GUILTY MN - Nancy Everson, 52, shot to death, Chaska, 15 Jan 2006

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Police are calling the shooting death of a 52-year-old woman a "calculated" slaying and have arrested four people - including the woman's 20-year-old son.
Nancy Lynn Everson was killed early Sunday and police arrested her 20-year-old son, Grant Everson, a few hours later. Police Chief Scott Knight said Monday that three other suspects also were arrested.
The killing was "planned in advance, very calculated and coldly carried out," Knight said.
Detectives executed a search warrant at a home in Burnsville and recovered a "significant" amount of evidence, including what they believe is the murder weapon, Knight said. Besides Grant Everson, two adult males and one juvenile male were arrested.

In a news release Monday night, police said they believe the motive was money Grant Everson expected to receive after the death of his parents.
Police also asked for the public's help in finding a plastic black shotgun case, possibly filled with dark clothing, gloves and tennis shoes. They believe the case was placed in a commercial dumpster between Interstate 494 and Highway 62. Police were also looking for dark clothing placed near or in the Minnesota River near Jordan.
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/13640276.htm

This is getting more common all the time kids killing parents........

I heard today these boys did it to get thesons inheritance so he could start a coffee shop in another country.

Entitlement issues should be addressed.If there is a pattern than parents and other family should protect themselves at all cost.

This happened 20 minutes from my home. This is just scary. This poor woman. I saw the dad & daugter on the news last night and it just broke my heart. How sad that these kids thought they could kill these 2 people, get away with it and then go to Amsterdam and open a coffee shop???? WTF. They promised the 15 year old all the "pot he could smoke" if he copperated and kept his motyh shut. Their plan was to kill the father too but he crawled out a window.

They also said that the could not do the shooting once the get there and the other friend grabbed the gun and asked the mother "Head or Chest" and she scream at him "Get out my house you SOB" and he shot her in the head.

What is a matter with kids now days??????????

What a nightmare theses people went through.

Hi Chica - Thanks for psoting the links - I just finished reading the Probable Cause Report, how very sad.

From January 2007:

http://redshako.uber.matchbin.net/v...cle-UPDATE--Everson-gets-life-without-parole?

Grant Everson was sentended this morning to life in prison without the possibility of parole in the murder of his mother in Chaska in January 2006. Everson, 21, was found guilty of four counts of murder by a Carver County jury in November...

Grant’s friend Joel Beckrich, who admitted to being the one to pull the shotgun trigger, was sentenced to 45 years in prison last month.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back