GUILTY Sc - Vermon Steve, 36, Beaufort, 26 Oct 2015 *arrests*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Vermon Steve
9130835_G.jpg

Family of missing man looking for answers
"BEAUFORT CO., SC (WTOC) - Beaufort Police are searching for a man who went missing earlier this week.

At the beginning of the week, 36-year-old Vermon Steve’s phone would go to voicemail. Now it’s disconnected, one of the many reasons why his family suspects foul play.

“He works two jobs and Monday he didn’t show up for either job and was no-call, no-show, so we knew that had to be wrong because that’s not his character,” said Joe Steve, missing person’s father."

http://m.wtoc.com/wtoc/db_350145/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=CdOpksu1

Family is very worried and seems to have a lot of friends worried.

Dad is posting a lot.

His hair is currently in corn rows ‪

People are also calling him Mony or Moni or Monie

Huh?

Janice Steve reported him missing on Monday after she got a strange call from one of his friends. The friend told her he was held at gunpoint by two men when he went to Steve’s home to check on him. The friend was able to get away, but there’s been no sign of Vermon Steve.

“Unfortunately people talk and people say things and they talk and we’ve actually been told he’s been killed and his body has been hid,” said Janice Steve, missing person’s mother.

This obviously indicates the concern was really raised and his family went to LE after getting the call from the friend who was supposedly held at gunpoint at Vermon's place more than anything about now showing up for work.

While maybe it's - he didn't show up for jobs, making them concerned, so someone went over and the apparent hold up at gunpoint happened - you'd think LE would emphasize that from the get go since that (to me) changes the seriousness substantially. :dunno:

Mostly it makes me think LE isn't sold on the friend held by two guys at gunpoint at Vermon's...

And seemingly also not buying the rumors family is hearing about him being dead, etc...no?

Otherwise why not tell the public the sequence of events AND make sure everyone knows there are potentially armed guys involved in whatever is up with Vermon since it looks far more like something nefarious than that he played hooky from work all day and hasn't answered his phone and now it goes to voicemail.

http://m.wtoc.com/wtoc/db_350145/contentdetail.htm?full=true&contentguid=CdOpksu1&pn=&ps=#display

Janice Steve reported him missing on Monday after she got a strange call from one of his friends. The friend told her he was held at gunpoint by two men when he went to Steve’s home to check on him. The friend was able to get away, but there’s been no sign of Vermon Steve.

This friend even happened to have such bad timing that he ended up at Vermon's when two guys with guns were there...

For this story to have any validity, doesn't it mean the gunmen had to basically have been there (essentially) ALL DAY long? :dunno:

They couldn't have been sitting there hoping Vermon would return, because that necessitates Vermon having NOT been there - which means he would have been at work, which the family said didn't happen.

So either the gunmen sat there holding Vermon all day or else they sat there long enough to both have him miss a hell of a lot of work AND risked exactly what happened and that is sat around long enough to have someone end up there as well.

Why do that?

And why did the friend tell the family and NOT the cops??? :thinking:

If he supposedly went to check on Vermon, you'd think if he was held at gunpoint upon arrival, before eventually being let go, wouldn't your first all be 911 to get LE there to get the guys AND let them know something was seriously amiss with the person you were checking on?

Unless something was happening to Vermon basically while the friend showed up, or they were still holding him elsewhere when the friend arrived, why would you even hold the friend and not just play like they had been there instead of basically creating a 'scene'?

And if they were also holding Vermon when the friend came, where? And wouldn't the friend likely have see/heard some evidence of that going on simultaneously since the gun guys were busy with the friend and not as focused on Vermon?

If they'd done something to him earlier, then why stay as sitting ducks?? :thinking:

And surely if two guys spent hours somewhere holding a person hostage or else did something to him, there has got to be a bunch of evidence in the house, no?

They said LE checked his place for evidence, but the apparent concern level doesn't really point to them frantic out of concern he's in tremendous danger somewhere with two gunmen or else already harmed or something.

