Mother finds 6 yo with gun

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
THE mother of six-year-old Jack Duford, got the shock of her life last Friday, on the walk home from Ascot Heath Infants School.

Nearing their house in New Road, she turned to find Jack armed with a gun!

Jade Duford said: "There had been a water leak in the road, outside our house, so the workmen had dug a huge hole, then went home.

"I heard Jack saying that he has found a gun. I did what most mums would do, and just said,

'Don't be silly', turned around and he was standing there with a rifle.

But the day was about to get even more dramatic when Jade called the police to seek advice: "They said to get everyone in the house. Then we had a visit from the Armed Response Unit, complete with bullet-proof vests.

Winkfield gun expert Alan C Crewe, gunmaker for Cogswell and Harrison, has identified the rifle as a Martini-Henry and says it could date back to 1875.

Winkfield gun expert Alan C Crewe, gunmaker for Cogswell and Harrison, has identified the rifle as a Martini-Henry and says it could date back to 1875.

Michael Caine beat back the Zulus at Rorke's Drift with the same type of weapon in the film, Zulu.

Local historian Ruth Timbrell believes the gun might have been used for educational purposes after a career as an army rifle.

She explained: When I was researching my book, the Winkfield Chronicles, I found that, after the Great War, there were many surplus guns which were given to schools.

"A Mr Cleverly told me he remembers seeing the cupboard full of guns at Winkfield School. Shooting was part of a boy's education."
http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/...fter-boy-finds-rifle-in-street-name_page.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back