WI WI - Aida Stoehr, 52, Beloit, 4 March 2006

giagreen

Reaction score
I'm only starting a thread for Carmella Ball because I'm not 100% sure there isn't or hasn't been a thread for any of these ladies. I've looked and looked so I don't think so.

I hope somebody is interested in this. I was bored and found all this tonight. I think this is worth looking into.

Here is something interesting I didn't know before. Three women, three years in a row were all murdered in their homes. They were all stabbed to death. All murders are still unsolved.

Carmella Ball was found murdered in her home on September 20, 2005 in Beloit, WI

Aida Storhe was found murdered in her home March 4, 2006 in Beloit, WI

Angelia Warf was found murdered I'm her home June 6, 2007 in Beloit, WI

All three murders where so close to each other its scary. I could probably walk to each house in an hours time.
http://mapfling.com/q689qhk

All three victims where found at around 4:30 am or so.

I don't know if it means anything but all three women lived with men. Two of them living with several men.

http://m.beloitdailynews.com/mobile...cle_07ab844e-6acf-50c3-b91d-c6409d0d96a0.html

"The body of Carmella Ball, 42, was found in the 900 block of Oak Street in the early morning hours Sept. 20 by a man who also lived there."

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/2423406.html?device=phone&c=y

"Police say Stoehr lived with her boyfriend and a male sub–renter."

http://m.beloitdailynews.com/mobile...cle_5906e196-0de9-57ea-9fab-979ff9dd034e.html

"Angelia M. Warf, 37, was found in her apartment at 906 Harrison Ave. by her roommate around 4:45 a.m. Neighbors say Warf was living in the house with two other men. She took the middle floor, while one man lived in the basement and another in the top floor."

http://m.beloitdailynews.com/mobile...cle_07ab844e-6acf-50c3-b91d-c6409d0d96a0.html

Then if I wanna get all crazy I could add in Brittany Zimmerman. Who was found stabbed to death in her home in 2008. She to lived with a male also. Her case might be a little different but worth checking out IMO. She only lived about an hour north of Beloit in Madison WI.

"On April 2, 2008, 21-year-old Brittany Zimmermann was found dead in her Madison apartment. She was discovered by her fiance"
http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/...5-Years-Later-201108701.html?device=phone&c=y

Police say the murders in Beloit are not linked. I dont know why they say that. They must have DNA or something cause I couldn't find a reason they wouldn't be linked.
http://www.mystateline.com/news/stateline-mysteries-beloit-unsolved-murders

I'm curious if there is an unsolved stabbing somewhere close by from 2009.

I couldn't find much more information about Aida Stoehr, except for a few interesting comments from neighbors.

DEATH OF BELOIT WOMAN CALLED MURDER
State Journal staff Mar 8, 2006

A Beloit woman was found dead early Sunday in a house she shared with her boyfriend and a renter, and police are treating her death as a murder case.

According to the Beloit Police Department, Aida Stoehr, 52, was found dead by police in a house at 1033 Central Ave. at 12:24 a.m.

Police are not releasing details about the cause of death, only that they did not find a murder weapon while searching the house. No arrests have been made, and no suspects have been named.

Neighbors remember murder victim
Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2006 12:00 am
By Jen Scherer, Daily News staff writer

Neighbors of a woman murdered in her Beloit home remember her as a nice person who walked her dog regularly and enjoyed gardening.

[...]
One Hispanic woman... said she was awakened by Stoehr's husband late Saturday/early Sunday morning. The man, who police call a live-in boyfriend, came knocking on her door looking for a phone to call police.

"We gave him the telephone so he could call,” the woman's daughter translated. "He said that someone did something to his wife.”

"She was scared because he had blood on his face,” the daughter translated. She added that Stoehr's husband was working Saturday night and had just arrived home.

[...]
Stoehr's next door neighbor, RC, ...said Stoehr didn't really come outside a lot, but he did see her regularly walking a small dog.

"Her husband is the one I saw more,” RC said, adding that he hasn't seen the man for several days.

