FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 *ARRESTS* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateB

Reaction score
Mystery as doctor is killed in her Florida home while her husband and children were out of town
June 30, 2015

2A1EBF8900000578-3145106-image-m-95_1435697380274.jpg

Missouri man to be charged with Sievers murder
Aug 27, 2015

We have confirmed Jimmy Rodgers was arrested in Missouri on a federal probation violation.

'Hammer'

Some who knew him in Missouri say Rodgers claimed to be a hit man.

Second Missouri man arrested in Sievers murder
Aug 27, 2015

Two Missouri men have been arrested and charged with the murder of Bonita Springs doctor, Teresa Sievers.

Jimmy Rodgers and Curtis Wayne Wright were taken into custody and have been charged for Sievers murder, according to Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott. Wright has been charged with second-degree murder.

~~~

Rodgers lived at a home 1,200 miles from Bonita Springs in the small town of Cadet, Missouri. Neighbors say Rodgers was well known.

When we visited the home, Rodger’s girlfriend’s family explained how they learned about the horrific murder. They say he confessed to the killings earlier this week, and even pointed her to where he hid the evidence.

"Evidently quite a bit of evidence. He brought it all here and threw it away and told Taylor where it was. I think they found the bloody jumpsuit he wore," said Cathy Gaston, a family member.

His girlfriend then told investigators when they moved in for an arrest.

Rules, Etiquette & Information

Media Thread (includes FL murder statute links)

Link to Skinner's Q & A Thread (Verified Friend of Mark Sievers)

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

I do not find holding trash bags outside of a car bizarre behavior at all. Trash can be smelly and messy and maybe MS is just considerate of his passengers or worried about getting leaking trash in a borrowed car or something.

I watched the NBC clip closely and also didn't necessarily see anger in his manner. Stress, for sure. But who really knows what is in anyone else's heart? I for one would have no idea of the proper way to present myself in his situation, having lost a spouse in this truly horrific manner. The classic 'stages' of grieving are useful to guide those experiencing loss, but I (and others) question their applicability to every situation. We all grieve in our own way, and one individual's public grief may be very different from their private grief. I have no idea who else may be involved in the violent murder of TS, but MS does not strike me -- from this clip at least -- as an impulsive person. If a reporter was dogging me and shoving a microphone into my face as I took out the trash in this circumstance, I am not sure I would have spared words or actions as reservedly.

JMO

Murdered Bonita doctor's husband: "No comment"
Posted: Sep 02, 2015 4:55 PM CST Updated: Sep 02, 2015 6:33 PM CST

NBC2 has tried reaching Mark Sievers for nearly a week now. Since the news of two arrests in the murder case, Mark's cell phone has been shut off. It's also the same phone his wife's former patients are directed to call. It was just about a week ago that Mark's best friend, Curtis Wayne Wright, and another man, Jimmy Rodgers, were arrested and charged with second-degree murder.
Both live in Mark's home state of Missouri.

video at link.

NBC-2's dedicated section on Teresa's murder: The Murder of Teresa Sievers

<modsnip>

When watching the video on fullscreen, it is obvious the the white bags had papers in them along with whatever. I do believe that may be Teresa's white stethoscope around Mark's neck. Even though, Trent Kelly, the reporter, did not say it, I am sure a certain chill ran down his spine when MS stared at him for asking the obvious question.

So is the white Mercedes that MS was driving, the white car that we've seen in pics that was in the garage of the Sievers' home? Ya know, Teresa's car?

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29946319/murdered-bonita-doctors-husband-no-comment#.Veeo4PlViko

<modsnip> TS resigned from the board of directors at Our Mother's Home earlier this year, in May, iirc. This resignation could have freed up some time she needed to play with her little girls and the water hose.

FOSTER WITH GUIDANCE
Dr. Teresa & Mark Sievers

http://ourmothershome.com/website/big-heart-society/big-heart-society-members/

Former Board President 2011-2014

http://ourmothershome.com/website/about-omh/board-of-directors/ [with video]

It could be a combination of the two illegal activities or somewhere in between.

Back to reading....

<modsnip>

