Alternate (Non-POI) Theories

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
In this thread, you can discuss your theories unrelated to the POI.

First time poster but I have been lurking for over a year and have read every post from the beginning. I have known MF for years. I was a member of the Youth group he was a leader for in St. Joe for 3 or 4 years. Our group would go to CYC (catholic youth camp) before camp started to clean and help setup camp and then go camping for a night or two. I dropped out of the group after being confirmed and didn't have any contact with MF for a while. I later heard that MF was arrested and jailed for "sex crimes". Years passed and I decided to get back in touch with him to see how he was doing, we never talked about what he did. At that time he was working for the Red Cross (IT I think). He was also doing a lot of "extra" work (the kind for commercials and background actors in movies) and he had started a small company on the side that helped recruit others for those gigs. I signed up and he helped find me some commercials, TV shows and voice overs. We occasionally ate lunch together and went to a play with a group once. When I heard about his latest charge I ended all contact with him and haven't and won't be in touch again.

MF has had a license from the FCC since 2002 for radios (maybe longer but I don't know how to search for that). I also seem to recall that on one of our camp outs we used a radio to make a call back home (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopatch).

MF had an old police car when I was in the youth group. I believe he was an EMT though the National Registry comes up blank.

I know he has been "cleared" but I have not seen what his alibi is (or when he first came up with is alibi and why).

777 I know this was recently brought up and I haven't come up with a complete theory.....

What if while dropping of the boy he was with for the weekend in Kiwi court his scanner or ham radio picked up the call from Jacob to his parents? What if by this time MF all ready had "friends" in his circle that all liked to molest children. What if he auto patched one of them to tell them that the boys where going to Tom Thumb? What if he quickly raced to Tom Thumb to be a lookout for his friend? What if "Kevin" bumped into this "medical cop" when he went to Tom Thumb? What if he has an alibi to committing the crime but he helped in some way?

Just some thoughts.

Thank you for this thread Bessie. It is appreciated. My thoughts go to Kevin having seen someone and waiting many years before stepping forward with his "story" . I think this perp he saw has slipped under the radar and is long gone.

Is Matthew Feeney currently at Moose Lake, or is this info inaccurate?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 7.46.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 7.46.45 PM.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 955
Wow Jennifer! You are a researcher par excellence!

If he is at Moose Lake, he is civilly commited. There should be info on that

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.24.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.24.43 PM.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 393
Welcome Mickelham! Thanks for posting your information! Great post! I too believe that there was a group of predators who communicated by some CB or ham radio. Many people in the area used these for communicating at the time of the abduction. St John's had it's own frequency. Let me see if I can find my past information.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. … They're sending people that have lots of problems. And they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." Donald Trump

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/10/8927825/daily-show-donald-trump-mexicans

What are the chances we are dealing with an undocumented illegal alien? Was race ever determined in this case?

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. … They're sending people that have lots of problems. And they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." Donald Trump

What are the chances we are dealing with an undocumented illegal alien? Was race ever determined in this case?

I think your area has plenty of homegrown people with issues. People who know the area. People who know the area in the pitch black.

And, why would a Mexican (quoting Trump) take JW? If your suggestion is an international ring, I would suspect other operatives.

And, why would a Mexican (quoting Trump) take JW? If your suggestion is an international ring, I would suspect other operatives.

I don't know why a Mexican would take JW. I don't know who took JW or if a race has definitely been determined yet.

I may have posted it somewhere but where? Patty has great disdain fir psychics. She says they victimize people again. Really bad paraphrase.

I will see if I can find it

Patsy Wetterling sounds like a thoroughly sensible woman. I'm not sure I could even stay sane in her situation, she must be a very strong person.

A poster in one of the now closed threads mentioned Kenneth Parnell as a suspect. Although I can't think of any constructive way to follow that theory up, I think its likely enough to record in here anyway. I certainly don't believe that a man of Parnell's type didn't re-offend at all between 1985 when he was released from prison, and 2003 when he was re-arrested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Parnell

Patsy Wetterling sounds like a thoroughly sensible woman. I'm not sure I could even stay sane in her situation, she must be a very strong person.

A poster in one of the now closed threads mentioned Kenneth Parnell as a suspect. Although I can't think of any constructive way to follow that theory up, I think its likely enough to record in here anyway. I certainly don't believe that a man of Parnell's type didn't re-offend at all between 1985 when he was released from prison, and 2003 when he was re-arrested.