RC said he was friendly with the people next door when they first moved in a couple years ago, both being Hispanic, but grew distant with them after he started noticing a lot of cars coming and going from the house.

He said he didn't know what they were doing, but didn't feel it was probably good. Since this happened, Casique said the traffic has stopped altogether.

[...]
[Police]have said only that there were no signs of forced entry to the home, and that no murder weapon has been found. Deputy Police Chief Norm Jacobs also said there were apparent injuries to Stoehr's body.

Stoehr lives in the house with her boyfriend and a sub-renter.

The article says Aida was originally from Puerto Rico, enjoyed spending time with her family and grandchildren, and was a member of the Foursquare Gospel Church. Her supervisor at Swiss Colony described her as a friendly, cooperative employee who loved her job in the shipping department, and was always willing to help in other areas if needed.

Then there's this:

Police say they were called to the house last September for a stabbing. Stoehr's next door neighbor JH was home when officers came by. She says, "Not so long ago, Aida's son I guess stabbed her husband or boyfriend and well that was exciting so the police came for that."

Hoople says she saw lots of people in and out of Stoehr's home and police say they're looking at all angles, including if the murder was drug-related.
http://www.wrex.com/story/8423031/beloit-police-investigate-womans-murder

Bus tickets from Beloit to Madison are like $16 round trip. I know they found DNA on Brittany Zimmerman. And that DNA matched DNA from a break in not far. I wonder if they ever ran that DNA against any DNA found at these murders. If any was found.

What's interesting about these three murders is the ages of the victims, for one thing, 37-52. There's no mention of sexual assault, though that's a possibility. In at least two cases, there was no sign of forced entry, and no weapon found at the scene.

All were found by either a boyfriend or roommate, yet none of those individuals were arrested. Normally, when the perpetrator is a domestic partner, it becomes obvious pretty soon, and either there's an arrest, or a suspect is named. That doesn't seem to have happened in any of these cases. At least as late as 2012, all three remained unsolved.

http://www.gazettextra.com/article/20120618/ARTICLES/306189994

ETA: By the way, when I was researching these cases, I came across two other murders from the Beloit area. They are thought to be connected.

WI - Crystal Lynn Soulier, 18, Beloit/Rock County, October 1996

[h=1]WI - Terryl J Stanford, 29, Beloit/Rock County, 24 August 1994[/h]

It stood out to me also that these where women who were middled aged. And from what I understand they all had pretty quiet lives. Nothing that stood out to me. They were not prostitutes or did anything to put their self's out there. They were all in the safety of their own homes.

I found Crystal's and the other girl last night. I was gonna post it when I found more time. Thanks for starting a thread.
At first with Crystal and the other girl (can't remember her name) I was thinking trucker. But as I read more I'm not so sure. I'm thinking a pervert who got off on dumping them by the naughty but nice store who lives around the area.
Its believed Crystal may have made it to Madison. Madison is so close. Then again she was taking the bus possibly and could of met someone that way. I never realized till I moved to this area people treat the bus system like the atl. And the busses are cheap and connect Chicago, Rockford, Beloit, Janesville, Madison, and Milwaukee. When I think bus I think greyhound not this.

And in regards to Zimmerman her thread is closed. But I will always be confused on who's DNA that belongs too....wth! I don't understand that. Are they saying four men broke in and nobody snitched him out? For some reason I find that so hard to believe. Where did they find the DNA. Was it somewhere a cleaning man, bartender, bouncer, customer could of left it? Or was it a homeless man who happen upon an all ready broke into bar amd got him self a drink. So weird.

Not sure why/how Brittany's thread was locked, but it's open now.

I don't want to get off topic here, but I do believe a trucker was responsible for the murders of Crystal and Tyrell. One was a prostitute from Chicago with no family or friends in Beloit, so no reason to be there. She was dumped near the bookstore -- an area known to be frequented by truckers -- but killed elsewhere. Typical trucker killer MO.

Crystal didn't want to wait for her bus. Her family thought it possible that she would have accepted a ride from a stranger. IMO, she might have decided to hitchhike.

