Duane Allen Hart

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
DAH - Duane Allen Hart: Convicted pedophile who was looked at in Jacob's case. "A 42-year-old rural Belgrade, Minn., man was arrested and charged Wednesday with sexually abusing two boys, providing authorities with hope of a break in the Jacob Wetterling kidnapping case. Duane Allen Hart, a laborer and truck driver, was charged in Kandiyohi County District Court in Willmar with assaulting a 15-year-old boy and an 11-year-old boy in 1987, and the younger victim again in 1989. Hart matches the general description provided in sketches of suspects in the Wetterling case, according to FBI spokesman Byron Gigler, who said authorities received a tip about Hart several weeks ago from Paynesville residents. "They said this is someone we should take a look at," Gigler said. "In the course of the investigation, we uncovered evidence of the alleged sexual assaults." (More at link)
Archived article from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, 1990: http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/DAH1990PPress.jpg http://mn.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19960220_0003.mn.htm/qx

I have been trying to locate addresses where DAH lived prior to being incarcerated in 1990. No luck, I can't even find his DOB in any database.

A
I have been trying to locate addresses where DAH lived prior to being incarcerated in 1990. No luck, I can't even find his DOB in any database (though I found two siblings, and his parents). I have found his parent's info, mom lived in the St. Cloud area most of her life from what I can tell. She and DAH's father divorced in 1975, and father remarried soon after. DAH's father died in 1986, and his mother in 2004.

I find it interesting that his father died in 1986. If he's linked to any of the Paynesville attacks, Jared's abduction and attack, or Jacob's abduction - maybe the death set him off somehow? Or it could mean nothing, it's just something that stuck out to me.

Hart was living south of Belgrade, near Sibley Park, at the time of Jacob's abduction. I'm not sure how long he lived there prior to that. I've spoken to the woman he lived with, and she couldn't recall exactly but said it was a good while. Prior to that Hart lived near Lake Koronis, east of Paynesville. His foster parents lived in that area as well. I believe the foster parents home is gone now, but the house where Hart lived is still there. After Jacob was kidnapped, Hart became a suspect right away. The FBI camped out in a fishing shack on Lake Koronis, watching the houses.

That's an interesting point about his fathers death in 1986. That's why it's great to have fresh eyes looking at old information!! That could have been a catalyst for him to escalate his behavior.

As an aside, Hart acknowledged that he was a suspect in the yet unsolved bombing of the Post Office in Kimball, MN in 1976. Bomb making materials were confiscated from his residence by the FBI. (It's an interesting case to google, another long unsolved case in Stearns County)

One of Mossad's posts referred to The Silver Leaf Group and a new hotel construction planned where DAH's mother lived in the Tri-County Mobile Home Park in Waite Park, MN. He mentioned that the construction might disturb evidence, or possibly Jacob's body.

Can anyone confirm if DAH's mother lived in Waite Park in 1989? I can find proof of her living there in 1986, but nothing more than that.

Waite Park is so close to St. Joseph. It would give DAH a reason to be in the area if his mother was living there at the time. The distance between DAH's mother's home (if she was there in 1989) and DR's driveway just over 4 miles.

attachment.php

Hypothetically, what if DAH was on his way to, or from his mother's house. It is very likely he'd drive through St. Joseph. Maybe he did see Jacob, Trevor & Aaron at Tom Thumb as he was stopping for gas or maybe he was just cruising neighborhoods nearby.

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 548
One of Mossad's posts referred to The Silver Leaf Group and a new hotel construction planned where DAH's mother lived in the Tri-County Mobile Home Park in Waite Park, MN. He mentioned that the construction might disturb evidence, or possibly Jacob's body.

Can anyone confirm if DAH's mother lived in Waite Park in 1989? I can find proof of her living there in 1986, but nothing more than that.

