Francis Stateside: 22-27 September 2015, The Pope Is Coming!

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Official Schedule For Pope Francis’ Visit to U.S.

Washington Post:

A Pope for All Seasons
Francis may be empathetic. He may tweet. But he’s
got everyone guessing about what he really wants.

New York Times:

A Humble Pope, Challenging the World
Francis, the first Latin American pope, has drawn from his life
in Argentina to try to create a humbler papacy, albeit one with
lofty ambitions.His push for change has stirred hope and anxiety.

Los Angeles Times:

Pope Francis, whose vision has captivated the world, brings it to North America

Pope Francis Visits America

Sep 21 2015, 7:29 am ET

Pope Francis Meets with Fidel Castro on Second Day of Cuba Visit

by Tim Stelloh

On his second day in Cuba, Pope Francis swapped books with the country's former leader Fidel Castro during a brief meeting Sunday, Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said.

The meeting, at Castro's home, came after the pontiff delivered the largest papal mass ever — an estimated 200,000 people were attendance — at Havana's Revolution Square on Sunday morning, Lombardi said.

Francis gave Castro copies of his two encyclicals, Lombardi said, as well as two books written by an Italian priest and one by a Jesuit priest.

Castro, 89, then gave Francis a book titled "Fidel and Religion." Castro's wife, children and grandchildren were present at the meeting...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/po...ts-fidel-castro-second-day-cuba-visit-n430641

Sep 21 2015, 11:40 am ET

Warning on Terrorists Impersonating Cops Issued Before Pope's Visit

by Andrew Blankstein and Tom Winter

With Pope Francis set to begin his first-ever U.S. visit Tuesday, a document obtained by NBC News shows law enforcement is worried terrorists may impersonate police officers, firefighters and EMTs to launch deadly attacks inside the U.S.

A memo distributed by the Pennsylvania State Police's Criminal Intelligence Center to law enforcement warns that imposters pretending to be first responders could use false identification to enter secure areas and wreak havoc before slipping away undetected.

"The impersonators' main goals are to further their attack plan and do harm to unsuspecting citizens as well as members of the emergency services community," said the bulletin, titled "First Responder Impersonators: The New Terrorist Threat." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/po...impersonating-cops-issued-popes-visit-n430916

Sep 21 2015, 3:43 pm ET

Will Pope Francis Be Safe in America?

by Tom Winter, Kevin Monahan, Richard Esposito and Stephanie

Security for Pope Francis' three-city tour of America, which kicks off Tuesday, will involve tens of thousands of police, military and counterterrorism personnel operating under the umbrella of the Secret Service — which went all the way to Rome to research how to protect the pontiff.

No specific threat against the pope in the U.S. has been disclosed by authorities — although the Vatican has confirmed in the past that ISIS could target the leader of the world's 1.2 billion Catholics, and Italian police in April busted an al Qaeda-linked plot.

Law-enforcement officials In Washington, New York and Philadelphia said the challenge presented by the visit is huge — but so is the response...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/po...ica/will-pope-francis-be-safe-america-n431046

“operating under the umbrella of the Secret Service”

Is that the same Secret Service agency that let that looney toon enter all the way into the White House?

Seriously, I find this Pope likeable enough and I don’t wish for anything to happen to him while he visits here.

I'm a bit nervous too; but I was born a bit nervous.

Still -- there's a lot of money riding on our being lured into a major war. False flag, anyone??

Long live Francis. Long live peace.

Anticipating Pope Francis' arrival. CNN is LIVE and local (Detroit) station will cover, also.

4 p.m. ET: Pope Francis lands at Joint Base Andrews, greeted by President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama, as well as Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Dr. Jill Biden.

Speaking of security, the route from AFB to the Vatican's Apostolic Nunciature went past my office yesterday. I had already left but when I did, there was a heavy police presence at every intersection waiting to close it off when the Pope came through.

I'm not Catholic but I do like this Pope.

Pope Francis welcomed to White House. Live coverage on CNN and NBC.

Do they still rock the "Popemobile"?

The Pope likes to travel in an open vehicle, making frequent stops to meet/greet people. The latest version of the "Popemobile" has a bullet-proof dome from front-to-back (arch) but is open on the sides so he can step out easily. Pope Francis is scheduled to ride through Washington later today. He also likes to ride in a simple, small vehicle.

I can't post photos, but there's a picture of Pope Francis' specialized vehicle in this article. If someone wants to post the photo, please don't hesitate to do so. :tyou:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/16/pope-francis-us-trip-popemobile/72330906/
From your link here is the picture

7c6d8d7f2c7b6abd77eca727fdda9188.jpg

Papal motorcade along Constitution Avenue beginning. Live TV coverage CNN and NBC.

He looks like a little kid, like he's the one at the parade waving to a celebrity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back