Found Alive OH - Rainn Peterson, 2, North Bloomfield, 2 Oct 2015 - #2

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Rainn Peterson
rainn-peterson.jpg

Police searching for missing toddler
"Trumbull County authorities are searching for a two-year-old girl, who went missing at approximately 7:30 p.m. Friday.

Rainn Peterson was reported missing by her grandparents. She was wearing a purple long sleeved shirt, gray pants and multi-colored pink and lime green shoes.
Trumbull County 911 Supervisor Eric Luketic said Rainn was last seen at 7759 State Route 45 in North Bloomfield."

http://wkbn.com/2015/10/02/police-searching-for-missing-toddler/

Thread #1

21WFMJNews ‏@21WFMJNews 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING NEWS: Searchers found Rainn Peterson alive in a field. The two year old who was missing since Friday is on her way to the hospital

NORTH BLOOMFIELD, Ohio -
Authorities tell 21 News Reporter Janet Rogers that two-year-old Rainn Peterson has been found and is alive.

Searchers found the child in field after 6:30 p.m Sunday.

She was found near Peck Leach Road, about a half mile away from her great grandparent's home.

Investigators say the little girl is cold and being taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

Rainn has been missing since Friday evening when she disappeared from her great grandparent's Route 45 home.

-snip

http://www.wfmj.com/story/30183002/searchers-find-rainn-peterson-alive

REMINDER ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS, e.g., FACEBOOK and TWITTER

ALLOWED - Public Pages

Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

[video=twitter;651484610719809540]https://twitter.com/WKYCAndrewH/status/651484610719809540[/video]

So mods, does this mean we can discuss it now???? Pleeeease?

As is the usual rule, you may absolutely discuss what is printed in the Main Stream Media about the case players. Everything regarding child protective involvement and arrests of Brandi that has been covered in MSM is open for discussion.

You may not go digging up every jaywalking or traffic ticket the woman ever got. You may discuss those items in the press and that is all.

Remember, she is still not a suspect in any crime relating to Rainn's disappearance and LE has not indicated that a crime has been committed. So you may NOT sleuth her social media.

Thanks for checking!

Oh my goodness I saw this story on the news last night and my heart broke thinking of that poor little baby alone in a field. I have been checked out of MSM for a few days and missed the whole story. Is there a page with bullet points (or could somebody provide me with them?). What happened that this child went missing? I am SO happy to know she is alive.

Rainn Peterson Case Archive has everything from the beginning.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Rainn Peterson -OH-?sort=6&page=1

Please continue discussion here.

Confusion
user-online.png
Verified Outsider

Join DateJul 2012Posts3,459​

I'm hoping this will just be a few quick comments, but I do have a tendency to ramble.

First I'd like to ask for a link to the MSM confirmation that the custody hearing was already scheduled before Rainn went missing. I seem to have missed it, and I know that under conditions like these hearings can be scheduled very quickly. TIA to whoever provides it.​

^^^ From old thread.

Hard to find that info unless someone in the know (an official) is now going to give it to MSM. Public record apparently is not always public record. None of it can be found on the TCFC docket.

Pssst. I think Rainn's last name is misspelled in the header. :therethere:

can you guys tell I am busy with kiddos tonight? Sorry bout that, all fixed now.

:blush:

Great news! All parties involved support the plan for GGP's custody of Rainn

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/2015/10/06/grandparents-given-custody-of-missing-toddler/73475628/

At the Trumbull County Family Court Center, the girl's mother, Brandi Peterson, met with attorneys, a judge and her own grandparents to discuss a plan.

They agreed that temporary custody should go to Rainn's great-grandparents, Richard and Dora Mae Peterson.

"They've been cleared of any negligent responsibility in the situation," said Tim Schaffner, executive director of Trumbull County Children's Services. "Mom agrees, dad agrees, mom will stay involved, children's services will stay involved."

Rainn is still in the hospital being treated for severe diaper rash, but is expected to go home in a couple of days. Mom will have visitation rights. I'm sure they're planning a great homecoming party for her!

can you guys tell I am busy with kiddos tonight? Sorry bout that, all fixed now.

:blush:

What? Kiddos are soooooo easy! I can do calculus, highlight my hair, make beef wellington and write the great American novel all before 8 a.m. with 6 kids in tow.

Geez. ;)

:tyou::cupcake:

Here's the WEWS news report on the outcome of the custody hearing. The reporter states that the GGP's had custody of all 3 of Brandi Peterson's children before Rainn went missing and, for now, will still retain custody.

He also notes that the judge declared that all parties involved were cleared of any negligence in Rainn's disappearance.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/rainn-petersons-mother-and-great-grandparents-will-both-request-custody-of-2-year-old

IANAL, but it seems the judge wouldn't be able to render that opinion and decision without approval from law enforcement.

Here's the WEWS news report on the outcome of the custody hearing. The reporter states that the GGP's had custody of all 3 of Brandi Peterson's children before Rainn went missing and, for now, will still retain custody.

He also notes that the judge declared that all parties involved were cleared of any negligence in Rainn's disappearance.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/rainn-petersons-mother-and-great-grandparents-will-both-request-custody-of-2-year-old

IANAL, but it seems the judge wouldn't be able to render that opinion and decision without approval from law enforcement.

The actual quote is :

Schaffner also said no one involved was found to be negligent in the child's disappearance.

I take that to mean no one involved in the custody proceedings was found to be negligent. That does not mean that someone not directly involved in the custody battle wasn't involved.

The article also confirms that Rainn and her siblings were already in the custody of the great grahdparents, despite the fact that Brandi claimed she had "full custody of both" (nice math, Brandi) of her kids. :rolleyes:

I still find it awfully hinky that this happened right before the court custody hearing.

It would take a lot more than Brandi's word to convince me otherwise.

JMO, MOO, IMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back