GUILTY TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #4

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
=
AR-150909802.jpg

Kendra Hatcher was 35

Dallas dentist, a Pleasant Plains High School graduate, shot and killed
By Jason Nevel, Staff Writer - The State Journal-Register
Posted Sep. 3, 2015 at 6:40 PM Updated Sep 3, 2015 at 10:41 PM

[...]
"The detectives called and told us they thought it was her, but we were still holding out hope it wasn't going to be her," Sato said. "Since we found out (late Thursday afternoon), it's brought on another wave of shock and sadness."
Coworkers: Murdered dentist was vibrant, friendly
Carla Wade, WFAA
3:45 p.m. CDT September 4, 2015

[...]
"Kendra had so much to give, and we are so thankful her 35 years were lived to the fullest. We will miss Kendra tremendously, especially her laugh and smiles," the family said. "But we cannot fully mourn and celebrate her life until the authorities apprehend the person(s) responsible for committing this senseless act."

TX - Kendra Hatcher, Dallas, 02 Sept 2015 - Media & Timeline Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

CRYSTAL CORTES ARREST WARRANT

ARREST WARRANTS for Brenda Delgado and Kristopher Love

FBI COMPLAINT and Affidavit against Kristopher Love

Indictment of Brenda Delgado

A few reminders on the rules for this discussion

• Rumors and gossip are NOT allowed on WS. If you read it on Facebook, leave it on Facebook.
  • Brainstorming theories is encouraged, but must be based on fact. For our purposes, "fact" refers to information published in the mainstream media (MSM) or other acceptable sources, such as academic and professional publications.
  • When you state something as "fact", you must back it up with a link to an approved source.
  • If you can't link it, you can't post it.
  • Social media is a nightmare in terms of rumors. You can summarize information from an original post on a LE or MSM FB page. No copy and paste, no screenshots, and you must include link.
  • Comments and posts by the general public are considered rumor, and therefore, off limits. Again, leave them where you find them.

please continue here

I posted in thread 3 after closure, that I didn't comprehend what Ricky's background had to do with Kendra's murder. Why was there a report on his growing up in a trailer, how is that relevant to this case? Seems to be more gossip than anything else. I'm sad that he never released a statement regarding the woman he was courting. Perhaps I am wrong in wishing there was something mentioned on his behalf, remembering dear Kendra. MOO

Several thoughts here:

I suppose it's possible that RP has been advised by LE not to speak or comment, his history and continued interaction (speculation) with BD may be an important part of there investigation.

The post on thread #3 referencing the crime blog, statement regarding her Jelious behavior with another former boyfriend was interesting, maybe the guy will post more. Bet that boyfriend is thanking his lucky stars.

DPD stated they knew where she was and are working on extradiction so has she been arrested in Mexico and if not why and when will it happen?

Several thoughts here:

I suppose it's possible that RP has been advised by LE not to speak or comment, his history and continued interaction (speculation) with BD may be an important part of there investigation.

The post on thread #3 referencing the crime blog, statement regarding her Jelious behavior with another former boyfriend was interesting, maybe the guy will post more. Bet that boyfriend is thanking his lucky stars.

DPD stated they knew where she was and are working on extradiction so has she been arrested in Mexico and if not why and when will it happen?
BBM

We probably won't know if she has been arrested in Mexico until she is arrested. There are a lot of hoops to jump through on both sides of the border as this link from the previous thread makes clear. So we need to be patient. :)

Well worth reading.

http://www.tdcaa.com/journal/update-pursuit-fugitives-who-flee-mexico

Her citizenship status would determine whether Mexico prosecutes or not, but if TX is trying to extradite her, it could mean that they know they have the right to try her. We just don't know at this point.

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/cj/article4.pdf

BBM

We probably won't know if she has been arrested in Mexico until she is arrested. There are a lot of hoops to jump through on both sides of the border as this link from the previous thread makes clear. So we need to be patient. :)

Well worth reading.

http://www.tdcaa.com/journal/update-pursuit-fugitives-who-flee-mexico

Her citizenship status would determine whether Mexico prosecutes or not, but if TX is trying to extradite her, it could mean that they know they have the right to try her. We just don't know at this point.

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/cj/article4.pdf

If Mexico won't extradite one of their own citizens, how do they handle a person with dual citizenship?

i've read mexico would then try & sentence her to prison in mexico

If Mexico won't extradite one of their own citizens, how do they handle a person with dual citizenship?

My understanding after reading that article is that Mexico won't deport one of their own citizens, but she can still be extradited. But extradition involves a lot of paperwork, and US will have to take death penalty off the table.

i've read mexico would then try & sentence her to prison in mexico

It makes no sense to try her in Mexico because witnesses and co-conspirators are here in US. The case against BD looks very strong so Mexico doesn't seem to have any reason to not extradite her.

