammer,' made an initial appearance in federal court in St. Louis Wednesday afternoon.

"He always talked about how his favorite weapon was a hammer. He said it to me multiple times, 'My favorite weapon was a hammer,'" said Rodgers' neighbor.
Wright and Rodgers are also friends on Facebook.

Two Missouri men arrested for murder of Bonita Springs doctor
Posted: Aug 27, 2015 11:29 AM CST Updated: Aug 28, 2015 6:37 PM CST
We have confirmed Jimmy Rodgers was arrested in Missouri on a federal probation violation. Through federal court documents, we learned Rodgers was seen at a Lee County Walmart on June 28. Sievers was found dead in her home on June 29. Rodgers' prior convictions on weapons charges led to his probation, and he was not permitted to leave the state of Missouri based on that probation.
While investigators were piecing the puzzle together in Florida, Rodgers’ neighbors tell us he was bragging about the crimes in Missouri. Rodgers lived at a home 1,200 miles from Bonita Springs in the small town of Cadet, Missouri. Neighbors say Rodgers was well known. When we visited the home, Rodgers' girlfriend’s family explained how they learned about the horrific murder. They say he confessed to the killings earlier this week, and even pointed her to where he hid the evidence.
Curtis Wright, who goes by Wayne Wright on Facebook, is listed on the social network as a family member of Teresa Sievers' husband, Mark. According to Teresa Sievers' sister, Wright is Mark Sievers' childhood best friend.
(screenshots of both Facebook connections at this link.)

Two Missouri men arrested in murder of Teresa Sievers
5:12 p.m. EDT August 28, 2015
The arrests were announced within three hours of each other by Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott in two news conferences that lasted less than five minutes. He took no questions from the media. The homicide was one of the most high-profile cases the sheriff's office has undertaken and one of the most complicated cases the office had ever encountered, he said.

"We engaged with a tenacious focus like no other," Scott said.

As of Thursday, Rodgers was booked in the Missouri St. Francois County Jail, according to the Daily Journal newspaper in Missouri.
Scott lauded the help of the FBI and the state attorney's office on Thursday, introducing representatives from both. James Rankin, supervisory senior resident agent in Fort Myers for the FBI, deferred comments to the Tampa office.

Dave Couvertier, spokesman for the FBI in Tampa, said the agency is ready to "supply the investigation with any assistance they need outside the area or the state."

Second arrest in Teresa Sievers case, two men charged
Aug 27, 2015
(clip of 2nd press conference at link.)
Both Curtis Wayne Wright and Jimmy Rogers will be brought back to Lee County to face the charges. Sheriff Scott emphasized that he's never been more proud of his organization;

"Two vicious killers are in custody, out of state mind you."

Sheriff Scott called the investigation ongoing and active. Scott implied there was more to release.

Two charged in slaying of Bonita doctor Teresa Sievers
9:55 PM, Aug 27, 2015 Updated: 12:45 PM, Aug 28, 2015
Two men were jailed Thursday in Missouri in connection with the slaying of Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers, and one of the suspects is an old friend of her husband, Mark Sievers.

Curtis Wayne Wright Jr., 47, and Jimmy Rodgers, 25, face second-degree murder charges.

Wright, who goes by his middle name, Wayne, has been friends with Mark Sievers since their high school days in Hillsboro, Missouri, according to mutual friends.

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott announced the arrests in two news conferences Thursday.

&#8220;Two vicious killers are in custody,&#8221; Scott said.

Sievers was found dead in her home at 27034 Jarvis Road in Bonita Springs on the morning of June 29. The circumstances surrounding how Sievers was killed have not been disclosed.

Scott would not answer questions from reporters Thursday, saying the case was active and ongoing. He did not reveal the cause of death, manner of death or a possible motive, but he did say the case was the &#8220;most complicated, intricate set of circumstances that most of us have ever seen.&#8221;

Kitty Lifka, of St. Louis, said Mark Sievers used to be a frequent visitor to her home because her youngest son attended college with him in Springfield. Sievers treated her like a second mother, she said.

