Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Julie Nelson interviews Wetterling 'person of interest'
KARE 11 -- 2:50 PM, Oct 6, 2010
COLD SPRING, Minn. -- For 21 years Dan Rassier has lived under a cloud of suspicion. He has been called, by police, a person of interest in the Jacob Wetterling case.

Julie Nelson sat down with the 54-year-old, who lives with his parents on the family farm in St. Joseph. Rassier described himself as an avid runner and hard worker.

"I keep myself very busy and on task, probably too much of the time," said Rassier...

"Why do you think they've kept you as a person of interest for so long in the Jacob Wetterling case?" asks Nelson.

"I'm single, living at home with my parents, some people see that as a mark of failure," said Rassier. "I don't have a good alibi," he added.

Twenty-one years later and police are still checking out Dan Rassier. He says he willingly submitted a DNA sample, took a lie detector test, and even underwent hypnosis. He does not know the results of those tests, but knows his family thinks he's been too forthcoming.
(ARTICLE AND VIDEO AT THE LINK)
Part Two: Julie Nelson's conversation with Dan Rassier
KARE 11 -- 2:50 PM, Oct 6, 2010
It was six years ago when the scrutiny intensified for Rassier. Investigators ruled out the use of a car in Jacob's abduction. The attention turned to Rassier.

"I was home alone. I don't have an alibi," said Rassier.

Rassier says he has been interrogated more time than he can count. "They even said to me, this was six years ago, "Would you be willing to just admit you did it and end this whole thing so we can go on and get this solved?" "They've said that to me," said Rassier.

"What was your reaction?" asked Jule Nelson

"I laughed. I laughed at them. They didn't like that but for me I have to have a sense of humor about something so serious or I wouldn't be here. I'd have gone crazy long ago," answered Rassier.
(ARTICLE AND VIDEO AT THE LINK)

Here is the full 13 minute interview from KSTP with DR:
http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/...ive_interview_w_wetterling_person_of_interest

Tonight's TV interview with DR on KARE11: (brief summary for those who couldn't watch - I'm sure it will be posted online by tomorrow.)

DR: I have a JW file
Interviewer: Why?
DR: Why not?

He did go on to explain that he has files on almost everything, but in his "Jacob box" he had video tapes from news shows, newspaper clippings, photos, and his own thoughts. When she questioned again why, he said "Wouldn't it be a shame if I didn't have it written down and forgot it all some day?" He also said he can go back whenever he wants and read through and watch all the old TV news shows on it.

The "You know I like to do pranks" remark was directed to the news interviewer and not to Patty as I had originally thought - so that made more sense. He spoke of talking with Patty for over an hour. She was evidently just walking past his place and he was out by the mailbox and she asked him if they could talk. He said, why not, after 20 years of not talking, we probably should start. He said she asked several times if he was just trying to scare the boys because it was near Halloween and dark out and she asked if he did it several times. This time he responded "No, no and no." So he didn't seem quite as awkward in this interview as the one last night.

He also talked a bit about how his dad "said something he shouldn't have" to teh investigators when they came to the farm this summer. (I got the impression he swore and/or ordered them off his property) and DR said he was afraid his dad was going to have a heart attack he was so upset. DR also said something about investigators putting his mom on the floor - which I find doubtful - but then he said he couldn't reveal anymore about that. He said his dad was "scared" - which was an odd choice of words - I would think angry or mad, but scared??

But here are some links on Dan R. He still lives at home with his parents. His home was searched just this past summer and they took a journal he had on Jacob, a box of files he kept on the case, an old cedar chest with blood on it and an umbrella stand. (Those last 2 items were taken from a loft in a garage.) You can hear his deep voice on these interviews I have linked below.