The article I originally posted from the Texas District and County Attorneys Association seems to indicate that as long as the U.S. provides a long list of sufficient evidence against BD, they will likely agree to extradite her. Mexico is getting better about working with our U.S. Marshalls to bring people back here for trial, though it is a lengthy process. Yes, it appears BD is a Mexican Citizen, and that makes it trickier. There have been statements that she had "Dual Citizenship" and yet others that she was merely a "U.S. Resident." The latter simply means she had a green card. If she was born in Mexico but was sponsored by family here in the U.S., she would be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship after a period of time, and only after being granted the status of "Permanent Resident." I know the process well. Now, if she has Mexican Citizenship simply because her parents were Mexican Nationals but she was actually born in the U.S., she'd have Mexican Citizenship and therefore dual citizenship. I'd love to know what her actual status is here in the U.S. and where she was born.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_nationality_law

Dallas Morning News states that she was born in Mexico and emigrated (doesn't specify if this was legal or illegal immigration) with her family. I'd be willing to bet she isn't a US citizen or permanent resident. I'd even wager that she never had a green card.

Are Mexican LE going to have to search for her or do they already know where she is ?

The article I originally posted from the Texas District and County Attorneys Association seems to indicate that as long as the U.S. provides a long list of sufficient evidence against BD, they will likely agree to extradite her. Mexico is getting better about working with our U.S. Marshalls to bring people back here for trial, though it is a lengthy process. Yes, it appears BD is a Mexican Citizen, and that makes it trickier. There have been statements that she had "Dual Citizenship" and yet others that she was merely a "U.S. Resident." The latter simply means she had a green card. If she was born in Mexico but was sponsored by family here in the U.S., she would be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship after a period of time, and only after being granted the status of "Permanent Resident." I know the process well. Now, if she has Mexican Citizenship simply because her parents were Mexican Nationals but she was actually born in the U.S., she'd have Mexican Citizenship and therefore dual citizenship. I'd love to know what her actual status is here in the U.S. and where she was born.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_nationality_law
IMO the most important part of the link is the last two paragraphs:
Article 4 prosecutions
Under Article 4 of the Federal Mexican Penal Code, Mexico will arrest and prosecute a fugitive for crimes committed outside its border if the perpetrator or victim is a Mexican citizen and if the subject is found in Mexico. This can be a very useful alternative to an extradition when the witnesses are all in Mexico, where perhaps there is a Mexican statute that might improve the probability of conviction, or, as I have seen, when the witnesses no longer want to go through the ordeal of a trial.

Conclusion
We share a lengthy border with Mexico, a border that is still perceived by criminals as the gateway to freedom. Because of the hard work of many federal and local agencies on both sides of the border, that notion is now an illusion.
Whether by extradition, deportation, or an Article 4 prosecution, justice demands that fugitives be held accountable for their crimes even if the trail to their capture leads into Mexico. The tools and the means for their arrest and extradition are already in place and should not be overlooked.

Here is a link to Article 4: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/cj/article4.pdf
What I am getting from this is:
1. She will not be extradited back to the US.
2. She will be tried in Mexico, under Mexican law.
3. There will be no jury only a judge presiding over the case.
4. The trial will be closed, and probably will not have any physical witnesses only documents.
5. If found guilty she will be spend from 20-50 years in a Mexican prison.
I don't know if I am interpreting it correctly, but that is what I am getting from Article 4.

If she won't be extradited back here, why are U.S. LE working with Mexican LE then ?

If she won't be extradited back here, why are U.S. LE working with Mexican LE then ?

Being a Mexican citizen, BD can not be deported but she can be extradited. LE is working to extradite her.

Dallas Morning News states that she was born in Mexico and emigrated (doesn't specify if this was legal or illegal immigration) with her family. I'd be willing to bet she isn't a US citizen or permanent resident. I'd even wager that she never had a green card.

According to msm she is a permanent resident.

I think people are confused. LE is working to extradite her. She will be tried in US provided Mexico agrees to extradition. Mexican citizens can not be deported but they can be extradited to US. Mexico extradites Mexican citizens day in and day out. So as long as Mexico agrees to extradition (and the case seems strong) BD will be back here, hopefully soon, to face the music.

"The overwhelming majority of fugitives extradited by Mexico are wanted in the U.S. for the most serious crimes, including murder, rape, sexual offenses against children, kidnapping, and drug trafficking. Most of the fugitives returned to the U.S. by extradition are Mexican citizens."

http://mexico.usembassy.gov/eng/eataglance_law.html

What I am getting from this is:
1. She will not be extradited back to the US.
2. She will be tried in Mexico, under Mexican law.
3. There will be no jury only a judge presiding over the case.
4. The trial will be closed, and probably will not have any physical witnesses only documents.
5. If found guilty she will be spend from 20-50 years in a Mexican prison.
I don't know if I am interpreting it correctly, but that is what I am getting from Article 4.

I don't believe you are interpreting it correctly. US is asking to extradite her. Mexican citizens can be extradited. We don't want her to be tried in Mexico. All the witnesses are here in US. She can not be deported but she can be extradited. US will have to agree to take death penalty off the table (and this was a potential death penalty case).

Do you think they know exactly where she is (address) or are they going to have to search for her.
If they have an address, did they get it from her family and will whoever she is staying with be charged for harboring a fugitive ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back