OH OH - East Cleveland, Cuyahoga County

snip: Law enforcement sources tell Channel 3 News, that new evidence suggests a possible link between accused serial killer, Michael Madison, and human trafficking.

snip: Law enforcement sources tell Channel 3 News that investigators are not ruling out Madison’s involvement in other crimes, or that he may not have acted alone in the murders.

snip:The possibility of a link between the triple murders and this Mansfield neigbhorhood, some 85 miles away, has residents shocked and concerned.
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...ssible-connection-human-trafficking-Mansfield

Update of July 21 post

I've started a MAP. I think the info is accurate, but if anyone notes an error, please let me know. Naturally, I'll edit as new information is released.

This is the list I have so far:

12/27/2012 -- Jameela Hasan, 37, stabbed 11-15 times in the neck
03/28/2013 -- Jazmine Trotter, 20, head trauma
03/29/2013 -- Christina Malone, 45, head trauma
03/30/2013 -- Raven Freeman, 20, brutally attacked
05/29/2013 -- Ashley Leszyeski, 21, puncture wound to the throat
06/01/2013 -- Woman attacked by two men in a black Impala

Michael Madison, 35, arrested for the last three murders. The women's bodies were each in a fetal position wrapped inside plastic trash bags.
07/19/2013 -- Shirellda Terry, 18, body found in a garage near E 139th and Shaw Ave.
07/20/2013 -- Angela Deskins, 38 body found in an abandoned home near Hayden and Shaw Ave
07/20/2013 -- Shetisha Sheeley, 28, body found in a nearby field

Two More Female Bodies Found in East Cleveland

Update of July 21 post

I've started a MAP. I think the info is accurate, but if anyone notes an error, please let me know. Naturally, I'll edit as new information is released.

03/28/2013 -- Jazmine Trotter, 20, head trauma
03/29/2013 -- Christina Malone, 45, head trauma
05/29/2013 -- Ashley Leszyeski, 21, puncture wound to the throat

Michael Madison, 35, arrested for the last three murders. The women's bodies were each in a fetal position wrapped inside plastic trash bags.
07/19/2013 -- Shirellda Terry, 18, body found in a garage near E 139th and Shaw Ave.
07/20/2013 -- Angela Deskins, 38 body found in an abandoned home near Hayden and Shaw Ave
07/20/2013 -- Shetisha Sheeley, 28, body found in a nearby field

Two More Female Bodies Found in East Cleveland

Great Bessie that helps.

That second group of murders and attacks are certainly clustered. And they are close enough. Since MM's MO seems to be to attack and abduct and hold them I can only guess that maybe those, even the dead ones are failed attacks?

Now you ready to tackle Poplar St. in Mansfield Ohio? I am really curious as to why LE was looking there.
And I am curious if remains have been found there.

Great Bessie that helps.

That second group of murders and attacks are certainly clustered. And they are close enough. Since MM's MO seems to be to attack and abduct and hold them I can only guess that maybe those, even the dead ones are failed attacks?

Now you ready to tackle Poplar St. in Mansfield Ohio? I am really curious as to why LE was looking there.
And I am curious if remains have been found there.
I've added the Poplar St investigation and the Mansfield prostitution sting to the map. I'm very curious about the connection, myself, especially the biracial couple LE questioned residents about.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...01/307260011/Sheriff-breaks-prostitution-ring

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...ssible-connection-human-trafficking-Mansfield

Good pickup on the prostitution sting in Belville Bessie.

Ok so Mansfield is more than 100 miles away. So what connection could there be?

Outcry Over Cleveland's Missing Women
By Scott Bronstein and Gary Tuchman, CNN Special Investigations Unit
updated 5:46 PM EDT, Fri July 26, 2013
Cleveland police say they are doing the best they can and acknowledge their list of missing people is incomplete and difficult to keep accurate. The list does not include missing women from neighboring East Cleveland, which has a separate police department. All across both cities, posters of the missing women can be seen, especially in impoverished neighborhoods.

Minerva Tripp is one of those missing women. She vanished without a trace last August. The single mother was raising a 10-year old daughter. Minerva's two older sisters have endured months of heartache and worry, spending endless hours searching for her.

Not sure this is going to be related to the east 93rd victims which this thread started out being about but the location of this latest is not far from the same area. I still think there's things going on in this area that has yet to be realized.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The death of a 42-year-old Cleveland woman found dead inside a burning East Side home Friday has been ruled a homicide.

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's office said Davida Burns died of blunt force injuries to the head and brain with soft-tissue injuries.

The ruling confirms suspicions of Cleveland Police, after firefighters responded to and extinguished a fire in an upstairs bedroom at 3970 East 121st Street just after 5 p.m. Friday.

The firefighters then searched the rest of the home for other fires, and found Burns' body in the basement with a visible head wound.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/11/body_found_in_cleveland_fire_w.html

http://fox8.com/2013/11/19/body-found-in-suspicious-fire-identified/

Thanks, LR1. Davida was found in the vicinity of four other murders and two attacks. I've added her to the list here and the map. I agree with you. Something's up.

Update of July 21 post

03/28/2013 -- Jazmine Trotter, 20, blunt force head trauma, strangulation
03/29/2013 -- Christine Malone, 45, blunt force head trauma, strangulation
05/29/2013 -- Ashley Leszyeski, 21, puncture wounds to the head and throat, hand missing, facial burns
11/16/2013 -- Davida Burns, 42, blunt force head trauma

07/19/2013 -- Shirellda Terry, 18, body found in a garage near E 139th and Shaw Ave., strangled
07/20/2013 -- Angela Deskins, 38 body found in an abandoned home near Hayden and Shaw Ave, undetermined
07/20/2013 -- Shetisha Sheeley, 28, body found in a nearby field, strangled

A long delayed thank you for that map bessie, I like it.

