Identified! OR - Lincoln County - Human remains, Sept 2005 - Marilyn Pruitt

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
As of press deadlines, law enforcement officials were still trying to identify two out of the three bodies found in Lincoln County.

Officials also were waiting for autopsy results before announcing whether the deaths were considered suspicious.

Salishan spit
Last Friday around 11 a.m., partial human remains were discovered on the west side of the Salishan spit by a beachcomber, said Sgt. Scott Lorimor of the Oregon State Police in Newport. It is unclear if the remains were male or female, and they appeared to have been in the water for an extensive period of time, he said.

Waldport

On Sunday at approximately 8:10 p.m., two women walking on a beach in Waldport

discovered a clothed body, Lorimor said.

There was no identification, and it appeared the body had been in the water less than one week, according to police.

http://www.thenewsguard.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=3014

I saw in the paper yesterday that they have ID'd the body from Waldport and are looking for more info

WALDPORT — The Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office in Portland has identified the person whose body was found Sunday evening on the beach about three miles south of Waldport.

Oregon State Police investigators are now seeking the public's help in determining the cause of death of Marilyn K. Pruitt, 40, of Rockaway, according to a news release.

http://www.gtconnect.com/articles/2005/09/14/news/oregon/wedore03.txt

Wow! Took me back for a minute. I used to live in Waldport. ;) Many, many years ago.

FWIW, it's not unusal for people walking along the beach to have 'sneak' waves come up and catch you off guard. They're always telling people to be very cautious walking along there.

Beautiful place.

JMHO
fran

PS. OT...As a matter of fact, my daughter is going to take her little girl there in a couple of weeks and show her where she grew up.........fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back