Comic Steve Rannazzisi admits 9/11 lie

Some people do strange things, and somethings can't be excused away with a "sorry about that". Some are only sorry when they are caught in their many lies. He did not prey on the misery of all real 9/11 victims and their families by lying one time, he lied about it many times over the years.

I think he is a coward, a fraud and a few other things I can't type here. And I think it is excellent that whenever anyone searches for his name, this story will always come up so it haunts him.

Is this guy related to Brian Williams?

This line in the article wfgodot posted. (thank you, my friend, for another interesting article)

"Take it easy on @SteveRannazzisi ... He reached out to me and is truly sorry. We all sometimes lie and exaggerate a story to seem cooler ...," Davidson tweeted. "Unfortunately this is a very touchy topic n very near n dear 2 peoples hearts.Its years later but he apologized n owned up 2 it like a man."

Well, a real man would have never told this lie. If he told this lie to seem cooler, does he think telling the truth now makes him special? He's a liar, nothing cool or special about that.

Did his wife work there or has she been going along with this lie as well?

"So where was she?" Shore asked, gesturing toward Tracy.

"She worked on the 24th floor of the same tower and I didn't know if she was in to work yet, 'cause she, I left before her," the comic said. "So I went downstairs to see what's going on, I walked outside, I see the fire and everything, and then I watched the second plane hit the second tower ... and then I ran. Ran ran ran ran ran, stopped, both of them fell."

Interesting...they updated the story to clarify where she was.
UPDATED

12:48 p.m.: This post was updated to include information about the whereabouts of Tracy Rannazzisi on Sept. 11, 2001.

The updated information:

Rannazzisi's publicist told the New York Times that Tracy Rannazzisi had been scheduled to work as a temp that day in the nearby World Financial Center, not the south tower.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-steve-rannazzisi-lied-world-trade-center-the-league-comedian-20150916-story.html

I agree, zippitydoda, may this lie haunt him or both of them if she has been supporting this lie.

I just LOVE "The League".

Gonna be a hard watch for me now. For very personal reasons I am not inclined to be forgiving to persons who lie about their harrowing 9/11 experiences.

It is a shame because the show is hilarious and the cast is very talented. But this is not an obnoxious Grammy speech or a drunken night at a club.

I mean, I won't watch Woody Allen even though my fave film arthouse shows his movies quite often. Lying about and forging a career based on 9/11 survivor status is not the same as molesting your stepkids, but it is still really hard to gloss over.

IMO.

I do feel sorry for his kids. That is not an easy name to pretend no association with.

Here he is telling his lie, lie starts at 1:25, wife by side.

[video=youtube;fLax2I0Tt0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLax2I0Tt0w[/video]

O/T but I watched a show just last week about a woman who called herself Tania Head. She made up a detailed story that her fiancee was killed on 9/11 and she was saved by a man with a red bandanna and delivered to a waiting firefighter who put her under a fire truck for safety. Later she helped start a survivor's group to help them through the survivor's guilt and grief. It turns out that her real name was Alicia and she was in Barcelona on 9/11. Maybe it's on youtube and it was a great story.

If anyone is interested, Steve was on Howard Stern earlier this month.

[video=youtube;ItPWUem8O7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPWUem8O7A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPWUem8O7A[/video]

Good on him for having the guts to be interviewed, but I'm having a hard time working up any kind of sympathy for him. Other than the twitter stuff because I've seen it get really ugly on twitter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back