TN TN - Deborah Walker-Lusk, 66, Memphis, 20 Sept 2015

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Investigators say she left her residence in the 7300 block of Pinnacle Oaks Drive on Sunday and she hasn’t been seen since. Her cell phone was left behind at the home. She was in a red 1997 Hyundai Accent, but that car was found on Tuesday in a Walgreens parking lot at Hacks Cross and Shelby Drive.

Deborah Walker-Lusk is a 66-year-old black female. She is 5’4” tall and weighs 140 pounds. Her hair is black and her eyes are brown.

8866627_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/3...nce-sunday-car-found-abandoned-in-parking-lot

http://www.wtoc.com/story/30104708/scso-issues-missing-alert-for-66-year-old-woman

This one is strange too. I live in Memphis and have heard her story on the news. It seems strange that she would leave her phone at home but would drive her car to the Walgreens and leave it there. I know the area and I have been in that Walgreens.

Deborah Walker-Lusk's husband said he has no reason to think his wife just took off.

“I hope my wife just sees this broadcast and wakes up and just says come on now and comes home,” he said.

"If it was your Mom what would you do?" Jeffery Lusk, Jr. asked. "You’d search everywhere to find her and that’s what I’m doing. I’m searching everywhere to find her.”

The grandmother was not at home when her husband returned from a fishing trip. He found her cell phone inside the house, but she was gone.

Tuesday her car was discovered backed into a parking spot at a Walgreens near the couple’s home.

The family is planning a massive search for Saturday.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/30176203/vigil-for-missing-grandmother

Highlighted #1) Seems like sort of an odd statement, previous problems in the marriage ?

Highlighted #2) Does she normally back her car into parking spots, or was that to hide the license plate from view ?

Nothing new as of this morning. Hard to imagine an older woman could just vanish like that in such a populated area without someone seeing something that day. Someone was bound to have seen who left the car at the Walgreens and walked away from it. Don't they have cameras ?

66-year-old Deborah Walker–Lusk vanished from her home in the 7000 block of Pinnacle Oaks Drive a week and a half ago. Her car was found Tuesday abandoned at a nearby Walgreen's backed into a parking spot, something her sister said she would never do.

“She loves us," Jackson said. "She loves her husband. She loves her children. She loves her family. This is out of character for her. It’s not anything she would do.”

“I have no words.I’m just speechless for what’s happened. I just keep saying 'where is she.' She wouldn’t do that,” added Jackson.

The family has put up flyers at businesses and on poles in neighborhoods.

Jackson said her sister was not having any problems. She was with her a month ago when she surprised her on her birthday.

"She was perfectly fine and her husband said she was perfectly fine when he left."

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/30168217/massive-search-planned-for-missing-66-year-old-woman

I answered my own highlighted question from my previous post. This article gives a few more details.
They aren't really getting into any details about what was found in or around the house when her husband got back from his fishing trip. I have to assume everything was still there and nothing was stolen or missing, otherwise they would have mentioned it. That pretty much rules out a home invasion, I would think.

Still no sign of her.

jackson.jpg

The car is strange, i don't care if it sounds 'sexist' but very few women ever reverse park their car....is it possible she 'drove-through' a space to face that way?? If not (against wall etc)..i think someone else parked it.

Here in the Memphis area you would be surprised at how many women back into spaces. I see it all the time.

"If it was your Mom what would you do?" Jeffery Lusk, Jr. asked. "You’d search everywhere to find her and that’s what I’m doing. I’m searching everywhere to find her.” (snipped)

“I hope my wife just sees this broadcast and wakes up and just says come on now and comes home,” he said. (snipped)

She loves us," Jackson said. "She loves her husband. She loves her children. She loves her family. This is out of character for her. It’s not anything she would do.” (snipped)

“I have no words.I’m just speechless for what’s happened. I just keep saying 'where is she.' She wouldn’t do that,” added Jackson. (snipped)

http://www.wtol.com/story/30176203/vigil-for-missing-grandmother

All this protesting from her family sounds strange to me. This lady has been gone for a week now; she's 66 y/o so why wouldn't they consider a medical emergency before anything else? She could've had a stroke and can't remember anything. I would consider this before all the protesting that she loves all of her family. I'm leaning toward steelman's idea of previous problems within the family. JMO

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/30176203/vigil-for-missing-grandmother

Highlighted #1) Seems like sort of an odd statement, previous problems in the marriage ?

Highlighted #2) Does she normally back her car into parking spots, or was that to hide the license plate from view ?

Nothing new as of this morning. Hard to imagine an older woman could just vanish like that in such a populated area without someone seeing something that day. Someone was bound to have seen who left the car at the Walgreens and walked away from it. Don't they have cameras ?

Yes, Walgreens has cameras all throughout the store and I think try have some outside. I know because my father works in a Walgreens office here in Memphis. I find it hard to believe that the cameras from Walgreens don't show her in there. Why would she leave her car there if she was not going to go in the store? I don't know if she was meeting someone in the Walgreens parking lot that was going to take her somewhere else. Something is just not adding up.

Yes people here in Memphis do back their cars into parking spaces. I remember my father telling me that a woman he knows that works at the Walgreens on Watkins in Frayser had her license plate stolen off her car once so she has to back it into the space all the way back where it's touching bushes so no one can get to it. Memphis has high crime.

Yes, Walgreens has cameras all throughout the store and I think try have some outside. I know because my father works in a Walgreens office here in Memphis. I find it hard to believe that the cameras from Walgreens don't show her in there. Why would she leave her car there if she was not going to go in the store? I don't know if she was meeting someone in the Walgreens parking lot that was going to take her somewhere else. Something is just not adding up.

