Canada - Brutal beating of 73yo in robbery, cctv of suspects released, Montreal

dotr

Reaction score
http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/32792
rbbm.
"Published on Sep 24, 2015
On Tuesday, September 15, 2015, at 4 a.m., a convenience store located near Queen Street West and Bathurst Street was robbed and the victim severely beaten.

It is alleged that:

- two men entered the store covering their faces with bandanas

- one man jumped the counter and ‘rushed’ the clerk, 73

- the clerk was held while a second man began punching him about the head and body

- a quantity of cash and cigarettes was obtained

- the clerk was admitted to hospital with several broken ribs and internal bleeding

The men bear the following description:

1) white, 30's, 6'0", medium build, short brown hair, wearing a black t-shirt with the caption 'God Guns & Money' on the back

2) black, 30's 6'0", short black hair"

[video=youtube;op-N4YLozXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-N4YLozXQ[/video]

The way these guys are beating on the smallish, 73 year old victim, who does not seem to be putting up much of a fight, is horrifying, imo.
If that is what they do to a non- threatening victim for just a few bucks and smokes, hate to think of what they may have already done, and what they are capable of inflicting on others, imo.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/09/24/police-release-video-of-violent-robbery.html

"In security camera footage of the incident, the two men can be seen holding the clerk in a headlock while punching him in the head and ribs.

The 73-year-old victim suffered several broken ribs and internal bleeding and was rushed to hospital once emergency responders arrived. He is still receiving treatment in hospital for his injuries almost a week later.

“It’s unusual these days to remain in the hospital that long unless it was a very serious problem,” said Staff Insp. Mike Earl. “That shows the seriousness of his injuries.”

somehow, I wouldn't expect a black guy to be hanging out with a white guy wearing a "God Guns and Money" t-shirt (ETA: IMO those t-shirts seem to be a favorite of many proud redneck types.)

That said, this is brutal and so very very sad. It seems personal almost. Sad...

somehow, I wouldn't expect a black guy to be hanging out with a white guy wearing a "God Guns and Money" t-shirt (ETA: IMO those t-shirts seem to be a favorite of many proud redneck types.)

That said, this is brutal and so very very sad. It seems personal almost. Sad...
Yes, it did seem personal and purposeful, almost like he was being punished for something? Do small time ****s still extort protection money from shopkeepers?

I've said it so many times & I'll repeat myself again - it should be illegal for ANYONE to work overnight alone in a business open to the public. This crime is incomprehensible.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back