When watching the video on fullscreen, it is obvious the the white bags had papers in them along with whatever. I do believe that may be Teresa's white stethoscope around Mark's neck. Even though, Trent Kelly, the reporter, did not say it, I am sure a certain chill ran down his spine when MS stared at him for asking the obvious question.

So is the white Mercedes that MS was driving, the white car that we've seen in pics that was in the garage of the Sievers' home? Ya know, Teresa's car?

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29946319/murdered-bonita-doctors-husband-no-comment#.Veeo4PlViko

<modsnip> TS resigned from the board of directors at Our Mother's Home earlier this year, in May, iirc. This resignation could have freed up some time she needed to play with her little girls and the water hose.

FOSTER WITH GUIDANCE
Dr. Teresa & Mark Sievers

http://ourmothershome.com/website/big-heart-society/big-heart-society-members/

Former Board President 2011-2014

http://ourmothershome.com/website/about-omh/board-of-directors/ [with video]

It could be a combination of the two illegal activities or somewhere in between.

Back to reading....

I agree. When MS got in the car, forgot the bags, and opened the door to grab them, Trent backed up. I think Trent was afraid of what MS was going to do.

Sheriff is starting to talk again..Think he will be making another arrest any day now.jmo

I can't read anything into MS's body language in that film clip. He was ambushed by the reporter. At this point, silence is best. JMO

Watch his face and stare when reporter asks him dead on did you kill your wife? That look emulated that split second silent pause before a man throws a punch (if your lucky it's just a punch) .. Stress stare versuses death stare IMO absolute death stare

If MS is not involved, it is strange (as others have pointed out), that he does not seem to have any concerns about becoming the next victim. He seems more concerned about continuing the practice (and keeping the office tidy, apparently). If I were the possible target of a meth ring, I wouldn't be hanging around doing custodial work in public.

Something I just find weird - he gave his own number to patients, instead of getting a new phone just for patients or simply using the office phone (can't it take messages either?). I'd think he would have known his phone would be overwhelmed by media calls, especially since the arrests. At least a separate number could have a message explaining that it is for patients only, and warn media he won't reply and they would be irresponsible to fill it up and keep patients from getting through.

IMO, he seems enraged, and I believe it is because he could not control TS, and most of his identity was wrapped up in being her husband and business partner. I think, somehow, that was threatened, and he couldn't accept it.

I think pursuing the location of those two precious girls is carrying the reporting too far..I don't blame the older man (father of MS stepmother) for being angry with the questions about the children! They need to be left alone...It is a terrible time for them and don't need the harassment...Sometimes reporters can be like vultures!

I can't read anything into MS's body language in that film clip. He was ambushed by the reporter. At this point, silence is best. JMO

I think that MS might have been caught by surprise, not ambushed. To me "ambushed" is too strong of a word, reminds me of the Vietnam War. I would agree with you that at this point, silence is golden. MOO

Ambushed to me is popping out of bushes surprise tactics not watching the news and peeking out your window knowing a waiting reporter is parked out front for hours In a big NBC van.. For public pleasure at least write a note hand it to reporter and graciously thank lcso for catching his wife's murderers (innocent or guilty especially innocent) at least thank the F'n cops for catching the bad guys who brutally murdered your wife and you can now lay your children safe to sleep!! And drive away like an idiot.. Atleast portray like you care.. This is Reason number ... I lost count on my reasons why I think he is guilty!! My goodness teresa in her faith of God would be on her knees thanking the sheriff if the shoe was on the other foot

Ambushed to me is popping out of bushes surprise tactics not watching the news and peeking out your window knowing a waiting reporter is parked out front for hours In a big NBC van.. For public pleasure at least write a note hand it to reporter and graciously thank lcso for catching his wife's murderers (innocent or guilty especially innocent) at least thank the F'n cops for catching the bad guys who brutally murdered your wife and you can now lay your children safe to sleep!! And drive away like an idiot.. Atleast portray like you care.. This is Reason number ... I lost count on my reasons why I think he is guilty!! My goodness teresa in her faith of God would be on her knees thanking the sheriff if the shoe was on the other foot