<modsnip>

And here are live interviews with him - where he says quite odd things.
Part 1: http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875911
Part 2: http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

And this (link and transcript below) is the original interview with DR from back in 2004 - before they had named him publicly as a suspect and they were still blurring his face to hide his identity. 2004 was when they finally figured out that "Kevin" who drove to the scene in his car after hearing it on his scanner and seeing a cop car go by came forward and they realized Jacob was never taken in a car. (DR was the one who had told LE in a 911 call that there was a car in his driveway.) Kevin is also shown and interviewed on this video.
myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/interview-with-wetterling-neighbor-in-2004-fox-9-report-june-30-2010

Transcript of above video:
It&#8217;s been nearly 15 years since Jacob Wetterling vanished near his St. Joseph home.
And he&#8217;s the man who says he has recently become a &#8220;suspect&#8221; in the Wetterling Investigation.
Stearns County authorities don&#8217;t use the word. That&#8217;s because of gaps early in the investigation. They haven&#8217;t been able to link him to the crime or rule the man out.
Trish Van Pilsum: &#8220;Did you have anything to do with Jacob&#8217;s disappearance?&#8221;
The Man: &#8220;I didn&#8217;t have anything to do with it.&#8221;
FOX 9 won&#8217;t identify this man because he hasn&#8217;t been arrested or charged. He lives near the abduction site. He was home alone on October 22, 1989. There is no one to confirm his whereabouts. Police questioned him the day after the abduction, more as a witness than a possible suspect.
The Man: &#8220;They needed to check me out. They said they had to check me out.&#8221;
They searched his car at work but not until later in the day.
The Man: &#8220;That morning when I left, I had a car full of &#8230;&#8221;
Trish Van Pilsum: &#8220;Boxes. Big boxes.&#8221;
The Man: &#8220;&#8230; and they never looked in my car. I mean it was that bad.&#8221;
They searched his property, too. But not until five days later.
The Man: &#8220;They didn&#8217;t come in the house that night. It could have been over with.&#8221;
Investigators, new to the case, agree important things were overlooked in the early days of the search. That there were just too many people and too many agencies involved.
More than 14 years passed. Why the renewed interest in this man now? The FOX 9 Investigators have learned that investigators now doubt one of the main theories of Jacob Wetterling&#8217;s disappearance. That theory: While Jacob, his brother, and a friend walked their bikes and scooter home from a convenience store, somebody got out of a car, grabbed Jacob, and fled in his car.
Stearns County investigators are steering away from the car, leaving their suspect on foot, and local. That fits with what the other boys said.
This is a copy of a statement Jacob&#8217;s best friend Aaron gave police.
[Investigator:] &#8220;Was there any vehicles or anything around at this point that you observed?&#8221; [Aaron Larson:] &#8220;Uh uh. Not that we could see.&#8221;
How did the car come into play? Remember the witness turned possible suspect? It was his account that placed a car at the scene that night. He said it turned around and sped away about the time Jacob disappeared.
The FOX 9 Investigators also have learned there was a car nearby that night. We found the driver. He is not a suspect.
Kevin: &#8220;It&#8217;s sad. It chokes me up. But what can I do. What could I have done.&#8221;
