Everyone - please keep a look out for Mousie. A little girl needs you!

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Time is running out for Mousie the mouse who, tied to two birthday balloons, was last seen soaring helplessly over the Berkeley hills toward points east.

Mousie has been gone for a week now. Mousie's owner, an 11-year-old girl who tied him to the balloons in the first place, is as distraught as an 11-year-old girl can be.

"It's a tragedy,'' said Caroline Nielsen. "I feel terrible. It should never have happened. Mousie is a member of the family.''

Mousie, it should be pointed out, is not a live mouse but a 3-inch-tall stuffed mouse. That does not make Mousie any less real to Caroline, who has treasured Mousie since the day nine years ago when her dad brought the toy home from a business trip.

Mousie has lived on a shelf above Caroline's bed ever since, in a suite of dollhouse beds, chairs, sofas and no fewer than four hand-knit mouse bed quilts that her mother, Mary Nielsen, crafted over the years for Mousie.

The tale began to turn gray last week. During a birthday party for her kid sister on Sept. 1, Caroline tied a pair of helium balloons to Mousie and began pushing her around the house, partly to give her rodent friend an aerial view of his lodgings and partly to find out how many balloons it takes to float a mouse.

But someone left her bedroom window open and, as Caroline watched in horror, a sudden gust carried the floating Mousie out the window, past the maple tree in the backyard, over the rooftop and gone.

Caroline and her mother began running down the street, trailing the floating mouse, until it drifted past the Claremont Hotel and over the East Bay hills.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/09/08/BAmousie08.DTL

That's so sad! My daughter's got things from all of the world that my husband has brought back from business trips and she'd be heartbroken to loose one of them too. I hope Mousie finds his way home soon!!! :eek:

Jeana (DP) said:
I hope Mousie finds his way home soon!!! :eek:
Me too.

Noel has a very few select 'special' toys that she would be crushed if they went missing.

I want everyone in Ohio to go out and check their trees for Mousie
mouse.gif

Casshew said:
Me too.

Noel has a very few select 'special' toys that she would be crushed if they went missing.

I want everyone in Ohio to go out and check their trees for Mousie
mouse.gif

My daughter received a glass blown horse from her brother at Christmas last year. One of the housekeepers broke it. She put a HUGE sign on her bedroom door saying "NO THANKS - I'LL CLEAN IT MYSELF FROM NOW ON." :)

Jeana (DP) said:
My daughter received a glass blown horse from her brother at Christmas last year. One of the housekeepers broke it. She put a HUGE sign on her bedroom door saying "NO THANKS - I'LL CLEAN IT MYSELF FROM NOW ON." :)
How many housekeepers do you have?

O.K. what I need, is a personal assistant, housekeeper, cook and driver.

CyberLaw said:
O.K. what I need, is a personal assistant, housekeeper, cook and driver.
or a husband that does all that:dance:

My daughter who is 14 has two stuffed rabbits taht she has slept with since she was 2 months old. Last summer she left them in a hotel room in Michigan, it was 2 months before we got them back. What an emotional roller coaster.

Hi sleuthin4fun ~ a similar thing happened to my daughter when we were at Disney World.

She left her 2 lion toys (kovu & Kiara) behind on the table at a dinner show we went to.

She was devestated when we realized they were gone but when we got back to our Disney hotel and came up to the room they were on her bed with this note...

bestthing.jpg

Someone at the dinner show had found the lions, looked up in the computer what guests we were and where we were staying - and SENT the toys to our hotel - who put them in our room - all before we got back from the show!! :blowkiss:

I took this photo right afterwards :)
bestthing1.jpg

A beautiful Picture Ms. Casshew. It made my day.:) :) :) :)

Casshew said:
Hi sleuthin4fun ~ a similar thing happened to my daughter when we were at Disney World.

She left her 2 lion toys (kovu & Kiara) behind on the table at a dinner show we went to.

She was devestated when we realized they were gone but when we got back to our Disney hotel and came up to the room they were on her bed with this note...

http://www.casshew.com/images/akl/bestthing.jpg

Someone at the dinner show had found the lions, looked up in the computer what guests we were and where we were staying - and SENT the toys to our hotel - who put them in our room - all before we got back from the show!! :blowkiss:

I took this photo right afterwards :)
http://www.casshew.com/images/akl/bestthing1.jpg
How sweet-- sure makes a person believe in the good again, doesnt it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back