GUILTY NJ - Jose Ventura for incest, death of newborn, West New York, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The mummified corpse of a newborn baby girl found at the bottom of an apartment building air shaft was thrown there at least a year ago by 18-year-old Lucila Ventura, investigators said yesterday.

Ventura already faces a charge of attempted murder for allegedly throwing her newborn son down the same three-story air shaft, minutes after delivering him about 7 a.m. Tuesday. That newborn was rescued by police after residents reported hearing a baby's cries echoing through the building.

"We have evidence that she is the mother of the mummified corpse," Hudson County First Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory said. "The manner of death is homicide."
http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1126862058142880.xml&coll=3

I'd like to see someone throw this chick out the window and into a shaft too - and then let her A$$ rot injail... There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for this... :furious: :furious:

When her newborn was first discovered at the bottom of an air shaft earlier this week, the baby's teenage mother was accused of trying to murder the child.

But after the decaying body of a second infant was found in the same place, authorities trying to unravel the gruesome story say it took an even more tragic turn: The teen's father on Friday was accused of fathering both of the babies.

Prosecutors said when they first interviewed the young mother, she told them the infants were fathered by different men. A second round of interviews Thursday uncovered a different story: The girl said her own father was actually the father of both children.

Hudson County First Assistant Prosecutor Gaetano T. Gregory said investigators must wait for DNA tests before making a final determination about the baby's paternity, but they believe he is the father.

The Associated Press is withholding the identities of both the girl and her father because she is an alleged victim of a sex crime.

The father was charged with aggravated sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child and child abuse. If convicted, he could face 10 to 20 years in prison on the most serious charge. He was being held in the Hudson County Correctional Center.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...16,0,1173022.story?coll=ny-region-apnewjersey

And if we think for one minute that child abuse doesn't damage for generations.....we are delusional. So much that we see crime related is how people were manipulated at a younger age. Not saying that murder is ever excusable because it isn't but fog/cloud surrounding horrific abuses perpetrates this to the inth.

I just wonder if child pyschologists shouldn't be positioned in schools from pre-K on. That in addition to the Iowa Tests (if they still use them) other tests should be administered to determine behaviors and cause so treatment and exposure to victims are learned early vs. after the fact.

So where did she say her first baby went? was her family not wondering where the baby was? and now a second pregnancy?

:furious:

Casshew said:
So where did she say her first baby went? was her family not wondering where the baby was? and now a second pregnancy?

In an abusive family the best unsaid is what will happen. Ignore it and it will go away.

I remember a fairly recent case in Texas where one bother killed another and the family knew about it. Instead of cooperating with police they said it was between family and they would handle it themselves. Just to show the mindset.

Casshew said:

It was only when people heard the second child crying and called police, during the rescue they found the body of the first child.
According to the first article, the family stated they didn't know she was pregnant.
Then low and behold- the girls 'Daddy" turns out to be the possible father of both children.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1126948502214610.xml&coll=3

Neighbors and classmates of Lucila Ventura called the arrest of Jose Julio Ventura sad and tragic - but said they weren't entirely surprised.

Jose Ventura was arrested on charges of sexually abusing his daughter.

Tenants in Lucila Ventura's West New York apartment building immediately assumed incest when they heard she had given birth to two babies.

"She was always with the parents," said Maria Ortiz, a tenant on the fourth floor. "That girl was never seen with nobody. She was always home."

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1126948484214610.xml&coll=3

Both father and daughter were arraigned yesterday in the gruesome and chilling story of alleged incest, shame and murder in West New York.
Jose Julio Ventura, 44, was arrested Thursday and identified as the father of the two babies his daughter, Lucila Ventura, bore and then allegedly threw out the bathroom window of their apartment on 64th Street.

Lucila Ventura's lawyer, Anthony Fusco, has said that his client will plead not guilty on all counts and that Lucila is just as much a victim as she is a defendant in the murder case.

Fusco said it is possible she will plead not guilty by reason of insanity.

Both father and daughter are citizens of El Salvador and legal resident aliens in the United States. If both are found guilty, they could serve their jail time here and then be deported to El Salvador.

What I'd like to know is where the hell the mother/wife has been these past 2 years. :furious:

Sorry, but the mother is blind, or lying out of both sides of her mouth.

How can you miss your daughter, who lives with you, going thru two different pregnancies - expecially when your own husband is the father??

I'm almost speechless on this one. But my mind is working so fast that I cant think straight. My heart does go out for the girl, I can only imagine the pain and anguish that she went thru.....the embarrassement of a pregnancy when she was so young, even though no one knew of it. She did. She most likely felt that she had no way out of the situation that she was in. Parents that spoke no English, Daddy slidding into bed with her when most likely mom was at work or sleeping. Im wondering if Dad worked or if he was at home all day reving up his hormones and stroking himself in anticipation. (Im sorry for being so crude and rude.) Im positive that Daddy knew about both pregnancies, and there is no telling what he told her to blackmail her into silence.

She probably didnt know of the law about taking newborns to the hospital as a safe place---and even if she did, how would she get there? and how far was it from home. And if mom and dad wouldnt let her out of their sight.... I just cant believe that mom didnt know about this though.

The poor thing, delivering at home by herself. And trying to keep all this quiet--what a horrible situation to be in. What a horrific burden that she was carrying. She wasnt just sexually abused but also mentally.

Please do not think that I believe that she should not be punished, she is 18 and considered an adult. But we need to remember that she was a victim. This poor girl will need many many years of counseling.

Several years ago there was a Dateline show about teenage girls killing their babies. I made my daughter watch that show with me, she must have been about 14 or 15 at that time....After the show I told her that I will always love her, but I dont always have to like what she did. I also told her if she ever became pregnant she must tell me immediately because there were worst things in life then getting pregnant at an early age. Her immediate repsonse was "yes, like spending the rest of your life in jail".

Personally, I wonder if her alleged father might have told her to get rid of it. Obviously if she suddenly showed up with a baby, people would notice. Some might ask questions. He could get into big trouble- she would have been a minor at the time she conceived the first one. Or maybe she just couldn't face the evidence of what her father was doing to her. Either way, I agree this girl is going to need help for a long time.

Apparently this is the second time, though. I noticed that an adult was home while she gave birth. I wonder if this was her father. I also wonder if he is the one who threw the baby out the window (both times).

Sewing Deb, that is possible. But police have arrested her, I would guess that she admitted it to them. Still she could be afraid of accusing her father, and so taking the blame for herself. At this point, who knows.

This whole thing is so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back