Excellent points!

The more I read about the amazing Dr. Teresa Sievers, the more angry I become that someone felt they had the right to end such a beautiful life when her work on earth was not done.

Arrests made in Ansonia native’s slaying
By Jim Shay Updated 12:29 am, Wednesday, September 2, 2015

"Born in Derby and raised in Ansonia, Sievers was the 1986 class valedictorian of Ansonia High School. She graduated from Fairfield University in 1990 with a master’s of science degree in biology. She had been a resident of Bonita Springs since 2006.

Sievers graduated with honors from Ross University School of Medicine. She completed her residency at the University of Florida in Jacksonville, where she was awarded resident of the year."

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Arrests-made-in-Ansonia-native-s-slaying-6478031.php

Dr. Sievers did have a practice in St Pete, although I'm not certain of the time frame. MSs sister also had an acupuncture practice in St Pete. [Thank you, NIN] Skinner mentioned her death but she died following a lengthy illness.

I think that MS might have been caught by surprise, not ambushed. To me "ambushed" is too strong of a word, reminds me of the Vietnam War. I would agree with you that at this point, silence is golden. MOO

Agreed. I could have picked a better word than "ambushed." I was trying to convey the sense I got that he was not expecting such "in your face" questions at that moment. Really, who knows what he's thinking. I'm not sure whether I see anger or extreme stress or both. If he is innocent, and has been told to be silent, I can understand his very tense reaction. And if he's guilty, it makes sense too. I just can't read it.

I do not find holding trash bags outside of a car bizarre behavior at all. Trash can be smelly and messy and maybe MS is just considerate of his passengers or worried about getting leaking trash in a borrowed car or something.

I watched the NBC clip closely and also didn't necessarily see anger in his manner. Stress, for sure. But who really knows what is in anyone else's heart? I for one would have no idea of the proper way to present myself in his situation, having lost a spouse in this truly horrific manner. The classic 'stages' of grieving are useful to guide those experiencing loss, but I (and others) question their applicability to every situation. We all grieve in our own way, and one individual's public grief may be very different from their private grief. I have no idea who else may be involved in the violent murder of TS, but MS does not strike me -- from this clip at least -- as an impulsive person. If a reporter was dogging me and shoving a microphone into my face as I took out the trash in this circumstance, I am not sure I would have spared words or actions as reservedly.

JMO

I think the anger came when the reporter asked him if he had anything to do with his wifes death.
Id be angry myself and it explains why he would remain silent.
I would too!

If MS is not involved, it is strange (as others have pointed out), that he does not seem to have any concerns about becoming the next victim. He seems more concerned about continuing the practice (and keeping the office tidy, apparently). If I were the possible target of a meth ring, I wouldn't be hanging around doing custodial work in public.

Something I just find weird - he gave his own number to patients, instead of getting a new phone just for patients or simply using the office phone (can't it take messages either?). I'd think he would have known his phone would be overwhelmed by media calls, especially since the arrests. At least a separate number could have a message explaining that it is for patients only, and warn media he won't reply and they would be irresponsible to fill it up and keep patients from getting through.

IMO, he seems enraged, and I believe it is because he could not control TS, and most of his identity was wrapped up in being her husband and business partner. I think, somehow, that was threatened, and he couldn't accept it.

I don't think it was trash in the bags! Not the ones he placed in the car.
I think the ones he left hang outside the car went into the dumpster (those were trash) IMO

What if this crime was not supposed to go the way it did.
IMO if this guy was hired to kill TS there was really not much thought put into it.
I think CWW would have been a little more careful so this would not all come back to bite him in the butt. All roads led back to them. and it seems quickly!

I don't think they would have been taking pictures together and hanging out together.
The guy spoke to his boss and told him he was in Fla.
He went into Walmart!

Something does not fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members