He&#8217;s a man in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Kevin: &#8220;I never came forward. I figured I didn&#8217;t have to.&#8221;
Kevin was 21 at the time. He heard something on the scanner. Saw a police car speed by his house. Curious, he tried to follow the squad. He was there so fast there was no police crime scene tape around the bikes and scooter yet. He drove away and told a police officer what he&#8217;d seen.
Kevin: &#8220;He said, yeh we know all about that. I know about the bikes. And that was it. It was like I was bothering him. We backed out and left and that was it.&#8221;
Trish Van Pilsum: &#8220;He didn&#8217;t take your name or phone number.&#8221;
Kevin: &#8220;He didn&#8217;t take my name.&#8221;
Trish Van Pilsum: &#8220;He didn&#8217;t ask, did you see a man lurking around?&#8221;
Kevin: &#8220;Didn&#8217;t ask me a thing.&#8221;
Nor, it appears, did the officer pass along his conversation with Kevin to investigators. It strikes the new investigators now working on the case 14 years later as strange. It also strikes them as a huge problem. In fact, investigators didn&#8217;t know about Kevin at all until this October [2003]. This came about because he met a federal marshal at a party who urged Kevin to talk to the lead investigator of the Wetterling investigation.
Kevin: &#8220;He was really shocked. &#8216;Cause after I told him who I talked to, what I seen, he couldn&#8217;t believe he didn&#8217;t know about me. In reality, I could have been the kidnapper and they never would have found me.&#8221;
In fact, of the thousands and thousands of pages of leads, none places Kevin at the scene around the time of the kidnapping. A source close to the case said they wasted 14 years looking for him.
Trish Van Pilsum: &#8220;Kevin, do you think, &#8216;Boy if my information didn&#8217;t get passed along, what else was missed?&#8217;&#8221;
Kevin: &#8220;Yes. Who else knows something about the case they might not think was crucial.&#8221;
Kevin even heard the police were trying to track down the car using tire tracks.
Kevin: &#8220;I was scared. I got really scared.&#8221;
Kevin expected police to come to him. They never did.
Trish Van Pilsum: &#8220;So if they couldn&#8217;t find you, what were the odds that they could find the kidnapper.&#8221;
Kevin: &#8220;Exactly. I think about that all the time. It&#8217;s sad. A young kid like that you know, 14 years.&#8221;
Why didn&#8217;t he go to the police? He figured he&#8217;d gotten to the scene after everything was over. He doubted he had anything to add. And he didn&#8217;t want to get caught up in the widening net of the Wetterling search.
Kevin: &#8220;I knew they were looking for someone and I didn&#8217;t want to be put in the position of being a suspect.&#8221;
Now investigators believe the car is accounted for. The investigation narrows to a small area surrounding the abduction scene. And, specifically on one man. One of Jacob Wetterling&#8217;s neighbors.
The Man: &#8220;I&#8217;m not worried. I&#8217;m thinking they&#8217;re going to figure out I couldn&#8217;t, I wouldn&#8217;t have been able to do something like that.&#8221;
Investigators questioned him as recently as two weeks ago, February 7th [2004]. They took a sample of his DNA. Five days later they questioned his family and searched his computer files at home.
The Man: &#8220;I just have to hope they make sense out of it and not wreck my life.&#8221;
Remember he is the witness who placed a car at the scene. Later that night he heard a commotion. It was the search and it was in his yard. He went back to bed.
Trish Van Pilsum: &#8220;Why would you go to bed when a kid had just disappeared?&#8221;
The Man: &#8220;I wanted to get some sleep. I wasn&#8217;t going to waste my time.&#8221;

