TX - David Stevens, 53, killed in random machete attack, Dallas, 12 Oct 2015

Sonya610

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-dallas-creek-jogger-slain-article-1.2394477

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/1...jogger-to-death-in-dallas-park/?intcmp=hplnws

A former Texas A&M football player as been identified by police as the machete murderer who hacked a jogger to death on a trail Monday, to the horrifying witness of a passing cyclist.

The slashing victim was not carrying identification at the time of the attack. He has only been identified as a white male, police said.

"It appears that Mr. Johnson picked this victim at random. It's absolutely random. He just attacked him. He told our homicide detectives that he was angry about a situation and he just picked somebody to murder," Dallas police Deputy Chief Rob Sherwin told KXAS-TV.

Stunningly, Brandon told the station he saw 6-7 blows as he rode by the attack allegedly carried out by the 2012 A&M dropout.

article-creek-4-1012.jpg

"He just attacked him. He told our homicide detectives that he was angry about a situation and he just picked somebody to murder. I believe there's more to that story. It's just very unusual. It's quite shocking."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-former-texas-am-wr-to-be-charged-with-murder

Former Texas A&M football player Thomas Linze Johnson was out of football and out of his home.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...-in-northeast-dallas-suspect-in-custody.html/

But last year, Johnson was arrested on three charges — evading arrest, burglary of a habitation and auto theft — in Dallas County. He allegedly broke into his aunt’s house and stole her minivan and money.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/missing-texas-am-player-found/
November 15th, 2012

There were three other strange murders within 3 miles of the same park last night.

A beautiful 18 year old girl found murdered in her minivan near her home, and two women found shot to death in their house.

Police say the football player is not a suspect in the 18 year old's death.

If I lived in that neighborhood I would be a bit on edge.

Pic of 18 year old victim:

zoehastings_facebook

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...2-separate-white-rock-lake-area-homicides.ece

Two days after snagging three key catches in a stunning 29-24 win over top-ranked Alabama on Nov. 10 in Tuscaloosa, Ala., Johnson simply disappeared an hour before an A&M practice. His cell phone went straight to voicemail, and two days later his mother pleaded through tears in her front yard and in front of TV cameras for the safe return of her son.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/c...to-Thomas-Johnson-He-shall-return-5379795.php
May 8, 2014

Johnson, who apparently left College Station on his own accord, never returned to A&M.

Two days after snagging three key catches in a stunning 29-24 win over top-ranked Alabama on Nov. 10 in Tuscaloosa, Ala., Johnson simply disappeared an hour before an A&M practice. His cell phone went straight to voicemail, and two days later his mother pleaded through tears in her front yard and in front of TV cameras for the safe return of her son.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/c...to-Thomas-Johnson-He-shall-return-5379795.php
May 8, 2014

Johnson, who apparently left College Station on his own accord, never returned to A&M.

Starting to sound like yet another killer with untreated mental illness. Maybe we should restrict access to machetes.

Starting to sound like yet another killer with untreated mental illness. Maybe we should restrict access to machetes.

Funny, Just last evening I said to hubby, If I had a choice I would take the bullet versus the knife, thank you very much. jmo idk

Funny, Just last evening I said to hubby, If I had a choice I would take the bullet versus the knife, thank you very much. jmo idk

I completely agree! Plus machete attacks are particularly horrifying, if folks have seen photos of the victims they won't soon forget it. Huge open cuts clear through to the bone.

May 8, 2014

Wow This guy is definitely mentally ill. If he does that when he gets mad then he needs to be locked up and isolated.

This is the type of person that will be a danger to other inmates. I am very concerned that he will be sent to a normal jail and get a cellmate. One day he will get mad at his cellmate and bad things will happen.

I hope LE realizes he cannot be with other cellmates. He is a real danger.

I think when somebody's wanting to kill, they just use whatever they have access to.
But I agree, I'd prefer a bullet to a hacking or blunt force beating

I would not doubt he has been in trouble before.. He probably has an extensive record and has been " protected" because he plays football. He exemplifies the current version of the " scholar athlete " no doubt about it.

The aunt that he robbed in the past said he has given the family trouble for quite some time. I'm betting that he's a drug user and that caused him to lose his scholarship, football, future, get booted out of the family home, etc... and he sits around all day stewing on how it's all not his fault, how everyone is against him, how he needs to get back at the man, the system, etc, and this is the result.

I think when somebody's wanting to kill, they just use whatever they have access to.

Machetes are not easy to conceal. Sounds like he decided he wanted to hack someone up so he went to the park and waited for the right "random" passerby.

I agree - and if he didn't have access to a machete he may have used a rock. Maybe we could ban rocks.

A guy like that does have a lot of options for killing. He is super strong and probably can run really fast. It would be hard to stop someone like him no matter what he used. Most killers aren't in good physical shape so a gun does the trick. Quick, easy.

Updated: Police say former Texas A&M receiver randomly hacked jogger to death in Dallas
Tristan Hallman -- Dallas Morning News
Published: October 12, 2015 11:13 am

Thomas Johnson was angry Monday about his situation in life, police said.

The former Skyline High School Raiders star and Texas A&M was out of football and out of his home. And police say he took out his rage on a jogger he hacked to death at random Monday morning in northeast Dallas.

Authorities said Johnson, 21, admitted to detectives that he used a “large bladed knife” to kill the unidentified jogger just before 8 a.m. on the White Rock Creek Trail.

“It appears Mr. Johnson picked this victim at random. Absolutely random,” Deputy Chief Rob Sherwin said. “He just attacked him. … It’s just very unusual. It’s quite shocking.”

[...]
Police said Johnson told dispatchers that there was a man on the trail “laying down with a sword in his head and not moving.”

[...]
When police showed up, Johnson allegedly told an officer, “I need to talk to you.”

Johnson, who had blood on his pants, told the officer, “I just committed capital murder,” according to an arrest warrant affidavit. He repeated the sentence.

The officer asked what he meant. Police said Johnson replied, “It’s like when you don’t wake up.”

Former college football star accused of killing jogger at random
CBS Insider - Dallas
October 13, 2015 11:11 A.M.

[...]
Thomas Johnson, 21, has been charged with murder in Monday morning murder of the jogger, whose name has not been released. Police say after Johnson killed the victim, who was running along the tree-lined White Rock Creek Trail in Dallas, Johnson walked to the nearby equestrian center and called 911.

[...]
Police said the victim wasn't carrying any identification. He's described as a white male who could be in his mid 20's or 30's.

Police: Fatal machete attack on White Rock trail random
Jason Whitely, WFAA 10:18 p.m. CDT October 12, 2015

[...]
Multiple people witnessed the murder and called police. Officers responded to the trail near 8500 Walnut Hill Lane within minutes.

After riding to a safe distance and warning another jogger and second bicyclist, Davenport said he called 911."I see a silhouette of a man raising a machete up over his head and down over his head," said a witness who didn't want to be named. "I probably saw six or seven blows."

So, the killer goes to a well used running/bike trail in the morning to get a random victim? Very strange indeed.

So, the killer goes to a well used running/bike trail in the morning to get a random victim? Very strange indeed.

Strange is right. Scary too. Wasn't there a serial killer who did the same sort of thing?

Strange is right. Scary too. Wasn't there a serial killer who did the same sort of thing?
Maybe the Zodiac killer? He attacked couples usually in public parks I think? He had a lot more going on than this guy..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back