Man Impersonates Lawyer- AGAIN!

Gozgals

Reaction score
Pa. Man Impersonates Lawyer - Again:D

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]OAKMONT, Pa. (AP) - Allegheny County police don't deny that Charles Arrotti knows a lot about the law. But they say that doesn't make him a lawyer - and that made it a crime when Arrotti argued 14 cases before local district judges.

Investigators say the 56-year-old Arrotti even bragged to some folks that he worked on the Robert Blake murder trial. :confused:

Arrotti served five months in jail after pleading guilty in 1993 to impersonating an attorney. He was found out again when county Detective J. Todd Moses, who investigated the Arrotti case way back then, recognized Arrotti in a district court room in March.

Arrotti has an unlisted phone and couldn't immediately be reached for comment today. He is charged with 14 counts of unauthorized practice of law, theft by deception and theft of services.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050908/D8CG44TG0.html

:twocents: :twocents: I thought they were talking about Mark Geragos myself!

<!-- Subject: Phony Lawyer -->
[/font]

I don't know what state this is in, but I have to show my "bar card" so I can get into the courthouse and not have to go through a metal detector.

Plus what is his bar number in the state that he lives in, it has to be listed on all court documents.

Someone was asleep at the switch.......

CyberLaw said:
I don't know what state this is in, but I have to show my "bar card" so I can get into the courthouse and not have to go through a metal detector.

Plus what is his bar number in the state that he lives in, it has to be listed on all court documents.

Someone was asleep at the switch.......

In Texas, you can show all the bar cards ever produced, but you still have to go through the metal detectors.

of all the creatures in this universe, a lawyer is the LAST one I would choose to impersonate. Hasn't this guy heard any of the lawyer jokes? ...mpi

What lawyer jokes MPI, have not heard many these days.........

I guess in Canada it is a little different then in the USA, we have not had metal detectors that long.........

We don't have metal detectors in schools no camera's, no security, no guards either.......don't need them, as yet......

There are alot of people who think they know the law because they like the income that lawyers charge, but they don't like the actual work........or can do it........

CyberLaw said:
What lawyer jokes MPI, have not heard many these days.........

I guess in Canada it is a little different then in the USA, we have not had metal detectors that long.........

We don't have metal detectors in schools no camera's, no security, no guards either.......don't need them, as yet......

There are alot of people who think they know the law because they like the income that lawyers charge, but they don't like the actual work........or can do it........
Canada is a cool place...ya'll even have health insurance!

I think a lot of the violence in schools and elsewhere has to do with gangs, which I hope haven't migrated to Canada to a great extent yet.

lawyer jokes...mine are probably dated, but I'm sure there are some posters out there with some good up to date ones...mpi

Man impersonates lawyer is no big deal. Now, if you find a story titled "Lawyer Impersonates Man", then we're talking bizarre..

We also have VERY strict gun control laws, a decent school system, but yes, unfortunately there are gangs in my city, but they are mostly involved with guns and drugs in neighbours, but that puts an incredible "blight" upon the whole city.

We are just getting into the meth problem, but we have learned from the USA(thank you) and are attempting to solve the problem before it gets widespread.

Mabel said:
Now, if you find a story titled "Lawyer Impersonates Man", then we're talking bizarre..
roflmao.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back