Identified! UK - London, Body in bags at Hollow Ponds, Sep'15 - Hidir Aksakal

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Evening Standard:

Human remains found 'wrapped in Ikea bags' by boating lake in Epping Forest

---
Police confirmed a body was discovered at Hollow Ponds in Epping Forest, Leytonstone.
---
"They found the body wrapped in blue plastic bags," the woman said.

“It looked like someone had dug a hole to try and bury it but it wasn’t properly covered.

“The horrendous smell drew him to the spot. They couldn’t tell if it was a man, woman or child or anything."
---

Mirror:

Body found at popular boating lake after rats are seen scurrying around bushes

---
A source said: "A member of public was walking around last night and spotted a load of rats scurrying around.

"They had a look in the bushes and saw something wrapped in an Ikea bag that the rats were trying to eat.

"That's when they reported it to the police and the area got cordoned off."
---
Cops added that the death was being treated as unexplained and that no arrests have been made.
more at the links

So he must have either had ID on him or been on the missing persons register already?

I was thinking it could be him - it's near enough to essex - but police are saying several weeks rather than several months which is throwing me.

I was thinking it could be him - it's near enough to essex - but police are saying several weeks rather than several months which is throwing me.

Chris has been missing about 15 weeks. Could be? Whoever it is they have ID'd him pretty rapidly!

The body was very smelly and rats were eating it. If it was outdoors for three months old it would be beyond that stage already.

The body was very smelly and rats were eating it. If it was outdoors for three months old it would be beyond that stage already.

Gruesome, but true! I suppose I just want it to tie neatly up with one of our cases here...
Here's the missingpeople list for males in the south east.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find/category/in-the-south-east.html?jform[name]=&jform[area]=16&jform[since]=30&jform[agerange]=&jform[gender]=male

I tell you what does fuddle me a bit, having been looking through our various missing websites (I posted links on the UK thread below), is that the overwhelming majority of missing people, especially children, are not white. Huge amounts of Chinese/oriental, Polish and black people missing compared to white British. Now why is that? Thoughts?

I've noticed a lot of polish teenage runaways. Maybe it is mentally easier to run away if you don't have roots in a country? I'd say a lot of the non-europeans have parents with expired visas/their asylum application has been rejected and they don't want to go back so they go underground.

I've noticed a lot of polish teenage runaways. Maybe it is mentally easier to run away if you don't have roots in a country? I'd say a lot of the non-europeans have parents with expired visas/their asylum application has been rejected and they don't want to go back so they go underground.

I think you're right, possibly the same with the Chinese/Vietnamese. I'd rather it be visa related than murder related.

Looking at the missingkids site there is literally one white child in the first few pages. And they're nearly all teenagers. Lots of the adult cases seem to suggest suicide (seen at cliffs / bridges etc). I'm glad we don't appear to have too many murders going on.

Thanks, wfgodot... I don't think this fella was on the missingpeople page. RIP.

Some more info on Hidir Aksakal here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...own-Boxer-Cetin-stood-trial-gangland-hit.html

Today police revealed that Mr Aksakal, who was well-known locally as 'Boxer Cetin' or 'Cetin Boxer', died from gunshot wounds and said he could have been killed weeks ago.

It also emerged that Mr Aksakal was charged in connection with the 1998 gangland hit on Glasgow drug dealer Bulent Giritli, who was shot twice in the head behind a Turkish cafe in Tottenham.

Covermecagney: Great minds think alike...!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back