Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
CT0034271-1_20150702.jpg

Teresa Ann Grace Sievers, MD, MSMS, FAARM, ABIHM
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ctpost/obituary.aspx?pid=175207127
http://apps.leeclerk.org/OR/showdetails.aspx?cfn=2015000165897

Colleague of slain Estero doctor reflects on ‘Mother Teresa'
Jul 2, 2015
Sievers, an Estero doctor board certified in internal medicine, was looking for someone to bring in components of the mind and spirit to her practice. When she met Spiska, a quantum healer and intuologist, it felt like a natural partnership. The women teamed up and began working together in Sievers’ office.
“She was a doctor that you would dream of,” Spiska said. “She would know everything about you — your fears, your doubts, your dreams, demons in the closet — and she would look at every single avenue to bring you on a healing path.”

Teresa Sievers' right-hand woman works to ensure her legacy
Jul 3, 2015
video only: http://fox4now.video.jrn.com/Dr-Teresa-Sievers-partner-speaks-out-Tara-Molina-29322822
BONITA SPRINGS, FLA.- As doctor Teresa Sievers' family tries to come to terms with a devastating loss, her colleague and right-hand woman, Lenka Spiska, is working to ensure her legacy, and progressive medicinal work, lives on forever.
"I feel that the media needs to shift the negativity to goodness, that's what she would do."

She says "goodness" was part of Sievers' life's work;

"It's no coincidence that I called her Mother Teresa. I think it's spreading around that she was the Mother Teresa of Southwest Florida, it's not just that she was a philosopher, she was a do-er."
Friends share Dr. Sievers’ message as murder investigation continues
7/2/2015
Spiska was the so-called Eastern medicine to Sievers’ Western medicine.

“On top of that, she was a lover and a fighter. She had that spunk in her and she was driven to deliver a message of healing to the world.”
“She would always give, give, give. Even her little girls are walking in that same footsteps.”
“She knew everything about the patients. She knew their dreams, their fears, their pains, their heartaches, losses, everything.”

frienddocsharethumb-938x535.jpg

Healing Inside & Out
eBella magazine article
Dr. Teresa Sievers focuses on the five pillars of health with an integrative medicine approach.
http://ebellamag.com/article1.php?article=1000477
Dr. Teresa Sievers, owner of Restorative Health and Healing Center in Estero, spent years in conventional medical school earning a bachelor’s in biology, a nursing degree, a masters in medical science, a medical doctorate, board certification in internal medicine and more
more at both links.
http://www.drteresasievers.com/images/eBella_may15_SieversFeature.pdf

Local organization raises money for Teresa Sievers memorial
5:45 p.m. EDT July 22, 2015
"She was a loud voice and advocate for Our Mother's Home at any moment and opportunity she had," Executive Director Karen Watson said in a statement. "Teresa and her family even hosted several Christmas parties for our teen mothers and staff at their home."

The home is used to transition teen mothers and their children from foster care and human trafficking to stable and happy lives, according to the press release.
"She paid it forward many times over, both personally and financially, because she believed in the mission and believed these girls and their babies deserved a chance in life," said Board of Directors President Debra Newell, in a statement.
B9317936041Z.1_20150702070806_000_GUNB83019.1-0.jpg

I don't know where to put this, so i will put it here. In the bella article it states that TS journals. Perhaps, LE found the journals and the entries pointed them in a certain direction? OR MS found the journals?

I wonder if her journals were found? Since her and the ex appear to be friends and talked frequently, I've wondered if she confided in him about things? He probably has some interesting stuff to say when this investigation wraps up. jmo

I don't know where to put this, so i will put it here. In the bella article it states that TS journals. Perhaps, LE found the journals and the entries pointed them in a certain direction? OR MS found the journals?

Hopefully LE found the journals and they are complete. Good thought!

The article also mentions how Dr Sievers walks into Stacy Siever's (MS's sister that passed away) office one day in app. 2003 meeting her future sister in law:

' Around 2003, Sievers said she walked into a practice in St Petersburg and "this beautiful redhead comes
out...She ended up becoming my sister-in-law.'

-Nin

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...vestigating-death-in-bonita-springs/29474437/
Dr. Sievers had so much more life to live and many more contributions I know she would want to give," Hood said. "She will be greatly missed and we can only hope to help fill in some of the gap by staying involved in Our Mother's Home in her honor."
Karen Watson, director of Our Mother's Home, said she knew Sievers as a caring person who had been active with the house since 2007, resigning in March from the board to focus on her practice.

WHY? Was the practice getting sooo big? Were things and circumstances there becoming out of hand? Did she discover something that she realized she needed to focus on? Was the practice just an excuse? Was it her home life? She did teach a weekly class at this OUR MOTHER'S HOME. Was severing this affiliation the first step in shedding other things that no longer served her,like her marriage? I would love to see her journals.. the key to a lot is in those journals.. jmo on all of this

This thread is just so sad. What a great loss of an amazing and caring woman.
My heart breaks for her family. I cannot imagine the grief.

Hopefully LE found the journals and they are complete. Good thought!