Here's a link to the interview from WCCO.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

Some new things I learned:
DR was never told the results of his lie detector test. So posters that have claimed on here over the years that "he passed" must have just been guessing, since Dan doesn't even know himself.

DR says he is working with Joy Baker to "put out information about what he really did and saw that night." "How can I clear my name without getting the crime solved,&#8221; Rassier said.

I still don't understand DR's reasoning here:
"He insists the key to the case is a tan car similar a Monte Carlo that he told police sped into his yard the afternoon of the abduction.
&#8220;I&#8217;m convinced 100 percent whoever was driving that afternoon car&#8230;you have your kidnapper. No one drives like that in broad daylight,&#8221; Rassier said. &#8220;That is what I told police from the beginning.&#8221;

Why would a car driving fast in the afternoon be the same guy who would come back and kidnap Jacob later that night?? Not sure I understand his reasoning on this. There was a big polka mass and festival that Sunday just north of DR's home at the Del-Win ballroom. The driver could have been anyone who had been at that polka fest and was possibly drinking and driving too fast, got lost and was hurrying to get out of there after they realized they had turned into a private drive instead of a back road.

I also found this quote interesting:
&#8220;The person in the area who probably did this could have taken Jacob&#8217;s body and hidden it in our gravel pit,&#8221; Rassier told Patty Wetterling.

So it sounds like DR feels some person in the area probably did this also. Interesting.

I have always wondered if Kevin's girlfriend knew the Rassiers and they went down the driveway to see if any of the Rassier's were outdoors to talk to about the kidnapping. She was at her Mom's place so she was a local and St. Joe is a small town, I don't see how she did not know someone from the family, the Rassiers have a large family. Being friends of Rassiers is maybe why she has never come forward publicly. I am thinking that Kevin was not a local but was a student, I could be wrong.

My bet is that DR knows who she is....just a guess.

I have always wondered if Kevin's girlfriend knew the Rassiers and they went down the driveway to see if any of the Rassier's were outdoors to talk to about the kidnapping. She was at her Mom's place so she was a local and St. Joe is a small town, I don't see how she did not know someone from the family, the Rassiers have a large family. Being friends of Rassiers is maybe why she has never come forward publicly. I am thinking that Kevin was not a local but was a student, I could be wrong.

My bet is that DR knows who she is....just a guess.

Kevin is local.

If you have the taste for self-immolation to go back and read all the threads you can pinpoint his address and other salient details confirming his intense ties to the community. He is no student.

Kevin's girlfriend could tell us a lot. Joy knows her true identity, but I've not seen anyone else, ever, say they have knowledge about her.

(modsnip)

The evidence against DR is that he was in the right place at the right time. The abduction occurred on his property. Pretty strong stuff. But that's it. Jacob's tracks and scent disappear a short walk from the road.

If anyone has any evidence about DR's guilt other than post-crime behavior of DR they don't like, I'd like to here it.

(modsnip)

The evidence against DR is that he was in the right place at the right time. The abduction occurred on his property. Pretty strong stuff. But that's it. Jacob's tracks and scent disappear a short walk from the road.

If anyone has any evidence about DR's guilt other than post-crime behavior of DR they don't like, I'd like to here it.

You want it you got it. DR became a POI 21 years after the abduction and during the third search of his farm. POI can really mean just two things, either he is providing new info or he is directly suspected in the crime. 21 years is a long time to suddenly share new information and help the case. Whats worse for him is it's been 5 years and he is still publicly named. Items from the search are still undergoing testing for as far as we know. There is a gag order that has been issued for LE not to discuss anything surrounding the man. DR is the only person that Patty has directly asked to confess, and more then once. She didn't go to feeny, seitz, hart, hollinger etc. She went to DR.

Patty directly went to DR and asked him to confess a year before the third search. If his POI simply means he is suddenly sharing new info, why didn't he just tell and give everything to patty when she asked him to confess.

You want it you got it. DR became a POI...

...Patty directly went to DR ....

So there's no other evidence of his guilt other than he was in the right place at the right time; the abduction happened on his property.

I don't consider other people's opinion as evidence of guilt. Not the cops. Not Patty's. Their record in solving this case speaks for itself.

So there's no other evidence of his guilt other than he was in the right place at the right time; the abduction happened on his property.

I don't consider other people's opinion as evidence of guilt. Not the cops. Not Patty's. Their record in solving this case speaks for itself.

It is what it is for now, not completely told. To me it is the greatest interest the case has right now.

This post is very long, contains no evidence, and forwards no theories. If you are just looking for facts, questions, speculations, and theories, I encourage you to skip ahead. Don't get me wrong. My username should make clear my intentions regarding this case, but that will take time and help and shared motivation. Around here, we're good at sharing.

....everyone has an unknown agenda.

So what's your unknown agenda, 777? What do you mean? Is the post containing this quote still up? I can't find it anymore.

For that matter, though, what's my unknown agenda?

I'm not really interested in much true crime stuff. It usually just grosses me out, or makes me feel sick about the country and the world. I only became aware of Web Sleuths because of this case.

Here's the thing, though. I grew up in Minnesota, and for us here in Minnesota it's hard to explain why there was just something different about Jacob Wetterling. I was born and raised here. Everybody has certain feelings about "home", and both good and bad views of where they come from. Minnesotans do have a certain sensibility about them. Jacob Wetterling's abduction was a 'shared experience' for us, and it truly mattered to us. It still does. I was only 8 years old when he was abducted, but I have a pretty good memory. It seems cliche to say this, but if you were here or experienced something similar in you town or state you know what I mean when I say that it truly felt as if Minnesota's innocence was, maybe not lost, but definitely at least changed. Injured. I remember the news reports, the way adults reacted, and the way Halloween that year felt more frightening and sinister.

I was a Cowboy for my elementary school costume party, and I had realistic metal toy guns as part of my costume. The coming decade for America's schools would forever change the way we would look at the innocence of things like toy guns at school, too. But, I digress. I was Batman on Halloween night, and you can bet I was ready to bring any potential criminals to justice. And I really had a sense that if somebody tried to abduct me or my sister or my friends, it would probably be the same person who had abducted Jacob Wetterling. And I was Batman, because Batman could protect us kids. Batman could fight back. And the way that the community of adults at that time felt and acted about us kids was an indication that maybe we needed a few more Batman's and Cowboys on the streets.

Here in Minnesota, Jacob Wetterling's abduction feels different. And sad. Sad in a deeper, more long term way than many other crimes and tragedies. Because it was a witnessed crime, it's different than other missing children cases. We know he was abducted. No chance of a runaway. No accidental drowning. Not much chance of anything but the likely worst. Yet still not solved. And not in any way resolved. No body. Maybe he's still alive. Hope, with a knowing, realistic sadness. Long term sadness. It's sad in a more resonant, metaphorical way. The time of year, and Minnesota's seasons amplify the sad nostalgia with the fall weather. The end of summer, then back to school, then get ready for Halloween, then Jacob Wetterling's abduction. A new age progression photo. Hope and sadness. And everything pauses, and every year we leave our porch lights on that night. And the next day, back to everything... but with a touch of sadness. We are good sharers in Minnesota. It informs our politics and shapes our thinking about community and kindness. Along with that comes a willingness to share burden. And I guess many of us just feel we're all responsible in some way for having not yet solved the case.

But one day it will be solved. And when it is, we in Minnesota will cry. Mostly for the family, and mostly for Jacob, but also a little bit for ourselves. Because a little bit of us was taken, too.

I want Minnesota to finally be able to cry those tears together, and put our arms around each other's shoulders, and turn to face the next day together.

I guess you could call that an unknown agenda. Since I'm a Minnesotan, I felt I should share it with you.

DR simply does not fit the witness description

Years ago when the late Delbert Huber was a suspect it was pointed out how similar he was to composite drawings (stocky build) , how he often used a gun and aggressive threatening language to neighbors , and had a deep raspy voice .... all the same things the two other boys described about the kidnapper

Whereas DR is a tall , slim , soft spoken music teacher who speaks with a lisp. There is no comparison

Voice and sketches (of Delbert Huber) mentioned here http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/05/23/neighbors-discuss-father-son-wetterling-abduction/

I am not promoting Delbert Huber as a suspect .... but sure as heck do not think DR is involved

Speaking of guns .... did the 2 boys say if the kidnapper used a long rifle , or was it a pistol , and did DR even have a gun ..... I doubt it , a trombone maybe , not a gun.

Thanks

I happen to agree .... I think the circumstances point away from DR ...... no kidnapper would grab 3 boys at the end of his own driveway , let 2 of them leave as witnesses , and then leave the 3 bicycles in the ditch in front of his house.

DR has innocence written all over him , as a matter of fact he has a "soft" personality and showed fear when there were prowlers in his yard that night. That is why he called 911 .

Of course the prowlers turned out to be police responding to the kidnapping call , and that is the first time he was even aware there had been a kidnapping.

