UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Macin Smith
macinFInew.jpg

Police in St. George seek help locating missing teenager
"ST. GEORGE, Utah – Police in St. George are asking for the public’s help in locating a teenager who was last seen Tuesday.

Macin Smith, 17, was last seen in the Little Valley area of St. George on the morning of September 1. Macin’s sister, Rayclen Hansen, said their mother woke him up for school around 7:30 a.m., he left but never made it to school. Macin is a senior at Desert Hills High School.

“It’s hard because the mind just wanders. It thinks terrible things,” Hansen said. “And you’re just trying to think, no it’s not possible. We’re just hoping for the best.”

http://fox13now.com/2015/09/04/police-in-st-george-seek-help-locating-missing-teenager/
https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/09/04/rsw-missing-macin-smith/#.VesRD4Hn_qA

"Here's the photo on his learner's permit that may be more helpful. It's a July 2015 photo . Sorry it's not color. It's what I have. Macin Smith ! Come home to your Momma and your family. Our hearts are broken." TBS
“We’re not sure if he got on the bus for school or not,” Tracey Smith said, adding that she had received mixed reports on that. “One schoolmate said he saw him Tuesday morning get on the bus, and then he said that maybe it was Monday, so I don’t know if he made it Tuesday to school, or what is going on.”

“He left his house, and has not returned,” St. George Police Sgt. Sam Despain said. “We can’t confirm if he ran away and the circumstances are under investigation.” These quotes came from: Sub Zero Southern Utah

All these can be found from Facebook.
*not sure the image worked.

Attachments

• Macin.jpg
    Macin.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 954
There was just a post deleted almost as quickly as it was posted on the find page suggesting he might be facing a crisis of faith and sexuality.

I hope he is safe wherever he is and if he is gone by choice I hope he checks in with a loved one soon. Its obvious he has a lot of people who care about him!

He's 17 yrs old..............and 6' 4" tall and 200lbs, and no one on the school bus can say for sure if he was on it...American kids must be as zombified as the English ones on a school morning.

I wondered about a faith/family not approving of him crisis.
We've had a couple teenage boys kill themselves when a girlfriend got pregnant.
Yes. Seriously.

And of course we have a well established suicide rate for GLBT people here.
I always wonder about those two things when a teen boy vanishes here.

Macin has been added to NamUs.
https://findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/30220
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Macin
Middle name Darrin
Last name Smith
Nickname/Alias
NCMEC number 1254151
Date last seen September 01, 2015 07:00
Date entered 09/15/2015
Age last seen 17 to 17 years old
Age now 17 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Other
Sex Male
Height (inches) 72.0 to 76.0
Weight (pounds) 190.0 to 200.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample available - Not yet submitted
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

It almost seems as if he vanished into thin air. I often wonder how is it possible that people can go poof in an instant. I do hope he is found safe, & whatever is troubleling his soul is set free.

I see the electronic billboards every time I am driving. :seeya:

The interview with his mom is heartbreaking. A note... We love you no matter what... Teens have a way of over-thinking things sometimes. If they only could believe within their hearts that a parent can love unconditionally. I hope he is just clearing his head and comes home safely.

Macin has an incredibly brave Momma Bear in his corner.
Her willingness to be vulnerable and transparent is a beautiful and loving act.

I am very moved and touched.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back