CA CA - Los Angeles Co., WhtFem Skeletal UP14870, >25, on Mt Baldy, Oct'15

Here is a missing girl from nearby Pomona:

http://www.missingin.org/reg10352/katherine_rose_vance.htm

Last seen alive: April 17, 2015

Circumstances: Per law enforcement - The child was last seen at her residence at approx. 2300 hrs. Her boyfriend had phoned a friend earlier in the evening requesting the friend allow the missing person to stay with the friend. Friend's mom said, 'No'. All individuals that have been interviewed are cooperative.
First Name: Katherine Rose
Middle Name: Rose
Last Name: Vance
Details

Age When Last Known Alive: 13

Namus and sketch

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14870

Heather Cameron?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Redding-18-Aug-2012&highlight=heather+cameron

A couple options. Interested in other's opinions on these...

Katherine Saleeby
Missing Person Case
I'm not too sure how long it takes a body to fully decompose to skeletal remains but alot about her face seems to match the sketch (her face seems a bit more slender and nose a bit more bulbous at the end) but the bridge of the nose, forehead ,chin ,cheek bones, eye shape, all seem pretty similar. Also, Santa Ana is only about an hour from Mt. Baldy.

Rebecca Reynolds
Missing Person Case
She would have been 30 at the time, I know the remains say 25 (strange why there isn't a range when just a skull and few bones were found?) Some similar features.

Martha Anaya
Missing Person Case
Facial similarities are pretty striking.

Elvia Hernandez
Missing Person Case
Eyes are so similar but disance between is a bit different. From Wasco but was in LA at time.

Last edited:

Katherine Saleeby
Missing Person Case
I'm not too sure how long it takes a body to fully decompose to skeletal remains but alot about her face seems to match the sketch (her face seems a bit more slender and nose a bit more bulbous at the end) but the bridge of the nose, forehead ,chin ,cheek bones, eye shape, all seem pretty similar. Also, Santa Ana is only about an hour from Mt. Baldy.

Snipped by me

In a reconstruction, the end of the nose is always approximate.

The width is more of a question. If it's weight, then it's approximate, but if it's bone structure, it's a major difference. Saleeby clearly has a narrow face but I can't tell if the reconstruction is supposed to have a wide face or if it's just depicting someone with more weight through the jowls.

Snipped by me

In a reconstruction, the end of the nose is always approximate.

The width is more of a question. If it's weight, then it's approximate, but if it's bone structure, it's a major difference. Saleeby clearly has a narrow face but I can't tell if the reconstruction is supposed to have a wide face or if it's just depicting someone with more weight through the jowls.

Thanks for the info, I'm still learning how to compare to a sketch -- what to look at closely (and what is subjective by artist). Now that I'm reviewing the dates, I'm thinking it's probably unlikely that it's Saleeby. NamUs says the bones are "years" old and she was only missing for three months when the remains were found.

What are your thoughts on the last two women I listed? I feel their facial features are pretty similar.

Also, NamUs says the remains are Caucasian but that sketch sure looks Latino/Hispanic or Native American. Could that also just be the artists take?

Sumi's case is still pending and in my queue.

I definitely see the facial similarities! The location she went missing is a pretty good distance away from where the remains were found but not outside the realm of possibilities. I wonder what the hold up is on her case going live on NamUs?

Katherine Saleeby
Missing Person Case

Rebecca Reynolds
Missing Person Case
She would have been 30 at the time, I know the remains say 25 (strange why there isn't a range when just a skull and few bones were found?) Some similar features.

Martha Anaya
Missing Person Case
Facial similarities are pretty striking.

Elvia Hernandez
Missing Person Case
Eyes are so similar but disance between is a bit different. From Wasco but was in LA at time.
Would submit them all, none of them are listed as ruleouts and there's so little to go on with Jane Doe's skeletal remains.

I ended up submitting Martha Anaya and she's now been ruled out.

The exclusion is listed on Anaya's MP profile but not on the Mt. Baldy Jane Doe's. Not sure why it's not on both.

Each LE agency updates their own, so it'll have to wait until the LA county medical examiner's office gets around to it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back