"They said they went inside of Walgreens and checked the surveillance video to see if she entered the store that day. She didn't enter the Walgreens," Lusk said.

So at least we know she didn't make it inside the store. Wish they would state if they had any evidence from outside.

"Jeffery told FOX13 he last spoke to his wife on Saturday while he was on a fishing trip outside of Parsons, Tennessee".

Hopefully LE checked the phone records to verify this. If there was no call, then maybe LE needs to head up to the fishing hole.

(Quotes from the article link in the OP
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/3...nce-sunday-car-found-abandoned-in-parking-lot

Also re backing in a parking space - it's kind of iffy to me for a 66 year old to back her car in. Just thinking I'm 60+ and could back in a space, but usually don't. JMO though :)

Poof !! No sign of her for over two weeks now.

No movement on her bank account or credit cards, no contact with family, obviously doesn't have a car now to get around in. No texts, no calls, no contact of any kind.

I think they need to look at people close to the couple, including relatives. It seems as if someone knew her husband was leaving town and capitalized on his absence. Younger teens or adults with a need for quick money.....that would be my focal point.

I don't think this woman ran off, I think she was forced to leave her house, and later on the car was dumped and turned around backwards to make reading the license plate more difficult.` Anyone living within walking distance of that Walgreens needs to be examined closely.

Jeffery Lusk, the missing woman’s husband, told FOX13 he doesn’t believe his wife’s disappearance is suspicious. He said he thinks she may have decided for some reason that she needed to get away.

“We just hope this'll motivate her to pull herself back, lift that veil, and see the light,” Lusk said. “If she happened to see this and see what we're doing, maybe it'll snap her out of her thing.”

Jeffery Lusk said everything seemed normal the last time he spoke with her before she vanished, and he said nothing like this has ever happened before.

“We've not seen any evidence of money transfers or credit card usage or anything else. Of course that makes things more difficult,” Washington said. “It does seem like she's kind of vanished into thin air, but the family hasn't given up and we haven't given up either.”

“Somebody could've followed her, and abducted her,” Jeffery Lusk said. “But nobody's said anything, asked for ransom or anything like that, so I don't feel that.”

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/3...-3-weeks-reward-being-offered-for-information

Hmmmm...so the husband thinks she left voluntarily. Nobody else seems to believe that.

I think we can all see where this one is heading.......been there, done that.

The only version of the story we're getting about what transpired, is his version.

( "Keep an open mind, keep an open mind, keep an open mind"...........)

I would assume that law enforcement has verified his fishing trip and other details of his whereabouts that weekend......but then again, was it verifiable ?

Based on prior cases, when the husband starts trying to convince everyone that the spouse left voluntarily, when there's no proof of that, eyebrows need to start raising. Unless this 66 year old woman ran off with a boyfriend and is living debt free, then something else is going on here. Keep in mind......she supposedly runs off.....but leaves her car behind, abandoned.

My feeling is that if someone did see her at Walmart and they decided to rob her it would be a quick grab her purse and run kind of thing. I don't think someone would take time to back the car into a parking spot just to buy time before someone checked the plate. A Walgreen's parking lot isn't isolated and nobody reported a struggle. If she was thinking about harming herself I think she would back the car into a space, get a ride on a bus or trolley or maybe call a cab and take off to a place she has decided upon in advance.

My second scenario follows what steeleman discussed - talk to immediate family again, especially the husband. Unfortunately I don't see a good outcome for a 66 year woman with no cash to be voluntarily missing for 3 weeks.

JMO

February 2016:
http://newsone.com/3359721/family-of-missing-memphis-woman-deborah-walker-lusk-continues-search/

“Everything seemed okay. It was a normal conversation,” Lusk told NewsOne in an interview.
His wife had mentioned that she might go shopping for their new grandson who had been born in September.
“I got home and her cell phone was plugged into the wall and the house phone was unplugged. Everything was locked up and nothing was out of place. The car was gone,” Lusk said. ‘I said: ‘Maybe she’s still out shopping.'”

His wife hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
“I’m still in the dark. There’s no leads anywhere,” said Lusk. There’s been no activity on any of her financial accounts.

Deborah Lusk – The Charley Project

Deborah Lusk
  • lusk_deborah.jpg
  • lusk_deborah2.jpg
Lusk, circa 2015

• Missing Since09/19/2015
  • Missing FromMemphis, Tennessee
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth08/16/1949 (69)
  • Age66 years old
  • Height and WeightUnknown
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Some agencies refer to Lusk as Deborah Walker-Lusk. She has the following tattoos: a Chinese symbol on the inside of her right wrist, a butterfly on the left side of her chest, and a rose on the outside of her right ankle.
Details of Disappearance
Lusk was last seen at her residence in the 7000 block of Pinnacle Oaks Drive in Memphis, Tennessee on September 19, 2015. She disappeared while her husband of over thirty years was spending the night on his boat in Parsons, Tennessee. They spoke to each other twice on the phone and both their conversations were normal.

Lusk has never been heard from again. When her husband got home, she was nowhere to be found, the house phone was unplugged and her cellular phone was charging. The house was locked and nothing appeared to be out of place.

On September 22, Lusk's car, a red 1997 Hyundai Accent with the Tennessee license plate number 401-LSR, was found backed into a space in the parking lot of a Walgreens pharmacy within a mile of her home. Her case remains unsolved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back