2015.08.26 Jimmy Rodgers: Charged with Murder in the Second Degree

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Two Missouri men arrested for murder of Bonita Springs doctor
Aug 27, 2015

8673214_G.jpg
8674975_G.jpg

Jimmy Rodgers and Curtis Wayne Wright were taken into custody and have been charged for Sievers murder, according to Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott. Wright has been charged with second-degree murder.

Sievers was found dead in her home on Jarvis Road in late June. The mother of two small children ran a hormone therapy and holistic healing practice out of Estero.

Sheriff Scott said they believe the murder was "a targeted set of circumstances."

Spotted in Lee County

We have confirmed Jimmy Rodgers was arrested in Missouri on a federal probation violation.

Through federal court documents, we learned Rodgers was seen at a Lee County Walmart on June 28. Sievers was found dead in her home on June 29.

Hometown confession

While investigators were piecing the puzzle together in Florida, Rodgers’ neighbors tell us he was bragging about the crimes in Missouri.

Rodgers lived at a home 1,200 miles from Bonita Springs in the small town of Cadet, Missouri. Neighbors say Rodgers was well known.

FB Photo link: http://wzvn.images.worldnow.com/images/8674975_G.jpg
http://www.abc-7.com/story/29893665/arrest-warrant-sought-in-dr-teresa-sievers-murder

I think one set of scenarios that can definitely be ruled out is that TS "surprised" people at the house or an intruder. According to JR 's girlfriend's aunt (Gaston), there is a bloody jumpsuit that was worn over clothing to commit the act. This suggests planning.

I think one set of scenarios that can definitely be ruled out is that TS "surprised" people at the house or an intruder. According to JR 's girlfriend's aunt (Gaston), there is a bloody jumpsuit that was worn over clothing to commit the act. This suggests planning.

MS friend said overalls were buried . I only recall that they were thrown away in the trash in MSM . Does anybody have a handy link or better recollection ?

MS friend said overalls were buried . I only recall that they were thrown away in the trash in MSM . Does anybody have a handy link or better recollection ?

I'm pretty sure MSM stated they were buried or "hidden away"--- not thrown in trash

I like to reiterate that Jimmy Rodgers was already surrounded by LE planning the arrest, before the girlfriend started to talk, marker 2:07:

[video=youtube;nlZGLmbRYws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlZGLmbRYws[/video]

-Nin

“I went over to his trailer a couple times, sat with him, he always talked about how we was wanted by the feds,” said Lake, who also said he never asked Rodgers’ why he was wanted by the feds."

"Lake told us Rodgers would also talk about how much he liked hammers. According to a source in the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Sievers was bludgeoned to death with a hammer."

“That gave me chills, knowin’ that he said his favorite weapon was a hammer,” said Lake."

Jimmy Rodgers’ neighbors speak out (Also a video posted)

Did anyone watch this? Jimmy Rodgers’ neighbors speak out JR had a blue van too. Neighbors of TS might have seen the blue van in the driveway and thought it belonged to TS? JMO Someone on the video also said a white cooler with blood stains on it was taken by CSI.

Good catch! That is quite interesting. Now they could have even exchanged the vans at the airport! Simple.

Also, at marker.41 they say a LCSO member ("source") confirmed Dr S was indeed bludgeoned to death with a hammer.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/08/31/jimmy-rodgers-neighbors-speak-out/

-Nin

Did anyone watch this? Jimmy Rodgers’ neighbors speak out JR had a blue van too. Neighbors of TS might have seen the blue van in the driveway and thought it belonged to TS? JMO Someone on the video also said a white cooler with blood stains on it was taken by CSI.

It was reported that JR had thrown the jumpsuit either away or that he threw it somewhere and the girlfriend was able to lead LE to that location. What's with the bloody clothes then they found in JR's van as reported in the same coverage?

“I seen them take bloody clothes out of Jim’s car, to put in a paper bag to put in the CSI truck,” said Lake’s girlfriend Angel Coleman, who witnessed the raid.

-Nin

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/new-clues-emerging-in-death-of-bonita-doctor_45921256

On June 28, Rodgers’ girlfriend, Taylor Shomaker, threw a baby shower for their mutual friend, Wendy Crader, up in Missouri. Crader said Shomaker told her Rodgers was on a business trip for his company and expected to make $10,000 over the weekend.