Lifka also knew Wright because he worked for her other son at a home security company several years back. Although she had never met Teresa Sievers, Lifka said she was devastated when the news of the doctor&#8217;s death reached her in Missouri.

&#8220;The tears,&#8221; she said. &#8220;Everybody just felt so bad.&#8221;

Lifka said she heard Wright had gone to Florida to comfort Mark Sievers shortly after his wife was killed.

&#8220;We were thinking, &#8216;is he that friendly with Mark that he went to offer his condolences not over the phone, but in person?&#8217; &#8221; she said.

Lifka said Wright &#8220;just doesn&#8217;t have a good name,&#8221; saying he&#8217;d gotten into drugs a while back. Around that time, Mark Sievers called the Lifkas to caution them about Wright&#8217;s drug use.

&#8220;Mark did not try to cover for Wayne,&#8221; she said.

Lifka described Mark Sievers as &#8220;always the most polite, nicest guy.&#8221; When her son got married about 13 years ago, she said Sievers paid for the wedding reception for his old college friend.

Cheryl McIntire, who briefly dated Wright at Hillsboro High School, said Wright and Mark Sievers were friends at that time in the 1980s.

Wright had a younger brother, a younger sister and good parents, McIntire said, but he fell into drugs. At some point he had planned to go to college to become a doctor, she said.

Records confirm accounts of Wright&#8217;s drug use, showing he was arrested twice in recent years on drug-related charges. In October 2009, Wright pleaded guilty to controlled substance possession and received probation. Nearly two years later, a methamphetamine manufacturing charge resulted in a six-year state prison sentence for Wright. Records showing when Wright was released from prison weren&#8217;t available Thursday night.

Wright now lives with his new wife, Angie, in a mobile home in Hillsboro, a rural town about 50 miles southwest of St. Louis.

Mary Benton, who lives next door to Wright, said she saw him traipsing around his yard Thursday morning, offering a wave and asking about the health of her husband, who suffers from Parkinson&#8217;s disease.

&#8220;They always waved, and if they saw me unloading the car, they would say, &#8216;Can we help you?&#8217; &#8221; Benton said.

Although she didn&#8217;t know the couple personally, Benton said she was invited to and attended the Wrights&#8217; wedding in early May, held in a nearby park.

The news of Wright&#8217;s arrest trickled through the small town, Benton said, mostly through rumor.

&#8220;It&#8217;s just a shock to have someone be accused of something terrible when they just don&#8217;t appear to be that kind of people,&#8221; Benton said.

It&#8217;s unclear how Wright and Rodgers knew each other, or if Rodgers knew the Sievers family. On Facebook, Rodgers uses the nickname "Hammer."

Rodgers was spotted at a Walmart on Six Mile Cypress Parkway in south Fort Myers on June 28, one day before Teresa Sievers&#8217; body was found.

Lee County deputies notified federal officials of the sighting Monday, saying Rodgers was a probationer who was not allowed to leave Missouri.

Rodgers, who was on probation for being a felon in possession of a firearm, was arrested in Missouri for the probation violation Wednesday.

Federal and Missouri state court records show Rodgers pleaded guilty to resisting arrest in 2008, putting him on probation. In October 2009, Rodgers was found with 43 guns and indicted on a charge of possessing a firearm while a felon. He pleaded guilty and received nearly five years in federal prison, getting out in September 2014.

Photo shows suspects in killing of Dr. Teresa Sievers hanging out in weeks before her death
2:17 PM, Aug 28, 2015
Two suspects in the death of Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers were photographed hanging out on at least two occasions in the weeks before she was killed.

Jimmy Rodgers, 25, and Curtis Wayne Wright, 47, appeared together in a photo posted to Facebook on May 30. Rodgers' girlfriend, Taylor Shomaker, posted the photograph to her personal Facebook page, calling it a "pretty good night."

