Missing Girls, Little Info-1973 to 1975

shadowangel

Black cats consider me unlucky.
Reaction score
In my research in the case of Sharon Marshall, I have come across more reports of missing girls than I care to think about...In this thread, I will post those I find that are possible matches to Sharon (according to age and date missing), with whatever info I can find. If anyone can find more info on any of these girls, please let me know. I've also found some possible matches to other cases, such as "Cali", which I will post in the individual threads.

Tina Moye-Missing from her Berlin St home in Rochester, NY on 01/02/74. The seven year-old was going to walk to a local grocery store but never made it.

Kathy Davidson-Missing from Warren Dunes State Park near Bridgeman, MI. On 09/04/73, the search for the six year-old girl was called off as she was "presumed drowned".

i have some cases that were linked to sharon and some that were not one of them was ruled out due to dna the reason im posting some of these names is beacuse maybe they are not linked to sharon but could be linked to someone else that might have been linked to sharon

Janice Pockett missing July 26, 1973 from Tolland, Connecticut
Non-Family Abduction October 15, 1965. some places list her at 7 when she went missing some 8 and one website even quoted her as missing from 1969 which is totaly wrong she went missing while riding her bike and hasnt been see again
i belive she was tested against sharon at some point dna was negative.

another missing girl On November 1st 1974, 13 year old Lisa White left her home in Vernon ct to visit a friends house When she finished visiting her friend, she never returned home
she was to old to have been sharon and sharon was taken before lisa white

possible connection to the pockett case

Cheryl Anne Hanson
Missing since May 31, 1974 from Aurora, Ontario, Canada.
Cheryl disappeared from Ontario, Canada in 1974. She left her residence around 6:30 pm to walk down Bloomington Side Road to her cousin's home 10 minutes away. She never arrived.
was tested against sharon dna was negative as well

there was mention of a girl from florida but little info on her was found i guess she was with her grandma and sister and something happend and they never found the child?

what if sharon was not listed in any missing persons database what if she had no family? was from a desitute?. what if barr is the mother of sharon?. or my biggest question was sharon from the home? does dial know more than he is saying? does barr know more than she is saying?? is floyd leading us on a wild goose chase? questions only they could answer

also someone posted a while back about watching unsolved mystries and seeing a case i think it was nyleen marshall or something and how they composit drawing of the man seen in the area looked like floyd does anyone know anything about that?

What it all boils down to for me is this...

1. Sharon was born during the time frame that Floyd was in prison, so he did not have control of her from birth. She must have been 3-5 years old before he became her "daddy".
2. During the time Floyd was in prison, someone was caring for Sharon. She was desribed in grade school as being very bright and ahead of most of her classmates in the basics. Matt B. told me that the FBI believes as I do, Sharon came from "good genes".
3. No one lives in a vacuum. There are people who knew her mother or care-giver. They knew that this person had a girl with them and then the girl was no longer there. Regardless of the story given-Sharon died, was kidnapped, lost in an accident or natural disaster-someone knew her prior to her being taken by Floyd. Even if there is truth in the prostitute story, the mother had aquaintances. There would be concern for a little girl who is no longer there. If Sharon was raised as a gift for Floyd, someone knew her before Floyd took her away. A pediatrician, a policeman, a doorman, a social worker...
Somehow, some way, we have got to get her story some publicity. I'm thinking the time for polite letters is over, time to insist.

shadowangel,

I have been thinking that maybe we should try a different tactic for publicity. I was watching Court TV last night, and they said that the "Saturday Night Solution" segment of their programing was sponsered by General Mills. So instead of begging Court TV to air a program, why not write letters to the sponsers of the programs? I would think that they would have to listen to what the sponsers wanted, or risk losing money!

Just an idea!

we need to call up thes places pretend to be from other stations asking about sharons story will u plan to air or call them and hound them. i think a book signing in nyc might generate some big interest?

ive wrote to oprah ten thousand times i have the petition at petitiononline.com/abcws for a few months now time to find out who sharon truley was give her back to her family

I think I'll expand this to include some of the other cases I've ran across in this time frame which do not appear to be connected to Sharon. Maybe someone researching a different case can use the info....

Dorothy Scofield-12 year-old "DeeDee" disappeared while shopping with her mother in a shopping mall in Ocala, FL, on July 22nd, 1976. DeeDee is descibed as a trustworthy, church-going young girl who would not have run away. Her parents were having financial difficluties, and DeeDee, her parents, and older brother were living with her married sister, her husband, and their two children in a moblie home in Citra, a rurla suburb of Ocala. DeeDee's disappearance was investigated as possibly linked to the disappearance of Sheila and Katherine Lyon, due to the circumstances, but no link was ever established. Little Christie Davis, 2 years old, also disappeared from the Ocala area in 1973, while hiking with her great-grandmother near the Circle Square Ranch.
One unique aspect of DeeDee's case was the use of a photo of another girl, with a similar build and wearing the same style clothes as DeeDee, with DeeDee's head superimposed for a better idea of what she looked like the day she disappeared.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/scofield_dorothy.html

>>A witness reported having seen a girl matching Scofield's description two hours after she was reported missing. The child was in a convenience store with an adult male. They purchased two sodas and left. The child was shaking and appeared to be very frightened. She and the man with her were never identified and law enforcement authorities are not sure if she was Scofield. << - from the Charley project website.

