Unidentified Female (Race Unsure)

T_Shirt.jpg
Pants.jpg

Found on October 16, 2012 at 12755 Walters Road, Houston TX 77014

Vital Statistics
Approx Age: 15 - 17 years
Height (inches) 61, Estimated
Hair: Dark Brown, Wavy to curly, approximately shoulder length
Skeletal findings: small build, bone slightly osteopenic, malformation of skull base that could represent a pathologic process.​

Clothing and Accessories
Blue-green short sleeve t-shirt (no size) . Smurfette on front with daisy and the words, "He smurfs me, he smurfs me not". Tan cargo pants, size 5. Black bra (34C), pink thong underwear, bobby pin in hair.

Body Condition:
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton - The left hand and left foot are absent, likely due to carnivore scavenging
Estimated postmortem interval 3 Weeks​

Circumstances
The body was discovered adjacent to a gated driveway approximately 20-25 feet from the side of Walters Road.​

Identifiers:
Fingerprints: Not available due to decomposition.
Dentals: Available
Comments
The crowns of teeth 3 and 14 have been destroyed by caries and the alveoli show signs of associated infection. The base of the crown and the roots are in situ. Teeth 1-2, 16-17, and 32 have been removed and the alveoli healed or the teeth did not develop.​
DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted

Thread #1

Just talked to Dr.Derrick:

"I was just in the act of emailing you. Our office did not release the approximation – it was released by the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. When viewing the approximation, please concentrate on the mid-face. The teeth are not as perfect as they appear and the hair is too light and not curly enough. The approximation also makes her look older than she is."

I was looking at the generic looking NCMEC CT-scan recon of Smurfette, and decided to liven her up a little bit.

5cdda185-23fe-4200-a6ec-795339a32bbd.jpg
078638ee-7178-4633-91b0-946ea6fe3a19.jpg

(Note that this facial reconstruction is based on the NCMEC reconstruction (above left) that was created from a CT-Scan image of her skull. This is only an estimations of how she might have looked in life. Details such as her overall look, and the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions)

Today marks the third-year anniversary of Smurfette's body being found. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her all day. I swear this girl haunts me.

I made a FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/Identify-Smurfette-692089777593140/
I'm still in the process of setting it up, but I think it's looking pretty good so far. Does anyone have any suggestions? I very rarely use FaceBook, so there might be some features and stuff that I'm missing.

Lyssav, any word of a possible first name?

Lyssav, any word of a possible first name?

Since the name was never confirmed I can go ahead and share. Sounds like they got a call from someone who believed they may have been an accquiantence of Smurfette, they gave the name "Briana" since it was never confirmed one can only assume it was an alias Smurfette used, or this accquiantence was wrong and didn't actually know Smurfette..or the name could sound similar to "Briana" but is not exact. There was only one Briana in namus to compare, and she was ruled out as she had been found safe.

Still think about Smurfette constantly❤️

Since the name was never confirmed I can go ahead and share. Sounds like they got a call from someone who believed they may have been an accquiantence of Smurfette, they gave the name "Briana" since it was never confirmed one can only assume it was an alias Smurfette used, or this accquiantence was wrong and didn't actually know Smurfette..or the name could sound similar to "Briana" but is not exact. There was only one Briana in namus to compare, and she was ruled out as she had been found safe.

Still think about Smurfette constantly❤️

Maybe "Briana" was never reported missing? Or she could have been wrong. I'm curious to hear about more elaborate details.

There arent really too many details, other than what is all over the first hundred-or so pages of the original thread. I know I've always stuck by Dr. D concerning the age of smurfette, but I'm beginning to think she could be a bit older than 17, which could be why there isn't a missing persons report that corresponds with this case

OK--really off topic. That summer '12, I went to the Belgian Comic Strip Center in Brussels (which is such a nice city BTW) and went to see the Smurfs section, that's where Smurfs were invented. It really shocked me to think that right about two months before this girl wearing a Smurfette shirt died, I was in the Smurfs museum, and she didn't know she was going to die so soon. It is so horrible!

