Resolved NJ - Buena Vista Twp, Skeletal Remains, 'NYC lifeguard' windbreaker, Sep'15 - Name withheld

Momoffourboys

Reaction score
http://pix11.com/2015/09/18/human-s...c-lifeguard-jacket-found-in-new-jersey-woods/

BUENA VISTA TOWNSHIP, N.J. — State Police are trying to identify skeletal human remains that were found in a wooded section of Atlantic County.

A hunter made the discovery off Route 40 and Main Avenue in Buena Vista Township on Thursday.

Troopers also found a red windbreaker with “N.Y.C. Lifeguard Dept. of Parks” written on the back. There also was a black baseball cap with “Puerto Rico” written in blue and red on the brim and in a circular pattern with the Puerto Rico flag on a seal on the front.

State Police are hoping anyone who recognizes the items will contact them.

Photos of baseball cap, windbreaker, glasses and bag found with remains at above link.

This person's remains were just found this past week. There isn't much in regards to stats, but s/he had a few distinctive items that caught my interest.

IMO it doesn't look like the remains were there very long. The items pictured are relatively clean and the coat is still a bright orange (no sign of fading or discoloration). I wish we knew what model phone he/she had so we could narrow down the timeline more.

UP#14279

DEMOGRAPHICS
Race: Unknown
Sex: Unknown
Near complete or complete skeleton

CIRCUMSTANCES
Date: 17-9-2015
Circumstances: Skeletal remains found by hunter in wooded area near Main Avenue and US-40

CLOTHING/ACCESSORIES
Light green backpack
Black baseball cap w/ design of Puerto Rican flag and "Puerto Rico" written on brim
Red windbreaker coat w/ "NYC Lifeguard Dept. of Parks" written on back
Prescription eyeglasses
Black LG cell phone

NJ State Police report
Human remains discovered by railroad tracks in South Jersey

I wonder if that means they've been IDed. Hopefully!

I checked the NJ State Police unidentified bodies database and this case does not appear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back