AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Wynarka suitcase murder victim identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce;
her mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was also violently killed

20 October 2015

WpltXXj.jpg
mUXuad4.jpg

Khandalyce Kiara Pearce **************Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson

THE little girl whose body was found in a suitcase near Wynarka has been identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, born in Alice Springs in 2006.

Her mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson was also brutally murdered, and dumped in Belanglo State Forest south of Sydney.

A joint investigation into their deaths has now been launched by SAPOL’s Major Crime Branch and the NSW Homicide Squad.

The circumstances and place of the murders is yet to be determined, but they were last seen in late 2008 and Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s skeletal remains were found in August 2010.

SA and NSW police today revealed that the breakthrough began on October 8 when a caller to Crime Stoppers said Khandalyce was possibly the little girl in the suitcase. The caller had not seen Khandalyce or Ms Pearce-Stevenson for some time and believed they were missing.

(more at the link)
Rules Etiquette & Information

Previous Wynarka threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

Mum's Thread#1

Incredible .......

Get your sleuth'en caps on guys !!!!

Just got goosebumps.... Wos the coincidence that we named her Angel ....and her mum ends up being Belanglo 'Angel"....

Their cases are meant to be solved...

I'm going back to Paedophile ring theory!!!

So the body of the young woman presumed to be the mother was discovered in Belanglo State Forest in 2010. She was murdered in a violent manner. So someone murdered mother and daughter - I sure hope LE have a suspect in mind.

And how did her daughter come to be dumped in a suitcase years later??

I have a feeling that they knew about this link way before now, and it may be that they have an inkling of who is responsible, but just need evidence.

It doesn't take all this time to compare DNA - matching up little Angel to other unsolved cases would have been the first thing they did. So there could be more at play.

I just hope this leads somewhere and doesn't go quiet again.

My jaw dropped when I heard this - I haven't been reading the thread and hadn't considered a link.

So bizarre to think someone killed them, then dumped them years and hundreds of kilometres apart. I hope they are brought to justice soon.

My jaw dropped when I heard this - I haven't been reading the thread and hadn't considered a link.

So bizarre to think someone killed them, then dumped them years and hundreds of kilometres apart. I hope they are brought to justice soon.

1137 kms apart, in almost a straight line according to google maps. I know that the police surely would have checked them out, but this makes so much sense for them to be Chantelle and Leela McDougall (eta - clearly I was wrong about that lol)

New article just posted I'm glad there has been a breakthrough but it is very sad indeed. I hope they find out who is responsible.

"The remains of a girl found in a suitcase in South Australia have been genetically linked to the bones of a woman found in the NSW Belanglo State Forest in 2010.

Police believe the two bodies could be that of a mother and daughter after DNA tests linked the two major investigations, News Corp reports.

The bones of the young girl were found in a suitcase filled with children's clothes dumped on the side of a highway near Wynarka in South Australia in June."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ious-Belanglo-State-Forest.html#ixzz3pAEuWiu5

I have a feeling that they knew about this link way before now, and it may be that they have an inkling of who is responsible, but just need evidence.

It doesn't take all this time to compare DNA - matching up little Angel to other unsolved cases would have been the first thing they did. So there could be more at play.

I just hope this leads somewhere and doesn't go quiet again.

Oh, I hope so! The last thing we want is two cold cases for the price of one!

Wow, major news.

The Belangalo case has been unsolved for 5 years though which doesn't bring comfort.

Wow, major news.

The Belangalo case has been unsolved for 5 years though which doesn't bring comfort.

But the new case of the little girl is more promising, what with only being dumped recently

Some news sources are reporting that the girl has been identified? This tweet is from the SBS news twitter handle

Police have identified the young girl whose remains were found in a suitcase near #Wynarka @SBSNews

Wow ! I guess that explains why there were some woman's clothes in the suitcase then.
Amazing...

Police have identified body of little girl found in #Wynarka suitcase as Khandalyce Pearce and Belanglo body as mother Karlie.

ID details re #Wynarka child & her mother - Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson & Khandalyce Pearce – released by police.

https://twitter.com/SAPoliceNews

Some news sources are reporting that the girl has been identified? This tweet is from the SBS news twitter handle

Police have identified the young girl whose remains were found in a suitcase near #Wynarka @SBSNews

Yes.

"Rhiannon Elston
SBS‏@rhiannonelston

Police name young girl as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, born Alice Springs, missing from abt 2009 @SBSNews"

https://mobile.twitter.com/sbsnews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member