I agree, Lyssav, that it seems she could be over 17. Since the days of Marilee Bruszer's death, technology has gotten better but it is not without its flaws.

Estefani Castro missing since June 25, 2008 from Los Angeles County, CA at the age of 15. Added to namus August 17, 2015. No DNA available. Dental are available and will be entered later(I have submitted to Dr. D)64inches tall 125lbs. Hair color and curls are spot on!!!!

image.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29871/6/

ETA: not sure if she has been mentioned on the first thread

Lorena was mentioned on the first thread post #888 by houstonmom, although I don't know that she had ever been looked into. My guess is that if she isn't in namus then she has probably been found.

attachment.php
K. Ballentine missing from Irving TX 16 years old, 4' 6", 110 lbs. No other confirmation of missing???
http://www.blackandmissinginc.com/cdad/index.cfm?MissingInfoID=770
Did u notice the red/purple streaks in child's hair?
I had a friend contact Irving PD and Kimberly B. was found alive Dec. 2011

Want to mention that we still need to watch this Kimberly to see if a DNA sample comes available. I posted about her in post 1600

TX - Kimberly Abigail Orellana, 12, Falfurrias, 9 Aug 2012

Thank you so much for that explanation! I was having a difficult time deciphering medical texts. That makes sense. That would also relate to her spinal cord...IIRC (which I very well may not) there was something up with her back I believe?? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong please.

I think she was disabled too. She had very weak bones that look like an old woman's, combined with the spinal cord. Life must never have been easy for her. RIP Smurfette.

My daughter & 2yr old grandson have it. With my daughter, she was always clumsy growing up. She would trip going up or down stairs. It wasn't until puberty that her body started attacking itself. We had no clue what was going on. She always had strep/ tonsil issues (me too); she was diagnosed with mono spring 2008 (age 15), from there had a bad year with tonsil, also fell going down steps. She didn't recover after having tonsils removed, she got very sick, lost 80lbs. We were going to Children's Hosp Philly (age 16) when my hub was DX with cancer. Thankfully my daughters health was stable for a little bit; then headaches started age 17. Her spine started giving her issues at this point, she had bad spasms that took forever to get under control. Finally found a chiro who said her ribs were popping out of place. At one point I was helping a girl with her 3yr old daughter having CM brain surgery when I went to FB groups with her, started reading, here was my daughters mystery illness. It has taken 3 years to get her diagnosed. Doctors are clueless.

There are a few decent CM doctors in Texas but it's very possible she was not diagnosed or was not having symptoms.

Today marks the third-year anniversary of Smurfette's body being found. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her all day. I swear this girl haunts me.

I made a FB page here: Identify Smurfette
I'm still in the process of setting it up, but I think it's looking pretty good so far. Does anyone have any suggestions? I very rarely use FaceBook, so there might be some features and stuff that I'm missing.

I had not seen this article that you have a screen shot of. Sounds like they're sure she's from South Texas and I wonder if she had mitochondrial disease. They really should target hospitals in those areas.

Houston 'Jane Doe' in Smurf shirt may be linked to South Texas
Staff Reports, KENS5.com 5:59 p.m. CST February 1, 2013
The type of food that she ate, the type of pollen she was exposed to are more common in the Austin and San Antonio area than they are in the Houston area, and it seems to be consistent that she may have grown up there, said Dr. Sharon Derrick with the Harris Country Institute of Forensic Sciences.

Was girl found dead in Houston from S.A.? B Sarah Tressler
Updated 9:56 pm, Friday, February 1, 2013
She's believed to be of mixed-race ancestry and 15 to 17 years old. She had a pronounced overbite and dental fillings in three lower molars.

“Recent information from the forensic scientists attached to the case made them believe she's not actually from Houston, but from Austin or San Antonio,

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back