But really - why in the world would the friend not immediately call 911 after getting away, but instead call his folks?

http://m.wtoc.com/wtoc/db_350145/contentdetail.htm?full=true&contentguid=CdOpksu1&pn=&ps=#display

The more I reread stuff the more strange I feel like it all is:

At the beginning of the week, 36-year-old Vermon Steve’s phone would go to voicemail. Now it’s disconnected, one of the many reasons why his family suspects foul play.

“He works two jobs and Monday he didn’t show up for either job and was no-call, no-show, so we knew that had to be wrong because that’s not his character,” said Joe Steve, missing person’s father."

Shouldn't the reason you expect foul play REALLY be two people were at the son's apartment and held his friend at gunpoint?

I mean, missing work and phone going to voicemail seem to be really low on the scale of reasons to think foul play when the other is involved.

To me that'd practically confirm it.

But then it's back to the friend not calling 911 instead of his family seeming really odd, and that LE's response to all of this is really off concern wise if you include the held at gunpoint bit as truth.

Trying to think outside "the box". Could this be "staged" with the friend providing the story to family to help convince family that something happened to him? Could he be trying to avoid legal troubles or some debts that he owes to the wrong people? Initially is phone was just going to voice mail but now it's disconnected. Did he not pay the bill or did he ask for it to be disconnected? Just crazy random thoughts I guess....

Vermon Steve, 36, vanished from his Greene Street home Oct. 26. He did not show up for his two jobs -- a full time one at a steel company in Hardeeville or a second part-time job at a Beaufort restaurant.

Steve was last seen the day before in Beaufort at Walmart buying paint for his car, his mother, Janice Steve said. She said his car was found in his driveway with paint on it.

One of her son's friends told her he went to Steve's house and was held at gunpoint by two men when he went to check on Steve. The friend was able to get away, but did not see her son. Though her son served a three-year prison sentence 15 years ago on drug charges, she said he has worked to turn his life around through his faith once he got out.

Steve has been a deacon at Applied Word Ministry in Yemassee for approximately 4 years, Janice Steve said, and drives his 95-year-old great grandfather to services.

"I asked his friends if he had been involved in that (drug) world again, and they said he never had any dealings with that ever again," Janice Steve said.

nwsMISSING1110dce02.jpg

Read more here: http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article43822173.html#storylink=cpy

Hum I'd be suspicious about friends story.

There are some indications that there may have been some movement in this case over the last few days.

I suspect we may learn more soon.

Varsheen Antuan Smith, 39, and Tyron Anthony Wallace, 21, were charged with kidnapping in connection with the Oct. 25 incident at the home of Vermon Steve, who was last seen and reported missing on that same day.

Smith,VarsheenAntuanandWallace,TyroneAnthony.jpg

Read more here: http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article45348162.html#storylink=cpy

The first of these guys is the one I had read was under suspicion and who I was alluding to in my post prior to your update now.

Keeping in mind Vermon's last name, you can find more relevant info from people who know more and know at least that one individual and his history and had been talking about it - there's earlier stuff, but especially around the 13th/14th more specifics.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=vermon steve

It appears the suspect now charged with Vermon's murder may have led LE to his remains.

It also seems the public release of the names mid-November actually probably coincided with LE then having the remains found but not yet ID'd, as it hit the media the same day the remains were found, but I never saw that in the news until this past week.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...with-murder-in-lowcountry-missing-person-case

<snip>

On Nov. 18th, skeletal remains were found on Pea Patch Rd. in St. Helena.

After DNA testing, the Beaufort County Sheriff&#8217;s Office Forensic lab confirmed the remains were those of Steve.

After an investigation, 22-year-old Tyron Wallace has been charged with murder in this case. Allegedly, Wallace shot Steve at his residence and then transported the body to the location where the remains were found on Pea Patch Rd

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back