“She was excited because she could then get a van that she wanted,” Crader said. “I feel so bad for Taylor that this happened … and even worse for Teresa [Sievers] and her family and friends.”

Crader said she wasn’t sure if Rodgers made any money that weekend but did know that he and Shomaker had purchased a van since then. In TV coverage this past weekend, a blue minivan is seen parked in front of the couple’s trailer in Cadet, Missouri.

...On June 28, Rodgers’ girlfriend, Taylor Shomaker, threw a baby shower for their mutual friend, Wendy Crader, up in Missouri. Crader said Shomaker told her Rodgers was on a business trip for his company and expected to make $10,000 over the weekend.

But can they prove it was JR that put it there, is the chain in question, has it been contaminated, is it admissible? I agree it seems the evidence is there in that regard, I'm just saying no way would any defense atty allow either to implicate themselves at this pooint

IMO, there won't be any issues regarding the admissibility of the jumpsuit. JR told the girlfriend, and she told LE where it was. The jury can consider whether or not someone planted or contaminated the jumpsuit, or whatever alternative theory the defense offers, but a judge wouldn't exclude it simply because there wasn't an eye witness to testify that JR brought the suit up from FL and buried it in his backyard. In fact, the prosecution could get it in multiple ways. As others have stated earlier, the jumpsuit could (should) be offered to show the defendant's state of mind; the jumpsuit is highly probative of premeditation, preparation for murder. JR's disposal after the fact, goes to the cover up.

I do wonder if he bought the jumpsuit and the hammer at Walmart. Maybe it was just the jumpsuit. I know LE won't confirm the hammer as the murder weapon, but have they confirmed what was purchased at Walmart by JR?

IMO...he's pretty much sunk and it would be in his best interest to sing like a bird. Maybe they haven't provided an offer yet that his attny finds sufficient? AND, does anyone think LE will even start making him deals until after he serves his federal sentence? Isn't the "talker" usually the first to be tried?

In my experience, no, the first one to talk is usually the last to be tried to ensure that the 'talker' will testify (properly) against the other. Regarding deals, until JR is extradited to FL there will be no offers made by the prosecution. IMO, the feds won't hold up the state murder prosecution in FL due to the probation violation. I think that was a holding tactic.

IMO, there won't be any issues regarding the admissibility of the jumpsuit. JR told the girlfriend, and she told LE where it was. The jury can consider whether or not someone planted or contaminated the jumpsuit, or whatever alternative theory the defense offers, but a judge wouldn't exclude it simply because there wasn't an eye witness to testify that JR brought the suit up from FL and buried it in his backyard. In fact, the prosecution could get it in multiple ways. As others have stated earlier, the jumpsuit could (should) be offered to show the defendant's state of mind; the jumpsuit is highly probative of premeditation, preparation for murder. JR's disposal after the fact, goes to the cover up.

I do wonder if he bought the jumpsuit and the hammer at Walmart. Maybe it was just the jumpsuit. I know LE won't confirm the hammer as the murder weapon, but have they confirmed what was purchased at Walmart by JR?

(Snipped be me)

Not sure where the link is right now, but JR's boss mentioned a jumpsuit for work & that it was possible JR didn't turn one back in. My assumption was that the jumpsuit was one he wore for work. But, that is my assumption/opinion only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA- a link to an article that mentions he sometimes worked in a jumpsuit, although this isn't the one I saw previously- http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29935782/sievers-murder-suspects-boss-claims-hand-in-arrest

Not sure where the link is right now, but JR's boss mentioned a jumpsuit for work & that it was possible JR didn't turn one back in. My assumption was that the jumpsuit was one he wore for work. But, that is my assumption/opinion only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA- a link to an article that mentions he sometimes worked in a jumpsuit, although this isn't the one I saw previously- http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29935782/sievers-murder-suspects-boss-claims-hand-in-arrest

I agree. It's probably a jump suit from work. JR is a painter, so probably used jump suits often, to protect his clothes.

That could be a good thing. If the jumpsuit is proven to come from his work, and has TS's blood on it. That's pretty damning evidence.

I wonder why he brought it all the way home with him, instead of dumping it anywhere along his long drive back.

Well if one of the perps was on the phone at a specific time hopefully they retrieved his phone records. I hope he wasn't bright enough to use a burn phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back