Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Deorr Kunz Jr.
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Missing two year old in Lemhi County
Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

Family members say Deorr Kunz Jr. was camping yesterday afternoon at the Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir when he was reported missing.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

There is no official word from yet from The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office or Salmon Search & Rescue of organized searches for the weekend. We'll update search information as it's released.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said. "And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11

Do we have a birth date for Deorr? Just wondering if he's older two or a younger two.

As I understand it, the difference in Lake Callis in the case of "Mars" Humphrey and the Stone Reservoir in the case of little DeOrr is that Lake Callis is a man-made recreational lake that had just opened less than two weeks before "Mars" drowned. I think that means (from what I've read) that Lake Callis contains no fallen trees or other debri that would impede the underwater search efforts unlike Stone Reservoir. So although that would (presumably) make searching in Lake Callis less difficult, experienced searchers were still unable to locate "Mars" even after six searches of the lake. That makes me wonder how Sheriff Bowermann can be so certain that Little Deorr isn't still in Stone Reservoir since it would seem to be a more difficult body of water in which to locate a child as small as little Deorr.

I put myself on a Deorr time out a week ago. Has anything happened since then? Any new info? Any new ideas? Anything different to what we knew back in July or even August?

No new info at all since the 3 part interview with the PI :( He said LE were doing a sketch of the staring man, but there's been no mention of it since.

Was this camping trip planned?
Was GGF and friend up there already and parents decided to join them?

Did they go camping often?
I'm still trying to figure out the reason for this camping trip.
Seems to me like an odd group but that's just my opinion.
Also I'm not a big fan of camping and don't understand why anyone does it in the first place .
LOL

I might just go on another time out then! 12 threads in and we really know nothing more than we did in thread 1, that Deorr has vanished into thin air. In fact we know less, because there is doubt cast on every aspect of this story. Hmmmmm.

Also I'm not a big fan of camping and don't understand why anyone does it in the first place .
LOL

I believe I read here that an unofficial source said the trip had been planned for a week.

LOL

We go camping a lot, my kids are young and we go with friends who also have kids, there are always at least 3 or 4 families. The kids love running around and we love sitting, chatting, BBQing, drinking and laughing. We choose the site carefully, always enclosed, no water, easy to see where the kids are at all times.

It does seem like a fairly odd group - taking an elderly and unfit grandad would be a nightmare to me, especially so far from any medical help. And his friend <modsnip>, also strange, I wonder what Deorrs parents thought about him coming given they'd never met him. But we don't KNOW these people. Maybe grandad always took Deorr's mum and her siblings camping when they were little, maybe he enjoyed fishing with his mate, and maybe it all just seemed totally fine to them all. I don't think we can read too much into the group dynamics because we just don't know what is/isn't normal for them, even if it seems odd to others.

We go camping a lot, my kids are young and we go with friends who also have kids, there are always at least 3 or 4 families. The kids love running around and we love sitting, chatting, BBQing, drinking and laughing. We choose the site carefully, always enclosed, no water, easy to see where the kids are at all times.

It does seem like a fairly odd group - taking an elderly and unfit grandad would be a nightmare to me, especially so far from any medical help. And his friend <modsnip>, also strange, I wonder what Deorrs parents thought about him coming given they'd never met him. But we don't KNOW these people. Maybe grandad always took Deorr's mum and her siblings camping when they were little, maybe he enjoyed fishing with his mate, and maybe it all just seemed totally fine to them all. I don't think we can read too much into the group dynamics because we just don't know what is/isn't normal for them, even if it seems odd to others.

What does always enclosed mean? I have camped quite a bit throughout the years and I'm trying to visualize such an area, much less FIND one LOL. I've never seen a campsite where I could see the kids at all times unless I was right with them. TIA

What does always enclosed mean? I have camped quite a bit throughout the years and I'm trying to visualize such an area, much less FIND one LOL. I've never seen a campsite where I could see the kids at all times unless I was right with them. TIA

Like there's a fence around it, or a wall or something ie kids can't escape easily! Mind you, I'm in England where most land is divided up and owned by different people, it's not like we're out in the wilderness or anything (we like to be able to walk to the pub!) and campsites are usually regulated here. We choose small-ish sites that aren't rammed full of caravans, just a handful of tents pitched so there's room to play ball games etc. I suppose if we went up to the highlands of Scotland and went wild camping, it would be possible for a child to wander off.

