GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Becky Watts' trial: The evidence so far
October 17, 2015

THE heartbreaking trial of Becky Watts reached its eighth day this week.

The jury at Bristol Crown Court has heard details of how the 16-year-old's stepbrother Nathan Matthews and his girlfriend Shauna Hoare are alleged to have kidnapped and murdered the teenager. They both deny the charges.

Her body parts were found in a shed in Barton Court in March.

93204084-4ec2-403d-b360-7f1fd00525d3-620x372.jpeg

Link

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4
Thread 5
Thread 6
Thread 7
Thread 8
Thread 9

Media Thread

The Rules

FIND Rebecca WATTS

Avon and Somerset Constabulary

Rebecca Watts Case Map credit to skibaboo

https://twitter.com/ITVWCBeckyTrial

https://twitter.com/rupertevelyn?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://twitter.com/HeartWestNews?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/elliepitttv

https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins

https://twitter.com/clairehayhurst?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

You see, say SH was entirely innocent and had no idea of the killing or of the dismembering - if that was me, I would try to work out how it could have happened without me knowing a thing. I would look back over every detail of what must have happened - being at the house when Becky was killed, how long I really was outside, what I heard, how NM behaved straight afterwards and for the rest of the day and evening, how he had managed to do all that sawing and hours and hours of wrapping and use of cat litter, how he had convinced me we had needed 3 rolls of clingfilm and rolls and rolls of tape and bags and sacks, then even more the following day, how there were more and more cases and bags appearing in the house (from the loft?) and being filled up, how my shower curtains and bath mat had disappeared, how he had convinced me the car was playing up and needed to be left at my Mum's house even though we had driven there in it with no problems, how we had to be out on 23rd and say we had planned a meal out with my parents when I knew we had already eaten at McDonalds and there was no reason for not letting the police look inside my house - I only had a broken toilet after all,... do you know what I could go on but I won't. I would go over all these things in absolute disbelief and say how could he have pulled all of this off without my knowledge or suspecting a thing? What was in those bags that had to be got rid of in the dead of night? etc. etc.

I wouldn't just sit there and say I didn't know him at all. I wasn't even safe with him and I shared a bed with him. He has either lost his marbles or he is whatever she described him as. Her reactions are just wrong and so staged.

Even the first interview where she says she went outside for 15-20 minutes. Why does she give herself more time than it takes to actually smoke a cigarette, it was raining and if you needed a smoke you would go out, smoke it and get back inside as quickly as possible - 10 mins max. Nothing stacks up with her. She had her story ready from the word go.

I think anyone who can't see it needs to re-tune their BS detector.

I agree, most everyday people would be totally horrified and her reaction doesn't ring true to me either. I wonder if the police asked her if NM had ever been violent with her or if she just put all that in of her own accord. I've also tried to look at her responses as if 'an abused' partner but it just doesn't add up. Not to say NM hasn't been abusive to her but I don't see her as timid or fearful of him at all. It also felt like she possibly used the interview to try and turn the sympathy off Becky and back to her. Again, like a petulant child who was desperate for the attention and love. She wanted to be the 'Family Favourite' and she felt the need to 'slag off' BW to gain favour with them and Police. Really hope AG has written a statement, as would be great to hear her take on SH whether she saw her as 'good' for her son or a bad influence. You would think she had a close relationship with SH for her to be her carer.

Also with regard to the '*advertiser censored* in garden'...don't forget she added feeding the rabbit to it to add extra time.

Also with regard to the '*advertiser censored* in garden'...don't forget she added feeding the rabbit to it to add extra time.

I don't believe she went outside at all and is unaware, or has forgotten, that it was raining.

Still catching up, but had to jump in though with this - don't know how to bring it over so c/p'd it.

The BBM from NM's confession now comparing it to SH's interview: She said she heard the door slam then adds she heard stomping before that, thought it was Becky leaving.

According to NM's confession he loaded his boot (so any "stomping" would be previous to that) then "waited to hear Shauna then slammed the front door"

So the delay between stomping and door slam according to Shauna was progressive, continuous - but NM says there was some delay before he slammed the door with a purpose if I'm understanding right. All the time he was loading the boot in fact.

I seem to have made a jumble of what I'm trying to point out, which is just that again what SH says doesn't add up.

bos
[B]"I took everything downstairs and put it into the boot of my car. Back in the house I waited to hear Shauna then slammed the front door shut."