I happen to agree .... I think the circumstances point away from DR ...... no kidnapper would grab 3 boys at the end of his own driveway , let 2 of them leave as witnesses , and then leave the 3 bicycles in the ditch in front of his house.

DR has innocence written all over him , as a matter of fact he has a "soft" personality and showed fear when there were prowlers in his yard that night. That is why he called 911 .

Of course the prowlers turned out to be police responding to the kidnapping call , and that is the first time he was even aware there had been a kidnapping.

A lot of common sense in your post. Thank you.

Very compelling thoughts. Thank you for sharing. Clear or convict DR.

What gives Jacob's case so much interest that exceeds any other missing/abducted child case from that time period is that there is a "named" but not arrested suspect (technically a "POI"). Above and beyond the existence of a suspect there is an additional wrinkle: unlike most WS cases of this nature where much of the "conversation" involves discussion and comparison of the know facts and Evidence, in this case, none of us have knowledge of what, if any, Evidence actually exists that would implicate DR.

The "divide" in this thread is between those who only consider known facts (who generally conclude that DR is innocent and being unfairly implicated) and those who infer from Law Enforcements actions that some compelling Evidence must exist that is being held back and assume that DR is very possibly/probably guilty.

I became interested in this forum when I saw the possibility that the ongoing investigation could result in the prosecution of an innocent man. This has not happened. I continue to follow it in hopes that new information or new interpretation of known information might lead to closure of the status of DR as a suspect, and even better, to the prosecution of the actual perpetrator.

A lot of new information has come forth; particularly the Paynesville cases and the fact that there was a different trio of young boys who seem to have been stalked near Jacob's abduction site in the weeks before it happened. Joy Baker has a lot to do with bringing this information to light.

The critical information that is being withheld is a complete accounting of all tracks found on DR's driveway. It has been speculated that ALL vehicles that had recently used the roadway had been identified and excluded as that of the perpetrator once Kevin came forward. I am inclined to doubt it since Standard Investigative practice would have been to release this thereby casting a great deal more pressure on DR. I suspect they have very little except the unknown vehicle (possibly but not definitely Kevin's) and Jacobs footprints ending at those vehicle tracks. If this is the case it would suggest that they have nothing on DR and the original investigation my have been sloppy. It wouldn't surprise me it the assumption was so strong that those tracks were from the abduction vehicle that no other tracks were collected.

Sheriff Sanner admitted that the searches turned up nothing that could be considered evidence. Much has been made of some material or items being "held back for further testing". Five years ago, it would have been tempting to imagine a team of forensic techs working in an FBI lab to painstakingly identify some mystery DNA that work break the case wide open. Forget that, it is most likely something being held in case advances in forensics might justify further testing. No one should hold their breath.

Anything can happen but I'm guessing DR will retire and claim his pension and, one by one, everyone involved will die off and it will fade away from active memory.

What gives Jacob's case so much interest that exceeds any other missing/abducted child case from that time period is that there is a "named" but not arrested suspect (technically a "POI"). Above and beyond the existence of a suspect there is an additional wrinkle: unlike most WS cases of this nature where much of the "conversation" involves discussion and comparison of the know facts and Evidence, in this case, none of us have knowledge of what, if any, Evidence actually exists that would implicate DR.

The "divide" in this thread is between those who only consider known facts (who generally conclude that DR is innocent and being unfairly implicated) and those who infer from Law Enforcements actions that some compelling Evidence must exist that is being held back and assume that DR is very possibly/probably guilty.

I became interested in this forum when I saw the possibility that the ongoing investigation could result in the prosecution of an innocent man. This has not happened. I continue to follow it in hopes that new information or new interpretation of known information might lead to closure of the status of DR as a suspect, and even better, to the prosecution of the actual perpetrator.

A lot of new information has come forth; particularly the Paynesville cases and the fact that there was a different trio of young boys who seem to have been stalked near Jacob's abduction site in the weeks before it happened. Joy Baker has a lot to do with bringing this information to light.

