Scotland finds an answer to shouting preacher

zwiebel

Reaction score
Although speaking out is welcome in Scotland, shoppers in St Andrews were more than a little fed-up to find themselves almost deafened by a preacher with a very loud microphone. As people tried to buy their groceries or drink a coffee in the precious, late summer sunshine, they were swamped with yelling telling them they were all sinners, were going to hell and furthemore, gays were ruining the Scottish economy.

There was nothing they could do though, because nobody can compete with a loud person and a microphone turned up to full volume.

Ah. Except in Scotland, of course. Watch the bagpipe player at the link come nonchalantly wandering around, easily drown out the yelling and receive a cheer from all the relieved shoppers at the same time.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-man-drown-out-message-6480117

Attachments

• boys-plays-bagpipes-to-stop-hate-preacher.jpg
    boys-plays-bagpipes-to-stop-hate-preacher.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 60
I saw this elsewhere, and enjoyed it again here just as much!

- Scotland the Brave!

At the same time this story was breaking, the BBC was running a story about Scottish piper Daniel Laidlaw, deceased. I read it and wondered about linking it here, but I think I will. Pipers in Scotland have such a long and brave history - deservedly so - and though this (then) 40-year-old piper leading young men 'over the top' in WW1 and getting wounded is nothing to smile about, the fact he survived, is.

Also that his family is still so proud of him. There's many years and very different circumstances between Daniel and the young man in a T-shirt today, playing pipes in a shopping plaza. But there's something that links them too, both stepping up when no-one else did, armed only with bagpipes. That makes me smile.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-34218923

Just sent this story to a couple of friends who have interests in all things Scottish/bagpipes on Facebook!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back