From NM's written confession.
[/B]
SH seemed to introduce the stomping as an almost afterthought in her pre-arrest interview in my opinion. Generally though, I'm still waiting for the smoking gun - improbable doesn't mean impossible

I don't believe she went outside at all and is unaware, or has forgotten, that it was raining.

Me neither, it was all totally made up IMO. I only hope that their child was safely watching CBeebies while they were doing whatever they were doing....Also pondered that it's not easy to keep a toddler still so wondered if she was in some kind of chair to keep her in one place?

In these bunch of photos does anyone know if one of them is SH and NM bedroom I can't bloody tell with all the mess I can tell which one is Beckys the other one which looks like a four poster bed in it I am presuming it is DG and AG bedroom thanks

I put myself in SH'S place. N my hubby in NM'S... now for the life of me I can't see how she was totally unaware of anything.
Becuz there is far too much explaining for NM to fathom around. Too many things happening out of the ordinary.
I was using her stomping remark as not may what of actually happened but what she's explaining away in her mind. To try and find her mind set. But it's like she is telling a story. Adding tit bits as going along.
In a relationship even if one member is cheating. You get a 'Gut feeling' that something is out of whack.
If their lives just consisted of as she stated her the child and NM. Then they will of shared everything I'm sure. They were each others' confidante 's.
All I can add is that they both must have very dark dark minds. Cuz how the hell do you sleep. Touch. Be close to someone you loved so deeply. That had just blatantly cold bloodedly dismembered a family member?
My heart goes out to BW'S family. The betrayal they must of felt /feeling. And their child. Who'll grow up n find out the infamy of her parents. Was comitting an evil deed. Poor poor love.

Another thing. SH made it sound as if she only used the red bucket to pee in on one occasion when she was very desperate. Why would she wait until she was that desperate?

Did it go like this? -

SH : Nathan, I need to go to the loo.
NM : well I'm going to be in here fixing this blockage for another 3 days yet love. Can you hold it that long?
SH : I'll try.
half an hour later -
SH : OK, Nathan I'm really really desperate now, I have to go now.
NM : I'll get you a bucket and empty it down the bath plug.
3 hours later -
SH : Nathan! I need a number 2!!!
NM : Do it in the bucket, I'll put it down the bath plug.
SH : OK Nathan. What do I do with the loo paper Nathan?
NM : I'll put it down the bath plug Shauna.

And I don't know what age their daughter was but I think she was round about the toilet training stage. From what I know about my own 3 children at that stage, they were very fussy about their toilet routines and familiarity and any break from routine would be a recipe for a tantrum or major upset and possibly refusing to go. Can't see it would have been as easy to get a toddler to cooperate and produce the necessary over a bucket.

In these bunch of photos does anyone know if one of them is SH and NM bedroom I can't bloody tell with all the mess I can tell which one is Beckys the other one which looks like a four poster bed in it I am presuming it is DG and AG bedroom thanks
I don't think there have been photos of NM and SH's bedroom yet. I'd remember if there was any as I find their hoarding truly bizarre. Apparently their bedroom was their main living area with a kettle and toaster in it.

Perhaps the bedroom was full of kids stuff so it was deemed a bad idea to release a photo of it - there seems to be an avoidance of mentioning their child at all in this case.

Are there any photos of NM and SH's bedroom please? I did see a pic of their second bedroom that someone kindly posted earlier, though I wasn't able to discern where their daughter slept.

Hexenb yes, I believe the fourposter bed was DG and AG's room.

oops - just seen your reply Ironside

I was reading somewhere about barristers. Is it true/possible that SH's barrister told her that they (the police/CPS) will not be able to make the case against her stick so she can plead not guilty?

Is this what barristers do? I previously had the impression an accused person rarely talks to a barrister, except for a short chat before their trial.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of how things work because I'm very curious.

As far as I understand it, I think in the absence of a glaringly obvious "smoking gun" piece of evidence, they will be advising her to plead not guilty - although that will be the case she is making to her barristers in any case. They cannot advise her to plead NG if she admits guilt to them, or even if they believe themselves that she is guilty. I think they can have their suspicions but it is their job to present her case as best as they can.

Re. the bedroom, I'm sure I have seen a photo of the NM/SH bedroom although can't find it now. Hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado