Gov. Bush's son arrested

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Son of Florida Gov. Bush Arrested

Sat Sep 17

The youngest son of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was arrested early Friday and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest, law enforcement officials said.

John Ellis Bush, 21, was arrested by agents of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission at 2:30 a.m. on a corner of Austin's Sixth Street bar district, said commission spokesman Roger Wade.

The nephew of President Bush was released on $2,500 bond for the resisting arrest charge, and on a personal recognizance bond for the public intoxication charge, officials said.

Wade said he had no further details about the charges.

Gov. Bush and his wife Columba appeared Friday evening at a museum reception in Miami.

"My son's doing fine. It's a private matter. We will support him. We're sad for him. But I'm not going to discuss it on the public square with 30 cameras," the governor told reporters.

It's not the first time Florida's first family has experienced legal problems with one of their children.

Noelle Bush, the governor's daughter, was arrested in January 2002 and accused of trying to pass a fraudulent prescription at a pharmacy to obtain the anti-anxiety drug Xanax. She completed a drug rehabilitation program in August 2003 and a judge dismissed the drug charges against her.

Sorry DK I put this same thread in Crimes in the News. I'll go over and delete it.

Oh NNNOOOOO! :doh: You mean these people have problems with their kids just like the REST of us? How DARE this incorrigible little doofus embarass the governor like that! Next thing you know, Prince Harry will be attending parties wearing a Nazi get-up, or we’ll have a president having to explain some very questionable stains on a young woman’s dress!
OK...I’m done.
:truce:

heavenlydaze said:
Oh NNNOOOOO! :doh: You mean these people have problems with their kids just like the REST of us? How DARE this incorrigible little doofus embarass the governor like that! Next thing you know, Prince Harry will be attending parties wearing a Nazi get-up, or we’ll have a president having to explain some very questionable stains on a young woman’s dress!
OK...I’m done.
:truce:
LOL! I guess even the kids of public figures do dumb things. I always have to LMAO when I see the press playing it up to the hilt. If they want to be truthful, they need to have this as their recurring headline, "Public/Political/Entertainment figure's child proves they are just a normal person/teenager/child." Film at 10 pm. And 11 pm. And midnight. Forever.

:doh: :D :croc:

...this family really has a problem; the Predsdent's daughters have been in trouble like this more than once as well...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back