Sex Male
Probable year of death 1973 to 1974

Hair color Brown

Address 1 Buena Vista & Circle Avenue
City Mill Valley
State California
County Marin
Circumstances
Hiker found skeletonized human remains in Mill Valley of what is believed to be a young child. Human hair was found with the remains.

Clothing with body
Green windbreaker with hood, green and white stripped knit-type shirt (both children's size)
Jewelry: Red lady bug 1/2 inch stick pin

DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11847

Sad little case. I wonder why his exact age at the time he went missing is unknown. It doesn't say whether he wandered away or was abducted, that I could find.

I would like to comment about this situation:

The information on the website NamUs is incorrect as entered by the current detective. Gary was last seen BEFORE April 3rd, 1974.
He was taken out of school on that date, but he was not alive on that date.

He was beaten to death by his mother while his father watched/participated. His body was then disposed of in the AZ desert on property they owned.

Gary has been missing and his twin Jerry has tried to get the police to find his missing twin since 1994. They stopped looking even though the oldest brother TOLD THEM where to look for the body.

The mother is still alive, the father has died already. They have gotten away with a horrific crime & hopefully the state of AZ will make it right and find Gary in November this year. They are planning to search.

The DNA submitted isn't from Gary's remains. It is from his brothers & mother. There are no remains to compare to as yet.

I will update if we find his remains.

I would like to comment about this situation:

The information on the website NamUs is incorrect as entered by the current detective. Gary was last seen BEFORE April 3rd, 1974.
He was taken out of school on that date, but he was not alive on that date.

He was beaten to death by his mother while his father watched/participated. His body was then disposed of in the AZ desert on property they owned.

Gary has been missing and his twin Jerry has tried to get the police to find his missing twin since 1994. They stopped looking even though the oldest brother TOLD THEM where to look for the body.

The mother is still alive, the father has died already. They have gotten away with a horrific crime & hopefully the state of AZ will make it right and find Gary in November this year. They are planning to search.

The DNA submitted isn't from Gary's remains. It is from his brothers & mother. There are no remains to compare to as yet.

I will update if we find his remains.

Very sad case. Thanks for the updates and good luck with LE searches at the AZ location.

1970s Phoenix cold case gets new lead

http://www.kpho.com/story/30544933/1970s-cold-case-gets-a-new-lead

The Maricopa County Sheriffs Office recently received a tip about a 6- or 7-year-old child who went missing in north Phoenix back in 1974. The latest tip took investigators to a home where investigators dug up some of the backyard in hopes of finding evidence of the missing boy.

The detectives searched for two hours Sunday morning but came up empty-handed. While this tip didn't pan out, Arpaio said detectives will continue to follow up on any future leads.

Babysitter: Missing boy was beaten and abused

Wolf said that Hose's mother would instruct her to leave the child, and his twin brother Jerry, locked in their room with no food or water.

"I wasn't allowed to let them out," Wolf said. "I wasn't even allowed to go in their room, but you can't just sit there and hear a child crying, because he is hungry. I couldn't do it, so I basically broke into the bedroom fed them and got them water."

"There were bruises on them," Wolf said. "I'd go home from babysitting and I would cry because I didn't like what I was seeing. That wasn't something anybody should witness."

It was only recently that Wolf learned about Gary's disappearance, more than 40 years ago.

New leads open up '74 Maricopa county cold case

But some of the victim's family members who've been waiting decades for answers took matters into their own hands and began digging at the property near Maricopa.

Deputies got wind of it. "They did find, obviously, the victim's family," Enriquez said. "They were doing some digging up themselves."

MCSO said the property belongs to the boy's mother and there appears to be disputes in the family that she might have done the unthinkable.

Cold case from 1974 revisited by family

Guy said his brother ran away and he remembers the police bringing him back home.

"I remember the last time I seen my brother here peeking around the corner, I remember seeing a couple policemen there with a lady and my brother standing there bruised all over," Guy said. "I don't really remember seeing him after that."

For years, Guy thought that his brother was placed in foster care and that he was in a better home, but years later it turned out that never happened. Since the 1990s they have tried desperately to figure out what happened to him.

76091176_Still.jpg

Charley Project

hose_gary.jpg

Above: Gary, circa 1974

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: April 30, 1974 from Phoenix, Arizona
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Height and Weight: 4'0, 60 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Gary was last seen in Phoenix, Arizona on April 30, 1974. He has never been heard from again.

