Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager in 2006 *report released 2015* #4 *Dismissed*

KateB

Reaction score
Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #4

Unsealed police report reveals 'Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar covered up after eldest son Josh confessed to repeatedly fondling girls when he was a teen - and case only went to police in 2006 because of Oprah concerns'
21 May 2015
The police report of Josh Duggar's alleged molestation reveals that incidents happened multiple times between the then teenager and five girls, almost always while the minors were sleeping.

What's more, both of his parents were aware of the situation but waited over a year to notify anyone in law enforcement, going at that time to see a family friend who was a trooper and did not file a report.

They also revealed details of the incident to church elders who did not reach out to law enforcement.

It was not until producers from The Oprah Winfrey Show, who were planning an interview with the family, received an email alerting them to the alleged molestation that an investigation began, this after the show reached out to the Department of Human Services.

That was in December of 2006, over four years after the first reported offense.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

Another post --

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/bi...er censored*-addiction-dude-youre-just-horny/

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jessa-duggar-boycott-josh-duggar-cheating-scandal-68589

Not really sure all of the commenters were fans like the headline says though, some could be just mad :p

http://www.etonline.com/news/170875...ains_their_process_our_prayers_are_with_them/

Whaa...? Family therapy? As in sessions with a family therapist? With what qualifications?

Reading the Bible together with the family is not family therapy.

So basically he's going to be telling them that if it's good it's good. If you love and respect your partner you're going to have amazing sex, and reading the Bible makes it so. (As if the Duggars don't read the Bible enough...)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-how-many-chances-can-you-get-on-reality-tv/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-speak-anger-hurt-wake-cheating-scandal.html

Cousin Amy maybe? Talking about spending Christmases so it could be someone from the extended family living elsewhere but of the same generation, and the happy time reference could be to her wedding.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/08/26/duggar-family-19-kids-and-no-money-to-count/

http://pagesix.com/2015/08/28/inside-josh-duggars-rehab-facility/

Gosh I wonder what they'd do, if they were NOT encouraging communication with family...

From Gitana:

Right. But I think he needs serious counseling about his sexuality in general, how his actions seriously harm the women and children in his life and how females aren't sex objects-but people.

He's no addict to me. But I think he has quite disorder thinking about sex and females. He needs a lot of work to unlearn what he has learned about sex, the body, the right of women to autonomy, the rights of women and children to dignity and to be safe and free from predation, etc. All things he has no chance of learning within his cultural context.

In his world, sexual acting out is simply a manifestation of sin and the devil. So "treating" that sin involves not changing one's thinking patterns, but instead, punishment and prayer.

Without real therapy to address why he feels it is okay to use women and children's bodies for his own pleasure without understand or caring about the harm he causes to those he uses and to his family, it's hopeless.

Oh and I don't believe he is a sociopath. I think he is a predator but not everyone who does evil things has a personality disorder. I think he's simply selfish and repressed and acting out years of being taught that men control women and children and their bodies. And that women are dangerous.

From Margo/Mom:

I think that one reason that families like the Duggars trend towards "recovery" programs like the Recovery Unanimous scam (and I do believe it to be a scam) is that they allow ongoing denial. One of the tenets of RU, according to their lit, is that any discussion of "past lifestyles" is "ungodly," and therefore forbidden (talking bad about the food is also forbidden and may require a period of fasting and prayer). Further, program participants are required to rat one another out for rule infractions or else receive the same punishment as the transgressor. There's no chance of anyone digging around in any past issues or finding any family secrets in such a system.

Looking at their literature, they only list two staff persons. Oddly, both are pictured with their wives in joined at the hip pictures, with their years of experience combined (as if a guy with five years experience actually has 10 years), and discussed as if the unrecognized wife is actually doing half of the work. Neither staff person has any credentials expected of a therapist, technician, or even ministry so far as I can tell.

It looks like the bulk of "treatment" comes from working through a serious of workbooks, journaling and memorizing the Bible. Oh, and working. That would be "community service," in the form of "volunteering" for the entity's "business partners." And this would be substantial--7:30 to 4:30 five days a week. And this is why I view this whole thing as a scam (as opposed to well-meaning but misguided folks who earnestly believe in their variation of prayer-therapy). Not quite sure of the size of this operation, but even if its only 10-15 inmates (er, clients), that would be 10-15 FTEs of free labor provided to some "business partners" in exchange for what, exactly? I think that there was a church in Akron that recently got busted for a similar scam--requiring church members "volunteer" to run a for-profit restaurant that kept the church running (and bought a luxury aircraft for the minister).

End of the day, addiction treatment according to commonly accepted practice has a fairly low long-term recovery rate (still, far better than nothing). I don't see anything associated with RU to indicate that anyone has any notion what their success rate is.

I admit I'm in a super cranky mood and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, but I just got back from the grocery store, where the latest People with Jessa and Jill on the cover was displayed.

I just wanted to slap their smirky faces. I am so tired of this sick, hypocritical family.

I wish they would all crawl back under their rock and stay there.

I admit I'm in a super cranky mood and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, but I just got back from the grocery store, where the latest People with Jessa and Jill on the cover was displayed.

I just wanted to slap their smirky faces. I am so tired of this sick, hypocritical family.

rsbm

Perhaps even more than Josh, the Duggar I love to hate is patriarch Jim Bob.

Great choices, both of you .. And this leaves the field open for my least favorite > Michelle.

There are so many terrific choices, it's hard to find a favorite. Myself, I put Josh below both Jim Bob and Michelle. As much of a little monster as he is, they made him what he is, with inhuman smiles frozen on their sanctimonious faces.

rsbm

Perhaps even more than Josh, the Duggar I love to hate is patriarch Jim Bob.