The critical information that is being withheld is a complete accounting of all tracks found on DR's driveway. It has been speculated that ALL vehicles that had recently used the roadway had been identified and excluded as that of the perpetrator once Kevin came forward. I am inclined to doubt it since Standard Investigative practice would have been to release this thereby casting a great deal more pressure on DR. I suspect they have very little except the unknown vehicle (possibly but not definitely Kevin's) and Jacobs footprints ending at those vehicle tracks. If this is the case it would suggest that they have nothing on DR and the original investigation my have been sloppy. It wouldn't surprise me it the assumption was so strong that those tracks were from the abduction vehicle that no other tracks were collected.

Sheriff Sanner admitted that the searches turned up nothing that could be considered evidence. Much has been made of some material or items being "held back for further testing". Five years ago, it would have been tempting to imagine a team of forensic techs working in an FBI lab to painstakingly identify some mystery DNA that work break the case wide open. Forget that, it is most likely something being held in case advances in forensics might justify further testing. No one should hold their breath.

Anything can happen but I'm guessing DR will retire and claim his pension and, one by one, everyone involved will die off and it will fade away from active memory.

I think we all share the same frustrations with the lack of information released by LE on why DR is the only named POI. That being said it&#8217;s really hard for me to get past all the odd statements & actions he has done or didn&#8217;t do over the years&#8230;all of which has been discussed on here hundreds of times. I want DR to be innocent of this crime as much as anyone.. but after studying several missing persons cases and paying attention to LE&#8217;s actions on all of them I just don&#8217;t think he&#8217;s completely innocent. He might not have done the abduction but I wholeheartedly believe if he wasn&#8217;t responsible that he knows who is. That brings up many other questions.. one of which is why he would continue to keep the info to himself and keep covering for the person really responsible. The first thing I think of is covering for another close family member...and for all the people stuck on a vehicle being used it&#8217;s easy to say he or that family member could&#8217;ve used one as well.

DR simply does not fit the witness description

Years ago when the late Delbert Huber was a suspect it was pointed out how similar he was to composite drawings (stocky build) , how he often used a gun and aggressive threatening language to neighbors , and had a deep raspy voice .... all the same things the two other boys described about the kidnapper

Whereas DR is a tall , slim , soft spoken music teacher who speaks with a lisp. There is no comparison

Voice and sketches (of Delbert Huber) mentioned here http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/05/23/neighbors-discuss-father-son-wetterling-abduction/

I am not promoting Delbert Huber as a suspect .... but sure as heck do not think DR is involved

Speaking of guns .... did the 2 boys say if the kidnapper used a long rifle , or was it a pistol , and did DR even have a gun ..... I doubt it , a trombone maybe , not a gun.

Thanks

Thanks, and Welcome, Arnie M.

Just a couple points here, Del Huber wasn't as "stocky" back in 1989 as he was in later years. By the time we became familiar with him, after the Tim Larson incident, he was quite heavy and walked with a bad limp. But photos of him when he was younger show him to be much thinner. He did have a raspy voice, but it was Jared's abductor who was said to have a raspy voice. Trevor said that Jacob's abductor "sounded like he had a cold." So there could be some comparison.

The boys just said "a gun" but Merle described it on the 911 call as a pistol (after having talked with the boys to calm them down a bit). So that size seems more likely. It didn't necessarily have to be a real gun, it could have been a starter pistol or anything metal and shiny.

IMO, DR being named a POI doesn't necessarily mean he's a suspect. It means he knows something about the case he isn't revealing. Perhaps who did it, or why it was done. He's stated a couple times (and Joy also stated once on her blog) that there were things DR was not ready to reveal yet.

Figuring out why and when DR came out and said "somebody could have taken Jacob and buried him in our gravel pit" is something we need to work on. Did he say this for the first time to anyone before or after the dig was completed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123