He seemed to like younger ones. To me, he would pick Trevor

He seemed to like younger ones. To me, he would pick Trevor

Good point, but I doubt it was Parnell doing the picking. His modus opperandi was to get an accomplice to do the actual kidnap while he waited behind the wheel of his car. If Parnell was the culprit, he wouldn't have been the person who accosted the three children in the lane and asked them their ages, that would have been someone who was acting under Parnell's instructions. Maybe those instructions were vague, ie just grab one of those three, or maybe the accomplice messed up, (Parnell's accomplices usually weren't too bright).

First time poster but I have been lurking for over a year and have read every post from the beginning. I have known MF for years.....

Wow!

You are a very valuable person to participate in this !!

Even if this idea of multiple threads accomplishes nothing else, having you come forward is a real asset to Websleuths.

First time poster but I have been lurking for over a year and have read every post from the beginning. I have known MF for years. I was a member of the Youth group he was a leader for in St. Joe for 3 or 4 years. Our group would go to CYC (catholic youth camp) before camp started to clean and help setup camp and then go camping for a night or two. I dropped out of the group after being confirmed and didn't have any contact with MF for a while. I later heard that MF was arrested and jailed for "sex crimes". Years passed and I decided to get back in touch with him to see how he was doing, we never talked about what he did.

Mickleham, again, you are a fresh and valuable presence here, thanks!

1. In retrospect, do you recall MF grooming any of the boys, or do you feel you were all groomed to some extent? Or is it more accurate to say that even after everything that's happened you really can't recall anything untoward about his behavior?

2. I have reached out to people in trouble with the law before, in part because I feel its our heritage as Americans to stick up for the essential presumption of innocence until proven guilty; and also in part because it's incumbent in my beliefs to defend the weak and offer a hand to those in serious trouble, even if the trouble is their own fault (call that my spiritual side if you like). So, with my self-righteous introduction in place I would like to ask why you re-established contact with MF after he was a known sex offender?

At that time he was working for the Red Cross (IT I think). He was also doing a lot of "extra" work (the kind for commercials and background actors in movies) and he had started a small company on the side that helped recruit others for those gigs. I signed up and he helped find me some commercials, TV shows and voice overs. We occasionally ate lunch together and went to a play with a group once. When I heard about his latest charge I ended all contact with him and haven't and won't be in touch again.

Fascinating stuff. Really. Thanks again.

Do you see MF's talent-scout-type work as a vehicle to satiate a sexual need or is that going too far?

Did MF have business partners that you noticed? Regular friends that you knew? Or anyone who repeatedly seemed to be hanging around?

777 I know this was recently brought up and I haven't come up with a complete theory.....

What if while dropping of the boy he was with for the weekend in Kiwi court his scanner or ham radio picked up the call from Jacob to his parents? What if by this time MF all ready had "friends" in his circle that all liked to molest children. What if he auto patched one of them to tell them that the boys where going to Tom Thumb? What if he quickly raced to Tom Thumb to be a lookout for his friend? What if "Kevin" bumped into this "medical cop" when he went to Tom Thumb? What if he has an alibi to committing the crime but he helped in some way?

I don't know how anyone could hear that MF was on Jacob's very tiny, obscure and hidden street that night and not immediately assume involvement in this case. Let me share a crude analogy a cop-friend of mine once gave me: if there is one dog in the room and some missing dog food in the room, what is the easiest and obvious explanation?

So I agree with your hypothetical as a potential explanation here. We've had this come up recently from someone else on WS that it may have been technically possible to overhear the conversation. I hope we can explore this further.

Just some thoughts.

Along with MF's interest in radios, Jared's abductor had some kind of non-standard radio in his car. Of course scanners and the like keep re-appearing in this case....

...Kevin is of course a police-radio enthusiast. Or so we're told. The 'medical cop' that Kevin sees at Tom Thumb is probably the icing on the cake in my opinion that Kevin's story qualifies as the most outrageous set of known "facts" in this case. Let me pose two alternatives:

a. Kevin is entirely telling the truth. MF fits the bill almost perfectly as the 'medical cop'.
b. Kevin is in some way cooperating with the police and the story made public is not so much the 100% truth as it is an investigative initiative from the police. What in the world would they float this 'medical cop' story for???

....to pressure MF?
....to pressure another suspect not known to the public?
....as some kind of diversionary tactic to keep things mixed up or to comfort the real abductor into believing MF is the main suspect?
....????

Not just parnell either, he knew guys that would do the work for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back