It looks like they arrested 2 for Davidas murder back in Jan. I presume they're awaiting trial.

And from April in the Jazmine Trotter case, no charges brought that I've seen but,

Investigators were checking phone records of a man already awaiting trial for another murder. Records show the man worked at the same temp agency as Jazmine Trotter, lived near there, and was “very attentive” to news stories about the case.

I'm wondering how many of these guys one city can possibly have.

A long delayed thank you for that map bessie, I like it.

It looks like they arrested 2 for Davidas murder back in Jan. I presume they're awaiting trial.

And from April in the Jazmine Trotter case, no charges brought that I've seen but,

Investigators were checking phone records of a man already awaiting trial for another murder. Records show the man worked at the same temp agency as Jazmine Trotter, lived near there, and was “very attentive” to news stories about the case.

I'm wondering how many of these guys one city can possibly have.

Thanks for posting the articles about Jazmine and Davida. I saw them awhile back, and updated the map,but I've been kind of holding off on posting here while waiting for some news.

I thought it was interesting that the guy who killed Michaela Diemer also met her through a temp agency. But after digging a little deeper, I don't think there's a connection.

The big question is in regard to the POI in Jazmine's case. If they're looking at the right guy, is he also responsible for the murders of Christine Malone and Ashley Leszyeski, since they seem to be connected by time, distance and circumstances? And what about the two women who were attacked and survived?

Apparently, Cleveland has more than it's share of sex killers: Rembert (Hall), Hillman (Diemer), Powell (Burns) and Welch (Burns) are the latest names, and don't include the yet unknown name(s) of the East 93rd Street killer(s). I have a hunch there might have been two who sometimes worked together.

Thanks for posting the articles about Jazmine and Davida. I saw them awhile back, and updated the map,but I've been kind of holding off on posting here while waiting for some news.

I thought it was interesting that the guy who killed Michaela Diemer also met her through a temp agency. But after digging a little deeper, I don't think there's a connection.

The big question is in regard to the POI in Jazmine's case. If they're looking at the right guy, is he also responsible for the murders of Christine Malone and Ashley Leszyeski, since they seem to be connected by time, distance and circumstances? And what about the two women who were attacked and survived?

Apparently, Cleveland has more than it's share of sex killers: Rembert (Hall), Hillman (Diemer), Powell (Burns) and Welch (Burns) are the latest names, and don't include the yet unknown name(s) of the East 93rd Street killer(s). I have a hunch there might have been two who sometimes worked together.

That is the question, and if he is the guy responsible for the any of the others on 93 it tells us maybe they have no DNA from any of the crime scenes or he would have been charged by now. I'm thinking he's not the guy, unless like you suggest he had an accomplice which is definitely a possibility.

Four murders on the same street with similar crimes and victims within a few months would normally lead us to believe a single individual is responsible, but I've come to realize with Cleveland that's not necessarily a good bet given the number of offenders running around. They shouldn't be short on suspects, maybe its just taking a while to sort through them all.

I also just wanted to say that your list of missing/murdered Cleveland/East Cleveland women is FAR from exhaustive. Over the years, being in the Cleveland area, I have read about so many missing (but mostly murdered) women that it is ridiculous! LE got Anthony Sowul and Michael Madison, but there have GOT TO BE SEVERAL OTHERS.

That's not the only problem Cleveland has right now. There are so many murders of men that occur almost daily. MOST RECENTLY, it has been a spate of murdered children shot on the streets of Cleveland. All in the last two months: a five month old, a three year old, a ten year old.... I think there was a five year old too... it goes on and on.

I say many prayers for all these people. :(

I also just wanted to say that your list of missing/murdered Cleveland/East Cleveland women is FAR from exhaustive. Over the years, being in the Cleveland area, I have read about so many missing (but mostly murdered) women that it is ridiculous! LE got Anthony Sowul and Michael Madison, but there have GOT TO BE SEVERAL OTHERS.

That's not the only problem Cleveland has right now. There are so many murders of men that occur almost daily. MOST RECENTLY, it has been a spate of murdered children shot on the streets of Cleveland. All in the last two months: a five month old, a three year old, a ten year old.... I think there was a five year old too... it goes on and on.

I say many prayers for all these people. :(
I never said it was a complete list. It only covers the past few years. Actually, however, I've done extensive research into the Cuyahoga County unsolved female victim homicides going back to 2000, and even earlier. There are not as many as you might think. But I agree with you that the rise in recent shootings of children AND adults is very disturbing.

We have a thread on Operation Cross Country IX in the Crimes in the News forum. I posted stats for several states last night.

I never said it was a complete list. It only covers the past few years. Actually, however, I've done extensive research into the Cuyahoga County unsolved female victim homicides going back to 2000, and even earlier. There are not as many as you might think. But I agree with you that the rise in recent shootings of children AND adults is very disturbing.

We have a thread on Operation Cross Country IX in the Crimes in the News forum. I posted stats for several states last night.

Bessie, I in no way, meant any criticism of you. I have just become exasperated by the situation in Cleveland :(

Bessie, I in no way, meant any criticism of you. I have just become exasperated by the situation in Cleveland :(
No worries. I understand where you're coming from. I feel the same way about the situation in NOLA where I live.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back