OK OK - Tracy Samuels, 24, Glenpool, 17 Feb 1993

Paradise

Reaction score
I'm starting this thread because I came upon a case today that could possibly be linked to Franklin Floyd. Here's the link: http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1710dfok.html

Tracy Michelle Samuels
Missing since February 17, 1993 from Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma
Classification: Involuntary Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: September 4, 1968
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 116 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes.
  • Clothing: Black down-filled coat, blue jeans, white cowboy boots
  • Dentals: Not Available
  • Fingerprints: Not Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Samuels was last seen getting into a GMC or Chevy Flatbed truck in Tulsa, Oklahoma on February 17, 1993. The truck, being driven by an unknown white male drove off after Samuels entered the vehicle.
There has been no sighting of Samuels since then.

Floyd was in the Federal Correctional Facility at El Reno (OK) untill March 30th, 1993, having served 33 consecutive months. However, I also believe there are other victims of Floyd out there...I posted a link to a possible victim, and feel strongly that there is an as yet unknown victim in SC (at the time of Sharon's bizarre request for her friend Jennifer to visit) and there may also be victim(s) in AZ.

In trying to compare possible victims to individual criminals, you cannot always go strictly by dates which appear in police files or on websites. Besides the possibility of someone making a typo here or there, you also need to consider how that "last seen" date was derived. For instance, if the missing person last visited their parents in mid February, and was not heard from after that for some time, and finally reported as missing, then what date might get put down? It could be the date that she was last seen by family, could be a later date if someone else reported seeing them, or it could be the date that they were reported as missing - or just a guess on somebody's part.

In this case, it would seem that Floyd was incarcerated at the time that Tracy was last seen. But not necessarily, depending on how the date was derived. It is close enough in time and geographic location to check out, I think.

"Tracey vanished on February 17th, 1993, just two days before her daughter's eighth birthday. Kristina remembers it like it was yesterday.

"I got on the school bus that morning. She was in a pink bathrobe and had her hair in a towel," she said.

Tracey dropped off her five-year-old son at her grandmother's in Jenks, saying she had a job interview.

Her truck was found at the Cherry Hills apartments in West Tulsa where a witness saw her get into a Chevy flat bed truck with a brown headed man with a mustache. She was gone."

Much more at link: http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=14044495

Tracy Michelle Samuels, 24, Missing since February 17, 1993 from Glenpool, OK

Tracy Michelle Samuels
Missing since February 17, 1993 from Glenpool, Tulsa County, Oklahoma
Classification: Involuntary Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 4, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"-5'2"; 116 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes. Light complexion. Clear contacts.
Marks, Scars: Birthmark on back.
Clothing: Black down-filled coat, blue jeans, white cowboy boots
Jewelry: Wedding ring on left ring finger, and a ring with sapphire and diamond.
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: mtDNA Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Samuels lived in Glenpool, Oklahoma, a suburb of Tulsa, with her husband and two children. She was last known to be at her apartment complex in the 700 block of west 49th Street in Tulsa and was seen getting into the passenger side of a white GMC or Chevrolet flatbed pickup truck with with a white male with dark hair and a mustache.

Samuels dark blue 1988 "GMC" extended cab pickup truck was located abandoned in the vicinity of the 4800 block of South Jackson Avenue in Tulsa on February 17, 1993.

Samuels and her husband were involved with cocaine.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Tulsa Police Department Homicide Unit
Detective Mike Nance
918-596-9205
918-596-9222

Agency Case Number: 2006 079 018

NCIC Number: M-624237546

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Glenpool Police Department
Tulsa Police Homicide Detective
NCMA
Unsolved In the News
The Doe Network: Case File 1710DFOK

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1710dfok.html

Much better picture of her than the one reproduced most places, stolen from Porchlight.

TracyMichelleSamuels_zps9e9d2c86.jpg

What a pretty young woman.