The article also mentions how Dr Sievers walks into Stacy Siever's (MS's sister that passed away) office one day in app. 2003 meeting her future sister in law:

' Around 2003, Sievers said she walked into a practice in St Petersburg and "this beautiful redhead comes
out...She ended up becoming my sister-in-law.'

-Nin

I wonder if TS met her husband through his sister.

So it appears she left everything to her spouse if he survived her in this will. If there were any others superseding the 2009 will, they will no doubt be coming forth to challenge, but it appears this is it!

It also appears that the revocable trust is revoked by her death. In other words, no longer applies. There was no testamentary trust set up in the will. A revocable trust is different from a testamentary trust and there is none mentioned. JMO

It also appears that the revocable trust is revoked by her death. In other words, no longer applies. There was no testamentary trust set up in the will. A revocable trust is different from a testamentary trust and there is none mentioned. JMO

Generally, revocable trusts convert to irrevocable trust upon death, so the trust would still exist. The bulk of her estate is likely in the trust and would pay out according to the terms of the trust document.

ETA This is very common estate planning, as it keeps virtually all of the decedent's assets out of probate.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

So it appears she left everything to her spouse if he survived her in this will. If there were any others superseding the 2009 will, they will no doubt be coming forth to challenge, but it appears this is it!

The will does mention an attachment with other specific bequests. If that attachment exists, it has not been made public.

Generally, revocable trusts convert to irrevocable trust upon death, so the trust would still exist. The bulk of her estate is likely in the trust and would pay out according to the terms of the trust document.

ETA This is very common estate planning, as it keeps virtually all of the decedent's assets out of probate.

she and her husband both owned the home.. He gets the whole thing assuming it was held as joint tenants with right of survivorship. And the will IS in probate.. so there are probatable assets. Although sometimes a will is filed in case something comes up later that wasnt mentioned in the will and they go to the will to see who the beneficiaries were and how she wanted things divided...like future royalties . or who she wanted left out, for example. Yes, i know that an irrevocable trust is automatic when the trustee of the revocable trust dies. Personal effects may be in it. I just wonder where the insurance proceeds, if she had life insurance, went? Into her trust? Into her estate.. directly to the children to be held in trust? MS? Land records show both she and her husband as owners of the home.. it doesnt say the revocable trust owns the home. Am i explaining this correctly? JMO

Just wondering. - with the exception of specific requests TS may have left in the will attachment, and everything going to Mark, what IF he is involved in her murder?

Does he still inherit everything? Or can her family contest the will? Perhaps, the person named as guardian of the children may contest it since they are named in the will?
***SPECULATION ONLY***

PS: This is difficult to say. Many times wills are made early in a marriage or when the first child arrives. The couple is head over hills in love and could never imagine less than a perfect marriage. Time moves on, people change as do relationships for various reasons.
After a period, the marriage changes, it's not so perfect now, however, couples don't think about their will and would they still want the same things.

We don't know the type of marriage the Sievers had. From the bits and pieces we have learned, we can take a guess. Therein lies my concern over TS's will as it was made some years ago. Is it what she would want today? I sincerely hope so.

Just wondering. - with the exception of specific requests TS may have left in the will attachment, and everything going to Mark, what IF he is involved in her murder?

Does he still inherit everything? Or can her family contest the will? Perhaps, the person named as guardian of the children may contest it since they are named in the will?
***SPECULATION ONLY***

PS: This is difficult to say. Many times wills are made early in a marriage or when the first child arrives. The couple is head over hills in love and could never imagine less than a perfect marriage. Time moves on, people change as do relationships for various reasons.
After a period, the marriage changes, it's not so perfect now, however, couples don't think about their will and would they still want the same things.

We don't know the type of marriage the Sievers had. From the bits and pieces we have learned, we can take a guess. Therein lies my concern over TS's will as it was made some years ago. Is it what she would want today? I sincerely hope so.

Most/all states have slayer statutes that prevent someone involved in a murder from inheriting. Basically, the murderer is treated as if he predeceased the victim, and the estate passes to the next in line.

Link to Florida's slayer statute:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0732/Sections/0732.802.html

Most/all states have slayer statutes that prevent someone involved in a murder from inheriting. Basically, the murderer is treated as if he predeceased the victim, and the estate passes to the next in line.

Link to Florida's slayer statute:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0732/Sections/0732.802.html

IF, no link can be made between anyone else as ordering a hit..it may take time.. but MS (even if involved) and not arrested gets the whole pie or access to the whole pie. No one is going to talk, imo. Without someone singing and turning state's evidence or something along those lines.. anyone already free stays free. Even if MS is 100% innocent he can read the tea leaves. No poly, no talking to LE, the press, etc. He probably has lawyered up and would be smart to do so. Assuming Skinner was for real, coming on here and saying he hadnt heard from MS in a while then hearing from him the next day or 2 after being here, is suspect, imo.

Where is the shock and awe..the wow factor, the books and movies? Maybe MS and TS had the same lover and CWW and JR took it upon themselves to save the day. Nah.. IMO there had to be orders from headquarters.. Scott saying he had spent a lot of time talking with the girls the other day is also odd, IMO. Supervised visits, perhaps? I do wonder.. if the family is divided on who the next perp or perps are, who is in that "envelope of suspicion" for them? JMO

All of this is speculation and MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back