But I will always be confused on who's DNA that belongs too....wth! I don't understand that. Are they saying four men broke in and nobody snitched him out? For some reason I find that so hard to believe. Where did they find the DNA. Was it somewhere a cleaning man, bartender, bouncer, customer could of left it? Or was it a homeless man who happen upon an all ready broke into bar amd got him self a drink. So weird.

It was DNA from one of the individuals involved in the bar burglary and you're correct, the others won't snitch him out. If they do, they might end up dead, too, or also implicate themselves in Zimmerman's murder, if they were involved. That unknown person with the DNA might also have a lot of info on their past crimes.

It was DNA from one of the individuals involved in the bar burglary and you're correct, the others won't snitch him out. If they do, they might end up dead, too, or also implicate themselves in Zimmerman's murder, if they were involved. That unknown person with the DNA might also have a lot of info on their past crimes.
That just seems unreal to me. On 48 hrs it always seems people are snitching others out regardless. Madison isn't that hard IMO. It was one of the only citys I'd have no problem walking alone at night. Then again its been a good 7 years sinse I've lived there and I always lived on the nicer side of life.
You'd think that LE would offer up a deal that if one of them gave up who the 4th person was they wouldn't charge them for past crimes. I wonder if any of these other three guys where at Brittany's house or outside waiting well she was murdered.

Anyways, I really don't want to get this thread off topic. I am so interested in Carmella's murder and how the other two murders are possibly connected. At this point I have no reason to believe they are not. I can't believe after all the digging I've done on Brittany none of the murders in Beloit ever came up for me. Idk how I missed it.

Not saying Brittany's murder is connected as there does seem to be some big difference. But it really stands out to me that Brittany was murdered in 08 and in the same way as the others. Her murder got everyone talking and all eyes where on her murder then there is no more murders. They just stop. At least not murders that fit this mo.

Also I've been thinking a lot about these Beloit murders. I need to link what els I've found which isn't much. But if they are all three connected how did the perp know these ladies would be home alone considering they seemed to all have a live in male roommate or boyfriend? How did the perp get in the house? I guess a simple knock on the door could do it. But Warf told her neighbor she was scared to go home. I'm not convinced she would have open the door to anyone she didn't know if she was scared in the first place. I think what bothers me the most is how solvable these murders seem.

Location on all three murders and Brittany stand out to me.

Here's another one that could possibly be connected. Its still unsolved. Same mo and no forced entry. Virginia is a little younger then the other victims. Location isnt the same. But still worth looking into IMO. Posting it here so I can come back to it later when I've got more time.

Virginia Bothum Hendrickson, 23, found dead June 5, 1988, near Janesville

"Her throat was slashed. Her skull was fractured. She was stabbed or slashed 35 to 40 times."

"Investigators found no sign of forced entry, and nothing appeared to be stolen."

http://janesville.www.clients.ellingtoncms.com/news/2009/aug/30/detectives-dont-give-cold-cases/

I am new here and I have been reading these cold cases. I live in a somewhat close proximity to these unsolved cases and thought I maybe able to offer some additional insight.

The cases of Crystal and Terryl were thought to be the work of a truck driver. Naughty But Nice is an adult book and novelty store that was a stop for truck drivers. It was located along I-90. I read an article years ago that these cases were sent to the FBI as part of the Highway Serial Killings Initiative. Highway Serial Killings Initiative

There are cases in the area that occurred in Winnebago County, IL that are similar to the Beloit murders.

Rockford, IL - Lottie Flowers, February 23, 2002. She was 71, found stabbed multiple times in her home. There was no forced entry. She lived with her husband and her son.

Rockford police work 35 unsolved homicides, county 19

Rockton, IL - Constance Hounsell, Dec. 27, 2008. She was 65. She was found stabbed to death in her home. There was no forced entry. She lived alone.

Rockford, IL - Kathleen Means, April 11, 2008. She was 50. She lived alone. She was found dead with multiple stab wounds in her apartment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back