Has her husband been cleared as a suspect? Do they think the guy who picked her up was her boyfriend or something or someone involved in the cocaine thing? Wondering what became of her two kids.

Has her husband been cleared as a suspect? Do they think the guy who picked her up was her boyfriend or something or someone involved in the cocaine thing? Wondering what became of her two kids.

Thanks. I have no answers for you. Charley's entry, as it turns out, has a lot of other pics, and was updated with other info very late in 2012. She said she was going to look at a job opportunity and was thought to have left with a substantial sum of money. She disappeared a couple days before her elder daughter's 8th birthday, having dropped her two kids off at her parents'. It seems that she was seen getting into the truck at her apartment, but her truck was found abandoned somewhere else not too far away, which seems strange. There's no report of marital difficulties, and her elder daughter recalls her being a fun, playful mom, whatever her problems may have been.

It is still wrong on the Namus casefile, would that halt any comparisons being run?

I'm her son :). My sister and I are both well. We both live around the Tulsa area. My dad was cleared as a suspect. There really wasn't much to go on in her case. My parents were involved in drugs and as you know bad people at that.
They weren't sure who the guy was she was picked up by.

In trying to compare possible victims to individual criminals, you cannot always go strictly by dates which appear in police files or on websites. Besides the possibility of someone making a typo here or there, you also need to consider how that "last seen" date was derived. For instance, if the missing person last visited their parents in mid February, and was not heard from after that for some time, and finally reported as missing, then what date might get put down? It could be the date that she was last seen by family, could be a later date if someone else reported seeing them, or it could be the date that they were reported as missing - or just a guess on somebody's part.

In this case, it would seem that Floyd was incarcerated at the time that Tracy was last seen. But not necessarily, depending on how the date was derived. It is close enough in time and geographic location to check out, I think.
Hi I'm actually Tracy's son. I was 5 when she went missing. To clear this date issue up. She was last seen on feb 17 1993. I was the last family member to see her. She dropped me off at my great grandmas house in jenks.
A witness saw her get into a flatbed pickup at the cherry hill apartment complex on 49th street in Tulsa. There were 4 diff reports that I know of, of people seeing her in the Tulsa area with in two weeks of her disappearance. There wasn't cameras everywhere back then so who knows if the women they saw was my mom or not.
My great grandma actually got random calls for about six months after my mom disappeared but who ever was on the other end of the phone wouldn't say anything . She always thought it was my mom. My grandma would say" Tracy if that's you we love you and want you too come home " .

Hi everyone. My name is Kristina Ritzhaupt. I am the daughter of Tracy Michelle Samuels. I wanted to give a few updates on here. I have recently been working with NAMUs and have been able to correct all the information and also add any additional information we have been able to obtain. Her name spelling, age at time of disappearance and a few other things were incorrect. We are still actively working on her case. My brother and I are both doing well, but obviously are very eager and anxious to find any information that can help find out what happened to our mother. As of today’s date, no one has been cleared as a suspect. The male she supposedly got into the vehicle with has never been identified. It is unclear if she was willing or reluctant to do so, seeing how his would be an eyewitness’s opinion. If anyone has any other questions or ideas please feel free to contact me. Thank you to everyone here at Websleuths that helps connect the missing pieces for families.

Thank you for sending that info. Henry2326. I know a lot of information can be incorrect and misleading on the internet but any research I can find for Franklin Floyd says he was incarcerated during the time my mom went missing. Has anyone seen something to show otherwise? I have found he was released March of 1993.

Thank you for sending that info. Henry2326. I know a lot of information can be incorrect and misleading on the internet but any research I can find for Franklin Floyd says he was incarcerated during the time my mom went missing. Has anyone seen something to show otherwise? I have found he was released March of 1993.
Hi Ritzy - Floyd's appeal indicates that he was out of prison 1993-94. I will continue to look for specific dates.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/fl-supreme-court/1298501.html

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni