"Do the Dew" takes on a whole new meaning

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
mountain_dew1.jpg

A convenience store worker has admitted urinating into a soda bottle, causing a customer who drank from it to become violently ill, his bosses say.

Publix officials confirmed to Local 6 News that an employee urinated in a Mountain Dew bottle and put it on the store shelves at the Publix-owned Pix convenience store located off Howland in Deland, Fla.

Publix Super Markets spokesman Dwaine Stevens said the accused employee was suspended after the company learned of the incident this week. An internal investigation is being completed.

Lab tests done by Publix on the contaminated Mountain Dew confirmed the soda contained urine, Stevens said.

The supermarket giant owns the Pix chain. "It is an isolated incident done by one of our associates," Stevens said. "Whatever measure is necessary, it will be executed and the employee will be dealt with."

Publix has not filed a criminal complaint but the option has not been ruled out, Stevens said.

The victim, a foreman with a Daytona Beach construction company, became suspicious of the drink after he chugged the beverage last week, his attorney, Daniel Newlin, said

http://www.local6.com/news/4970233/detail.html

Casshew said:
mountain_dew1.jpg

A convenience store worker has admitted urinating into a soda bottle, causing a customer who drank from it to become violently ill, his bosses say.
Cass: It appears between the Postal Workers and the Convenience store workers, bathrooms are not provided for those who need to PEE!:rolleyes:

Cans and Coffee Pots appear to be the method of choice.

It will be "executed"? Maybe the problem was incompetent supervision.

Nova said:
It will be "executed"? Maybe the problem was incompetent supervision.
That would be my guess. Isn't it strange how an incident like that would never take place at a family owned store, well, almost never. Especially a good one. This is the problem. Kids working at Jack-In-The-Box pee in the secret sauce. It's funny because their family, or them, isn't humiliated or financially harmed by the "joke." But someone's is...I don't know the answer to this, but it has to do with personal values and, well, how you were brought up...mpi

All I know is I read this thread earlier yesterday. When I bought a bottle of Mt Dew in the evening, I found myself examining the seal!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back