Shomaker also posted a set of photos on June 7 of herself with both Rodgers and Wright, although the two men did not appear in pictures together.

Both Rodgers and Wright were arrested Thursday in Missouri to face charges of second-degree murder in Sievers' death. It remains unclear how the two men knew each other. Friends have said Wright was a close friend of Sievers' husband, Mark Sievers.

Rodgers and Shomaker are expecting a baby boy in March. Shomaker posted about her pregnancy on June 29, the same day Sievers was found dead inside her home in Bonita Springs.

Rodgers was spotted at a Fort Myers Walmart on June 28, according to court documents. His travel to Florida was considered a violation of his probation on gun charges. Rodgers appeared in federal court Friday on the probation violation.

Sievers' sister reacts to arrests in murder
Aug 27, 2015
She said Wright was at her sister's funeral.
"I'm disgusted. I hugged this man so tight, and I cried on his shoulder, and said 'Thank you so much for being such a good friend to Teresa's family," Annie said.
She said Wright seems to have a close connection to Teresa's husband Mark.
"I was told they've been friends since they were kids," Annie said.
(In the video, the reporter comments about remarkable resemblance between MS/CWW in the lead-in to Annie's interview.)

Neighbors react to arrests in Sievers' murder
Aug 28, 2015
In the eight weeks it's been since she passed, neighbors like DC said they've been on edge, but now can rest easy.
"I'm ecstatic. It confirms, yes, they are still working on the case. It kind of puts our mind a little bit at ease what the Sheriff is telling us is we don't have to be worried, and this is a start,"
Officials have not said Mark is connected to the killing.
Teresa's sister said she hasn't heard from Mark since the arrests, and neighbors said they haven't seen much of him either.

[video=twitter;637710907326369792]https://twitter.com/AdamWINKNews/status/637710907326369792[/video]https://twitter.com/adamwinknews
&#8207;@AdamWINKNews
Rodgers will be sentenced Wednesday, Sept. 2 for his probation violation. Faces 4-10 months in federal prison.

Was doctor murdered by husband's bitter childhood friend? Chilling arrests in 'hitman' hammer attack murder of married mother of two
Published: 09:03 EST, 29 August 2015 | Updated: 06:46 EST, 30 August 2015
This is the third time in recent years that Wright has been arrested. He was taken into custody twice for drug-related charges. He once served time in prison for a methamphetamine manufacturing charge.

Wright worked as a computer technician for Sievers's practice in Estero, a source told NBC 2. He worked remotely from Missouri and would occasionally fly to Florida to work on the office's computer systems.

Spiska silent, but Sievers children are safe
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 9:20 PM CST Updated: Aug 28, 2015 10:39 PM CST
But Teresa Sievers' sister confirmed that the children are safe.
1:46 video at link.

55e0a0b3dc319.image.jpg

Two Missouri men accused of killing doctor in Florida
August 29, 2015 6:05 am
Rodgers&#8217; only Missouri felony charge was filed in 2007 when, at age 17, he was accused of resisting arrest by fleeing in Monroe County, Mo. He was sentenced to five years of probation. His attorney at the time said that Rodgers was in a &#8220;hot rod&#8221; and didn&#8217;t immediately pull over for police.

That state felony conviction was the basis of a federal charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon that was filed in 2009. Officials said he was caught with 43 rifles, pistols and shotguns that belonged to his deceased father.

His attorney in the federal case said in court filings that Rodgers had been told that as long as he did not touch the firearms there, he could return to the house he shared with his brother.

Federal prosecutors disputed that, and said Rodgers continued to acquire new guns after his state conviction. They noted that he was arrested in 2010 for possession of a sawed-off shotgun. In 2011, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 57 months in federal prison. He was released in September 2014.

Chilling photos show mom-of-two's alleged killers - including her husband's childhood friend - laughing and taking selfies before she was found murdered
Published: 10:24 EST, 30 August 2015 | Updated: 19:32 EST, 30 August 2015

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back