AZ - Mom says she drowned twin boys in bathtub

OMG!!! And she tried to kill the third child!

Absolutely horrible.

For the love of... I HATE these stories. RIP little boys, fly high and free now.

"The probable cause statement released Monday also said Lopez said she takes medication for mental health conditions."

I wonder what for.

Gah. This is such a terrible story. :(

Of course she does.

I'm sorry...but I am SO SICK of this being an excuse. If you're mentally unstable enough to use it as an excuse in your defense, it should have been enough for CPS to take those babies BEFORE she harmed them.

I don't believe for one second that "no one knew she was capable of this". But that'll be another oh-so-common statement we'll hear from someone on her behalf here pretty soon as well...

Infuriating.

"The probable cause statement released Monday also said Lopez said she takes medication for mental health conditions."

I wonder what for.

Gah. This is such a terrible story. :(

Well...it said that SHE said she takes medication. I'm sure she has medication she is supposed to take, but I wonder if she is actually taking it.

I also wonder what she is taking them for.

Of course she does.

I'm sorry...but I am SO SICK of this being an excuse. If you're mentally unstable enough to use it as an excuse in your defense, it should have been enough for CPS to take those babies BEFORE she harmed them.

I don't believe for one second that "no one knew she was capable of this". But that'll be another oh-so-common statement we'll hear from someone on her behalf here pretty soon as well...

Infuriating.
I read that and wondered the same thing. Apparently, they lived with other family members. The grandmother rescued the third child before Lopez could harm him. I wonder if maybe the kids were in Gma's custody and mom wasn't supposed to have contact with the kids. Just wondering because I've seen other cases in which custody has been given to a family member because the mother has been deemed a danger to her children, but then the family member who was given custody of the children ends up taking in the mother also. Hope that isn't the case here, but very infuriating that someone failed these children by giving their mother access to them.

Well...it said that SHE said she takes medication. I'm sure she has medication she is supposed to take, but I wonder if she is actually taking it.

I also wonder what she is taking them for.
BBM. Depression, IMO. You know how the story usually goes: Ohhh, poor mom was so depressed she had to kill her innocent little babies. Pthhhh. :mad:

Back when I was growing up Mom was depressed.
She just didn't get out of bed and I raised my brother in her place.
Clearly we were the lucky ones. :twocents:

An Arizona woman told investigators that she drowned her 2-year-old twin sons and tried to kill her 3-year-old stepbrother in the same way because she didn’t want them to live with the difficulties she faces.

Court records released Monday say 22-year-old Mireya Alejandra Lopez told investigators that she takes medication for depression, schizophrenia and psychosis. Still, investigators say it’s unknown whether her mental condition was linked to the deaths or whether the difficulties she cited were psychological issues.

Lopez offered several reasons for the attacks, including that her kids were bullied and that her stepbrother rarely ate and was anti-social.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...g-2-sons-tub-mental-illness-article-1.2343746

tub1n-3-web.jpg

The twins' father, Sam Avitia, said he had joint custody of the boys and was scheduled to get them Friday. He also said Lopez suffered from depression and anxiety and takes medication but has never threatened anyone and never shown any violent tendencies.

"We asked for more help from the clinics, but they kept releasing her daughter and said we can't hold onto her," Marino said, speaking of Lopez.

Lopez told officers she thought it was better for them (the twins) to be at peace than to have to live with the same difficulties she has, according to the officer’s written report....

[After drowning them] Lopez said she then grabbed a pen that was in the bathroom and poked a hole into one boy's neck to make sure he was dead, according to police.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/29917668/police-mom-drowned-twin-boys-tried-to-drown-third-child

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back