UNSOLVED FL - Indian River Co, off US 1, Skeletal Remains, Oct'15

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
http://www.wpbf.com/news/human-remains-found-in-wooded-area/35681884

Indian River County Sheriff's Office spokesman Thomas Raulen said deputies were alerted to the body in a wooded area near U.S. 1 and Roseland Road around 10 a.m. Tuesday after a shocked Publix employee called 911. More at above link...

There are reports that the homeless man was using the skull as a puppet at Publix. Seriously??

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/fla-man-brings-human-skull-publix/nnxwy/

Any updates? I am interested in this please.

Bumping this. My father, Noel Garrett Beckman, who was homeless, is missing, since May 2O15. He was from Indian River County, but was living homeless in the next county to the south, Saint Lucie County. I am not close with my father, and did not know he was missing until January 2O16. I did file a missing persons report with the Saint Lucie/Fort Pierce police. Have not heard much since. Still trying to get his case into NAMUS, which I have entered all of his info into NAMUS, and case number, but it has still not been publicly published on NAMUS yet. :/

I have a very hard time making phone calls, I have a severe social anxiety disorder, leaving my house is difficult for me most days. :(
But I hope to soon get the courage to contact police in Indian River county to see what I can find out about this body. I just do not know how long this may take for me. :(

My dad has been in and out of prison most of his adult life, and i was told by a detective I did not need to give a DNA sample because it "should" be on file since he was in prison.

Today, a husband and wife who are longtime friends with my father, and had allowed my dad to live with them for several months, told me they ran into a homeless lady the other day who they recognized as a friend of my father's, and they asked her if she had seen Noel because he was missing. She told them she "knew exactly what happened to Noel" and the story is that Her and her husband, a guy named "Mike" were doing drugs with Noel in a wooded area in either the Vero Beach or Sebastian florida area, and she says my dad "overdosed and died" and her husband got scared and told her they had to leave him there. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons, I don't know the name of this "Mike" guy's wife. Just that she is a blonde woman older than 4O.

Equestrianista, what a hard thing to go through! Hoping you find the courage to look into this and see if it really could be your father, as painful as that is. I didn't see it listed in NamUs, Doe Network orr even in Florida unidentified. So, it really may begin with you asking questions. Wishing you all the best as you reach out for some hard answers.

These remains are mentioned in an article about other human remains found near Sebastian, and it sounds like they have been identified. I couldn't find other confirmation though.

Investigators in Sebastian continue uncovering bones north of cemetery

Deputies said there is no indication at this time that the remains found Sunday are related to bones found less than a mile north near the corner of Roseland Road and U.S. 1 in October 2015.

A homeless man walked into the Riverwalk Plaza at the time holding a human skull and asked a maintenance worker to call the Sheriff's Office.

The rest of the skeleton was discovered later and was determined to be that of another homeless man who lived at a camp in a wooded area near the intersection, Flowers said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back