IN IN - Alexandra Anaya, 13, Hammond, 13 Aug 2005

Police said yesterday that they were questioning someone in connection with the death of the girl, whose headless torso was found wrapped in a chain and weighted down in the river

Poor girl! I don't even see another thread or Amber alert for her from when she disappeared.

How horrible...I guess the killer didn't think she could be identified but he forgot about DNA. I hope they have the creep that did such a horrific thing to this young girl. Her poor family. I'm glad she was found though so that they don't have to wonder for years to come. I wish this horror would just stop.

It's too bad he wasn't arrested for any of the two dozen times police were called before this happened. I'm glad he has been put behind bars now.

Oh my gosh!! This story just makes my stomach ill and my heart sick. How horrible! I don't even have words -- but my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this beautiful child.

The mom's ex boyfriend kills mom's 13 yro daughter.

Scum

Wow, I just read the story and I am floored and it takes a lot to floor me. Sick sick man, I hope he is stalked like that in prison by big men named Bubba. :mad:

To me it sounds like the guy decided not to kill the mother but to murder her daughter instead...revenge for leaving him. I can't think of anything that hurts a mother more then to lose her child in such a horrible way.

This poor little girl didn't have much of a life did she? Molested by that pervert for 6 of her 13 years...all of that fighting going on in the home. It comforts me just knowing that she will never be molested or hurt again because I believe that she is in heaven running barefoot through fields thick with beautiful wild flowers with the breeze in her hair and the sun in her face.

From 2009:

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_8fb5eefc-b6fd-59c9-a24d-769941cdaaff.html

"I still hold out hope that they will find the rest of her and someone will pay for her murder," Anaya said...

Suspects in the killing still include "everyone," said Chicago Police Department Homicide Detective Sylvia Van Witzenburg. Van Witzenburg would be happy to hear from Alex Anaya's neighbors and schoolmates, she said. Police still could use "any little bit of information."

Just after Anaya's death, Sandra Anaya's former boyfriend, Rudolfo Heredia, then of Riverdale, stood trial in federal court on charges he stalked the Anayas. He was acquitted.

ugh so he got away with it?

Sure sounds like it. Found a more recent update from 2012:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/19895597/female-remains-found-in-calumet-heights

The discovery of the skull has investigators searching to see if it might be connected to an unsolved murder dating back seven years, involving an Indiana teenager.

The Chicago police marine unit, officers from Riverdale, and Illinois state police were searching the Little Calumet River near 132nd and Indiana for more remains. Fishermen saw a skull around 1 p.m. along the shore and investigators later found another bone, which a source says may be from a human arm.

The remains were taken to the Cook County medical examiner's office, but sources say investigators believe the discovery may be connected to the 2005 disappearance of 13-year-old Alexandra Anaya. The Hammond, Indiana teen vanished in August and her torso was found a few days later floating in the river. It had been weighted down with chains with her arms and legs cut off.

The FBI announced today that it's taking a fresh look at the case.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...old-case-presser-met-0901-20160831-story.html

Authorities offered little information at a news conference Wednesday but did show a photo of a gold religious necklace Alex was wearing when she was last seen.

"We're asking for the public's assistance in bringing the individual responsible for this crime to justice, giving Alex and her family peace of mind and closure," lead FBI Special Agent Courtney Corbett told reporters at the agency's Near West Side headquarters.

Saw that--did you see any description of the religious necklace? So, would you conclude that they still don't have anything solid enough on the mother's former boyfriend? He was apparently tried for stalking them, then acquitted. Or, they are still considering him but need more evidence for murder.

Chicago Cold Case: Seeking justice for a murdered teenage girl
We believe this was not a random act of violence and that Alex knew her assailant,” said FBI Chicago Special Agent in Charge Michael J. Anderson during a press conference today in Chicago. “It has been more than a decade since Alex was murdered, and during that time people and relationships have changed. We are hopeful that someone will come forward now,” he added.

(...)

Anyone with information regarding the murder of Alex Anaya—no matter how insignificant they think it might be—is asked to contact the FBI’s Chicago Field Office at (312) 421-6700 or submit a tip online.

FBI doubles reward for info in Hammond teen's 2005 murder

HAMMOND, Ind. (WLS) -- It's been 18 years since a 13-year-old Hammond girl went missing from her home during the night, and the FBI has just doubled the reward for information about her murder.

"I'm never going to have her back to see her again, to tell her I'm sorry or that I love her," said Sandra Anaya.

In the summer of 2005 Anaya's daughter Alexandra went missing from her home during the night. Three days later her torso was found in the Little Calumet River.

Thursday, the FBI doubled the reward for information in the case to $20,000.

"I'm sure some people were scared, but time has passed. Maybe this will encourage them to come forward even more now," Anaya said.

"It's a devastating situation for any parents to face, and to not have resolution for 18 years, it's unacceptable," said FBI Special Agent Siobhan Johnson.

Johnson said information can be given anonymously.

"It's been an entire lifetime. This can be the moment that someone can give a tip to change the family's lives," she said

After 18 years of effort, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has still not found many answers regarding the 2005 murder of a Hoosier teenager. Now, they are doubling the reward for information that could solve this crime.

The national organization is now offering $20,000 for information about Alexandra Anaya.

Anaya was just 13 years old when she went missing from her Hammond home in 2005. Days later, only her torso was found in the Little Calumet River; to this day, the rest of her remains have not been located.

The girl’s family is still hoping for justice. If you know anything about this, please call the FBI to report a tip, or do so online at www.tips.FBI.gov.

rbbm
''Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown Height: 5'1" Weight: 125 pounds Sex: Female Race: White (Hispanic) REWARD The FBI is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance and death of Alexandra (Alex) Anaya. DETAILS The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is seeking information from the public regarding the unsolved murder of 13-year-old Alexandra (Alex) Anaya. On August 13, 2005, Alex was reported missing from her Hammond, Indiana residence in the early morning hours. Three days later, Alex's torso was recovered floating in the Little Calumet River. Alex was wearing a gold chain with a round, religious medallion. If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.''
1685534072016.png
1685534034570.png

Seems the feds were hoping that, through the stalking trial, they would build a parallel case for murder but they failed to even make the stalking case. In circumstances like that it's logical not to proceed with a murder trial until you've taken the time to accumulate better evidence since you only get one shot at it due to double jeopardy.

In my opinion, means plus motive plus opportunity are pretty incriminating and it makes me pretty mad to think about somebody, probably the person we most suspect, sitting there happily getting away with a heinous murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back