Anyway. I suppose what I'm saying is, if you have to camp somewhere where there are potential dangers (streams, lakes, rocks , mountain lions etc) it would be best to keep a super close eye on small children.

Typical English small campsite here, you can see the land is sectioned all the way to the top of the hill, it would be hard for a 2 year to get very far accidentally. I'm still in two minds about what happened to Deorr but I think he'd have been found by now if something "natural" happened, be it drowning / falling / eaten by an animal. I call foul play... so now I'm in two minds about whodunnit.

Most frustrating case ever!

Malham_Campsite.jpg

Typical English small campsite here, you can see the land is sectioned all the way to the top of the hill, it would be hard for a 2 year to get very far accidentally. I'm still in two minds about what happened to Deorr but I think he'd have been found by now if something "natural" happened, be it drowning / falling / eaten by an animal. I call foul play... so now I'm in two minds about whodunnit.

Most frustrating case ever!

attachment.php

Cool, it looks like a sheep farm. :)

Like there's a fence around it, or a wall or something ie kids can't escape easily! Mind you, I'm in England where most land is divided up and owned by different people, it's not like we're out in the wilderness or anything (we like to be able to walk to the pub!) and campsites are usually regulated here. We choose small-ish sites that aren't rammed full of caravans, just a handful of tents pitched so there's room to play ball games etc. I suppose if we went up to the highlands of Scotland and went wild camping, it would be possible for a child to wander off.

Anyway. I suppose what I'm saying is, if you have to camp somewhere where there are potential dangers (streams, lakes, rocks , mountain lions etc) it would be best to keep a super close eye on small children.

The main thing that is hard to comprehend for me as a Brit is the sheer size vs population of Idaho and the mountains and being thousands of feet above sea level etc.

Idaho is 1.5 times the size of England with a population of just 1.6 million. My "Shire" is just 832 sq miles and has a population of just under a million. Idaho is over 83,000 sq miles!

Sorry if this post is too off-topic but just wanted to emphasis just how vast and wild Idaho is.

The main thing that is hard to comprehend for me as a Brit is the sheer size vs population of Idaho and the mountains and being thousands of feet above sea level etc.

Idaho is 1.5 times the size of England with a population of just 1.6 million. My "Shire" is just 832 sq miles and has a population of just under a million. Idaho is over 83,000 sq miles!

Sorry if this post is too off-topic but just wanted to emphasis just how vast and wild Idaho is.

Very true! We have the Yorkshire Moors, Dartmoor, Exmoor which are as close as we get to wilderness and are less inhabited (still couldn't go half a mile without seeing a farm or pub!). I just wouldn't choose to camp in those places, at least while the kiddies are small.

I guess I just have no concept whatsoever of why a family with a toddler would drive for hours to stay in the mountains. Seems like an odd choice.

'
Very true! We have the Yorkshire Moors, Dartmoor, Exmoor which are as close as we get to wilderness and are less inhabited (still couldn't go half a mile without seeing a farm or pub!). I just wouldn't choose to camp in those places, at least while the kiddies are small.

I guess I just have no concept whatsoever of why a family with a toddler would drive for hours to stay in the mountains. Seems like an odd choice.

People in the US and many other parts of the world make camping their favorite past time. Many camp while pregnant, with infants, with toddlers, the "elderly", and every age in between. It's as natural to us as fish and chips are to you. The people who choose to spend their vacations and free time camping at campgrounds, state parks, and national forests wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China. This family's choice to camp with a toddler and an older gentleman would certainly not be considered an odd choice by the vast majority. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627