Waite Park is so close to St. Joseph. It would give DAH a reason to be in the area if his mother was living there at the time. The distance between DAH's mother's home (if she was there in 1989) and DR's driveway just over 4 miles.

attachment.php

Hypothetically, what if DAH was on his way to, or from his mother's house. It is very likely he'd drive through St. Joseph. Maybe he did see Jacob, Trevor & Aaron at Tom Thumb as he was stopping for gas or maybe he was just cruising neighborhoods nearby.

Thank you for sharing this helpful post. The size 9 isn't cleared.

A

Hart was living south of Belgrade, near Sibley Park, at the time of Jacob's abduction. I'm not sure how long he lived there prior to that. I've spoken to the woman he lived with, and she couldn't recall exactly but said it was a good while. Prior to that Hart lived near Lake Koronis, east of Paynesville. His foster parents lived in that area as well. I believe the foster parents home is gone now, but the house where Hart lived is still there. After Jacob was kidnapped, Hart became a suspect right away. The FBI camped out in a fishing shack on Lake Koronis, watching the houses.

That's an interesting point about his fathers death in 1986. That's why it's great to have fresh eyes looking at old information!! That could have been a catalyst for him to escalate his behavior.

As an aside, Hart acknowledged that he was a suspect in the yet unsolved bombing of the Post Office in Kimball, MN in 1976. Bomb making materials were confiscated from his residence by the FBI. (It's an interesting case to google, another long unsolved case in Stearns County)

The information that Jennifermn posted about DAH's parents and siblings is not correct, which is why she snipped it. There was another Marie E. Hart living in the area. You might want to snip it from your post as well to avoid confusion.

DAH only had 1 sibling according to his mother's obituary and no mention of a father. I've wondered what caused him to become such a troubled person at such a young age. Did his father leave him and his mother give him up to foster care? Was he maybe abused by his father. This is just pure speculation by me.

The information that Jennifermn posted about DAH's parents and siblings is not correct, which is why she snipped it. There was another Marie E. Hart living in the area. You might want to snip it from your post as well to avoid confusion.

DAH only had 1 sibling according to his mother's obituary and no mention of a father. I've wondered what caused him to become such a troubled person at such a young age. Did his father leave him and his mother give him up to foster care? Was he maybe abused by his father. This is just pure speculation by me.

Yep, tried to do that but the time limit had expired.

I think Hart did have a brother that died in infancy, not that it matters though. I wonder which Marie Hart lived in Waite Park?

Yep, tried to do that but the time limit had expired.

I think Hart did have a brother that died in infancy, not that it matters though. I wonder which Marie Hart lived in Waite Park?

DAH's mother is the one that lived in the Tri-County trailer park in Waite Park in 1986 according to the U.S. Public Records index on Ancestry.com (It lists her birth-date). She lived in Paynesville in 1993 according to the index.

I am sure DAH has been looked at extensively by WS, and LE.

However, for me, is the suspect #1.

He lived in the area at times in his life, his mother lived about 4 miles from the abduction site, he has been labeled as "sexual psychopathic personality and as a sexually dangerous person", he has a history of sexually abusing boys in Jacob's age range, and last but not least Jared hinted that DAH is the perp in his case.

If you link the Paynesville, Cold Spring and St. Joseph cases together, it's like the perp just kept jumping a town or two up the map, and escalating his attacks over the years. In Paynesville the attacks were weaker than in Jared's case. By January 1989 when Jared was abducted, and sexually assaulted his perp used a gun, and threatened to use if Jared looked back after he let him go.

Most pedophiles from what I have read, are the grooming types, and usually know their victims. So two cases, ten months apart, a stranger abducts two boys similar in age, uses a gun - to me that's the same M.O. and these types of abductions are more rare. Sure, there may have been numerous pedophiles in the area in the 1980's - but how many willing to grab a kid off the street using a gun?

I know that in DAH's case, he did groom and know some of his victims, but to me that doesn't rule him out. Perhaps he was escalating his attacks. He had been doing this for decades. I'd like to find out when he last lived in Paynesville. Perhaps he went further away to Cold Spring, and St. Joseph because he planned to escalate his attacks.

I am sure DAH has been looked at extensively by WS, and LE.