In November 2015, Gary's older brother, Guy, brought a backhoe to the property in Maricopa, Arizona where they'd lived in 1974. It's still owned by Gary's mother. He started digging, looking for clues as to the child's disappearance, but the county sheriff's department stopped him because he was trespassing. Authorities dug on the Maricopa property and in the backyard of a house in north Phoenix which had once been owned by Gary's mother, but they found nothing. Gary's family believes the key to his disappearance can be found at the Maricopa property.

Gary's case received media attention as a result of the digs and his former babysitter came forward. She hadn't realized until then that Gary was missing. The babysitter said Gary was beaten and abused and, when she babysat the Hose children, their mother instructed her to lock Gary and his twin brother alone in their room with no food or water. At the time, the babysitter told her mother about this and her mother called the police, but the children were not removed from the home. Guy confirmed that he and his siblings, the twins most of all, were abused by both their parents. He stated that, when he was eight years old and his family moved away from the house Gary disappeared from, he asked his parents where his brother was and they told him to never mention Gary's name again.

Gary's mother has not been publicly identified or named as a suspect in his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.

Cadaver dogs called in on 41-year-old cold case

Guy and Jerry Hose recently hired a private investigator to continue searching for clues. New information led investigators once again to search the home using ground penetrating radar. Just like before, they came up with nothing.

However, the family was determined to make sure that Gary wasn't buried somewhere on the property. They brought in three cadaver dogs who are searching the home inside and out. So far they haven't come up with anything. Despite the setback, the family will continue to search for answers.

"Minus the details, we know what happened to him and who did it, and the fact that one of them has already passed away and the other looks like she will get away with it - it's very heartbreaking to me," Guy Hose said.

Psychic aiding in 1970s cold case disappearance

A Phoenix family has tried every avenue available to find clues into the disappearance of a 6-year-old back in 1974. They’ve even consulted with a psychic.

That psychic said the family is close to discovering what happened 41 years ago.

Guy Hose has met with Debra Martin, a psychic based in Scottsdale.

“You know, when concrete is poured, they would make sure that it is smooth. I’m seeing this as if it is rough,” Martin said.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/31972...er-for-brothers-murder-more-than-40-years-ago

An Arizona man believes his brother was murdered by their mother more than four decades ago and says he thinks he knows where he's buried.

But he tells us, investigators aren't lending any more help, since they've already dug in several locations and come up empty-handed...

Guy says his father died last year and his mother is now in a nursing home with dementia. He's afraid she'll die, never be questioned or charged and there'll never be closure.

Its a pity that the mother now has dementia as she may now be not able to tell them what she knows about Gary, even if she wanted to.

Here's a more in-depth article on the case and where the investigation stands now. It's really sad that detectives aren't pursuing this more aggressively.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/family-searches-for-missing-brother-they-say-was-murdered-by-mom-in-1974-8303336

Following two unsuccessful searches, Guy Hose, now 50, says detectives from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office have given up on finding the remains of his missing kid brother.

"The sheriff's department has already told us that Gary is not a priority — they got other cases that are more important and more current," Guy says. "My brother has been laying dead out in the desert for almost 43 years now. When is he going to get justice?"

"If they aren't going to do anything about it, why are they trying to stop us from searching for him?" Guy Hose counters. "My brother is not a piece of trash that should have been discarded in the desert. He deserves to be found."

Michael Toth, the family's private investigator, believes the lack of interest on the part of the sheriff's office boils down to money.

"They're not going to spend any more money searching for Gary. There is three acres of desert out there on that property and they only searched a sliver of it," says Toth, who has nearly two decades of law-enforcement experience. "Expense shouldn't matter in this case. There's a little boy who has been lost for 40 years. We need to find him."

The woman at fault for Gary Ray Hose's beating death died on October 29th, 2016. She was never even questioned by the authorities and allowed to languish in a cushy nursing home until she died. May her soul burn in hell forever.

The woman at fault for Gary Ray Hose's beating death died on October 29th, 2016. She was never even questioned by the authorities and allowed to languish in a cushy nursing home until she died. May her soul burn in hell forever.
I'm so sorry, thestampdoctor. I wish I could come out and lend a hand in a search. But, thanks in part to you, Gary is not -- and won't be -- forgotten. Prayers to his brothers, who remain loyal after so many years.

What happened to the property? Did I read correctly that she still owned it? Did she leave it to someone, or will it be sold?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What happened to the property? Did I read correctly that she still owned it? Did she leave it to someone, or will it be sold?

The property is still there and in limbo...we still want to have it searched. But we need help and we aren't getting any from law enforcement or anyone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back