I try not to hate anyone. It's a drain on me and affects them not in the slightest. Also, "The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference. --Elie Wiesel" I'd rather be indifferent than hate-filled.

(No holier-than-thou lecture meant, since that's one of the things I despise about the Duggars and their ilk. Hate all you want! I won't think that makes me better than you.)

However, I can be very liberal with my contempt.

It's difficult to decide between Jim Bob and Michelle, who are far ahead of Josh as my contempt targets.

I don't know much about JB's background, but IIRC Michelle CHOSE to join that (IMO) freak show religious cult. And then advocate it to other women.

Considering the cult's views regarding women, to me that's like a black person joining a white supremacist group and then lecturing other blacks to accept their own God-given inferiority.

WHAT. THE. HECK.

See, I said I was in a cranky mood.

Duggar hating is alive and well and not just the subject of this thread.

I try not to hate anyone. It's a drain on me and affects them not in the slightest. Also, "The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference. --Elie Wiesel" I'd rather be indifferent than hate-filled.

(No holier-than-thou lecture meant, since that's one of the things I despise about the Duggars and their ilk. Hate all you want! I won't think that makes me better than you.)

However, I can be very liberal with my contempt.

It's difficult to decide between Jim Bob and Michelle, who are far ahead of Josh as my contempt targets.

I don't know much about JB's background, but IIRC Michelle CHOSE to join that (IMO) freak show religious cult. And then advocate it to other women.

Considering the cult's views regarding women, to me that's like a black person joining a white supremacist group and then lecturing other blacks to accept their own God-given inferiority.

WHAT. THE. HECK.

See, I said I was in a cranky mood.

Oh, I agree, hate is a strong tern and probably not useful when talking about a media person who is a stranger.

As for the Jim Bob v. Michelle situation -- I agree, it's difficult.

Michelle chose that ideology, but it's fair to say that Jim Bob did as well.

Both of them promoted their ideology to all of their children, male and female. Personally, I think that even though the male children have a much better hand of cards in the draw, they are also victims as well. Both Michelle and Jim Bob are guilty of raising all of their children in a horrible, hateful way.

While I concede that Jim Bob got Michelle involved in all of this BS, I don't see how she is more responsible than he is. It's like assigning more responsibility to the follower of a cult than one would assign to the leader of a cult. At best, they are equally responsible.

As for the hypothetical of a black person joining a white supremacist cult: that has happened, more than once, but I wouldn't treat it as an example of anything

Duggar hating is alive and well and not just the subject of this thread.

Other than in the most human way of loving everyone, what reasons are there to love the Duggars? Keeping in mind, of course, that they pretty clearly hate other people, and that their ideology is one that puts more than half of the population at a serious disadvantage.

They're a bunch of nuts really, if they kept it 'in house' I'd be fine with it, but they have this urge to ram it down everyone else's throat.

I have a problem when people think it's ok for someone to want to slap the faces of the smirky Duggar girls. That is hateful in my opinion. Also, some have alluded to Josh not being the only Duggar son having done something wrong.

I have a problem when people think it's ok for someone to want to slap the faces of the smirky Duggar girls. That is hateful in my opinion. Also, some have alluded to Josh not being the only Duggar son having done something wrong.

I am not sure anyone said my opinion was okay, but as the one who posted that I would like to slap the smirky faces of the Duggar girls, I readily admit that impulse was hateful. You're absolutely right about that.

However, if you can honestly say there's no one in the world whose face you'd like to slap, then...wow. Good for you.

I also think Michelle's anti-transgender robocall was much more hateful than what I said.

They're a bunch of nuts really, if they kept it 'in house' I'd be fine with it, but they have this urge to ram it down everyone else's throat.

Even if they kept it 'in house' they'd still have to branch out and recruit others, or at least continue breeding so they have a steady supply of women to keep down. I think (not that I really know) it must be difficult enough to get out of a cult when you've had another life and people on the outside trying to rescue you. They're creating their own members who, as far as I can tell, have very little chance of escape.

I wish they would all crawl back under their rock and stay there.

Here, this will make you feel better:

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald and Jill (Duggar) Dillard appeared on TLC's documentary Breaking the Silence Sunday, seeking education to address the aftermath of the abuse they faced at the hands of brother Josh Duggar more than a decade ago.
"I was so glad that my girls and I were able to do this together and that we could just be a support and encouragement to each other to be able to gain more information about this important topic," said Michelle, 48.
The seminar was especially meaningful for Jessa, who is expecting her first child on Nov. 1, and she said she learned "things I can do to be more aware, things I can do to set up boundaries and safeguards for my child and children, hopefully, in the future."

http://www.people.com/article/jill-...ggar-seewald-breaking-silence-tlc-documentary

I skipped the documentary.

Michelle chose that ideology, but it's fair to say that Jim Bob did as well.

snipped for focus

did he? I don't know whether he chose it or was brought up in it. Given what I observed growing up where and when I did, I can't honestly say that I agree someone brought up on it chose it.

Rather, they were brought up on it and never chose (or possessed the critical thinking skills) to question it.

It's like assigning more responsibility to the follower of a cult than one would assign to the leader of a cult. At best, they are equally responsible.

I don't agree with this either. If a woman who previously espoused feminist views (hypothetical, not saying this is true of Michelle) suddenly joined up with a misogynist cult and that led to her favoring her male children over her female ones, that's on her, not the leader of the cult.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back