However, for me, is the suspect #1.

He lived in the area at times in his life, his mother lived about 4 miles from the abduction site, he has been labeled as "sexual psychopathic personality and as a sexually dangerous person", he has a history of sexually abusing boys in Jacob's age range, and last but not least Jared hinted that DAH is the perp in his case.

If you link the Paynesville, Cold Spring and St. Joseph cases together, it's like the perp just kept jumping a town or two up the map, and escalating his attacks over the years. In Paynesville the attacks were weaker than in Jared's case. By January 1989 when Jared was abducted, and sexually assaulted his perp used a gun, and threatened to use if Jared looked back after he let him go.

Most pedophiles from what I have read, are the grooming types, and usually know their victims. So two cases, ten months apart, a stranger abducts two boys similar in age, uses a gun - to me that's the same M.O. and these types of abductions are more rare. Sure, there may have been numerous pedophiles in the area in the 1980's - but how many willing to grab a kid off the street using a gun?

I know that in DAH's case, he did groom and know some of his victims, but to me that doesn't rule him out. Perhaps he was escalating his attacks. He had been doing this for decades. I'd like to find out when he last lived in Paynesville. Perhaps he went further away to Cold Spring, and St. Joseph because he planned to escalate his attacks.

Try to tie him more into it. What kind of vehicles did they own? Did his mother have a handgun registered in her name? Locate whats known and possibly documented in their history.

Try to tie him more into it. What kind of vehicles did they own? Did his mother have a handgun registered in her name? Locate whats known and possibly documented in their history.
Any suggestions on where to find this type of data?

Yesterday, I spent a good chunk of my work day :eek: trying to find out where DAH lived in the 80's - no luck. Then I thought I'd research his family. Man, there is hardly any data out there that I can find even after paying for reports. Finding his mother, and linking her to the Tri-County Mobile Park is the furthest I was able to get.

I feel like I'm at a dead end here. Any helpful tips would be appreciated. :)

Does anyone know how addresses work in trailer parks? Are the trailer/house numbers tied to the lot that the trailer sits on? I wonder if they would be the same today as they were in 1986.

DAH's mother is the one that lived in the Tri-County trailer park in Waite Park in 1986 according to the U.S. Public Records index on Ancestry.com (It lists her birth-date). She lived in Paynesville in 1993 according to the index.

Does it say if she lived in Waite Park in 1989?

Who has insight or can think of a previously missed connection with some of the cars possibly related to this case?
(from ELOC's book mostly)

• Blue “older, 4 door” attempted abduction in Paynesville
  • Red “station wagon” probably attempted abduction in Owatonna, MN
  • Dark Blue “newer, 4 door” Cold Spring, Jared’s abduction, mid sized, blue interior, possible police scanner in car
  • Light Tan “van, 1970s, rusty” Kraemer Lake attempted abduction number 1
  • Light Tan “van, 1970s, rusty” 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party witness sees van around St Joseph
  • Light Tan “van, 1970s, rusty” 2 weeks later, still Kraemer Lake, attempt number 2
  • Liight color “van” 7 miles from Kraemer Lake, seen stalking children playing
  • Burgundy “1976 Catalina” Seen three times on the street where Jacob was abducted
  • Red “small car” seen about 4 blocks from abduction site, jacked up
  • Dark Brown “1970s station wagon” Seen in St Jo 1 wk prior to Jacob’s abduction “Catch me if you Can’ sticker

Any idea what DAH drove? With all the boys that testified against him, there must be a record of his vehicle(s).

With this new information that could possibly give Dah a foundation to be a couple miles from the abduction in 89, let us not forget that he has also had ties to the abbey. Which puts the abduction smack dab inbetween those places. We've found Jareds abductor, the greatest link ever found.

Someone needs to talk to DAHs alibi the night Jacob went missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea what DAH drove? With all the boys that testified against him, there must be a record of his vehicle(s).

The woman who owned the house where he lived said he had a car and the FBI came and looked at it. He was said to have access to other cars though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back