It would be very interesting to know the description of that suspect. Sheila and Kate Lyon were also seen speaking to an unidentified man shortly before their disappearance. See their thread in the Cold Case forum for further details.

The circumstances and time frame are very close to that of the Lyon sisters' case. Both involved early afternoon disappearances from a shopping mall. The girls were of similar description, same age, similar colored clothing, wearing glasses, and seen with an unidentified adult male. The Lyon sisters disappeared from Wheaton Plaza, Maryland on 25 March 1975, Dorothy Schofield disappeared on 22 July 1976 from a shopping Mall in Ocala, Florida.

There was also a later case involving a similar disappearance of a girl named Anne Gottlieb, featured in one of the Cold Case Threads.

First off, I'm not that familiar with this case. Is there a " first" thread that this was discussed on? It all seems very deep. Anyways, I found a good match for Sharon, let me know what you think.

Michelle Kelly Pulsifier: date of birth March 17th 1966
Date missing from Huntington Beach California: March 17th 1969.
http://www.crashcards.com/missingkids.htm

Sorry, I'm makin y'all look for her the url was too friggin long, but she's there on the california page in a little yellow hood ( raincoat?). Also there was another little girl on this site named Sheri Lynn Johnson from Independance Missouri, the dates match perfect but she doesn't look like Sharon to me, also her little brother Michael Lloyd Johnson was also taken so...

Sheri Lynn Johnson: Date of birth sept. 21st 1970
missing from Independance, MO: Nov. 10th 1974

Upallnight,

I am not that up on the Sharon Marshall case either. But, from just looking at the picture of Sharon when she was a child and comparing it to the picture of Michelle Kelly Pulsifer, I see a strong likeness. Not much info given about Michelle Pulsifer:confused:

upallnite said:
First off, I'm not that familiar with this case. Is there a " first" thread that this was discussed on? It all seems very deep. Anyways, I found a good match for Sharon, let me know what you think.

Sorry, I'm makin y'all look for her the url was too friggin long, but she's there on the california page in a little yellow hood ( raincoat?). Also there was another little girl on this site named Sheri Lynn Johnson from Independance Missouri, the dates match perfect but she doesn't look like Sharon to me, also her little brother Michael Lloyd Johnson was also taken so...

Shadow205 said:
Upallnight,

I am not that up on the Sharon Marshall case either. But, from just looking at the picture of Sharon when she was a child and comparing it to the picture of Michelle Kelly Pulsifer, I see a strong likeness. Not much info given about Michelle Pulsifer:confused:
Late tonight I'm gonna look and see if I can find a news article about little Michelle's disappearance. It said suspicious circumstances. hmmmmmmmm.

upallnite said:

Hi Upallnite,
They have done DNA testing against Sheri Lynn and it was negative. Sharon has her own forum on the main page under crimes and trials now. If I recall this correctly I think someone was looking into the possibility of Michelle being connected- but I think her mother later confessed to killing her.

upallnite said:
Nobody has confessed to killing Michelle per se, but her mother's boyfriend confessed to burying the body. The boyfriend is dead now and Michelle's mom is awaiting trial for murder. There's not a whole lot of doubt in this case IMHO so I think we can rule out any connections to other cases.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pulsifer_michelle.html

jodieo said:
Hi Upallnite,
They have done DNA testing against Sheri Lynn and it was negative. Sharon has her own forum on the main page under crimes and trials now. If I recall this correctly I think someone was looking into the possibility of Michelle being connected- but I think her mother later confessed to killing her.
Thanks, Jodieo, no wonder I couldn't find the thread, I was looking in cold cases.:doh:

upallnite said:
So, is the mother standing trial for Michelle's murder?
Never mind, I found numerous news articles about Michelles case last night. Does anyone think there's a possibility that Donna (Michelle's mother) might have sold her? Her boyfriend at the time had a bad cocaine problem, just wondered. They never found her and her mother has consistently stuck to this story that her boyfriend took her to his mother's house to stay.

upallnite said:
Never mind, I found numerous news articles about Michelles case last night. Does anyone think there's a possibility that Donna (Michelle's mother) might have sold her? Her boyfriend at the time had a bad cocaine problem, just wondered. They never found her and her mother has consistently stuck to this story that her boyfriend took her to his mother's house to stay.
I think if Donna had sold Michelle, she would have said so when confronted by the police, to save her own skin. If she could present proof or at least evidence of the sale, well, that would keep her from getting convicted of murder.

meggilyweggily said:
I think if Donna had sold Michelle, she would have said so when confronted by the police, to save her own skin. If she could present proof or at least evidence of the sale, well, that would keep her from getting convicted of murder.
I thought maybe her boyfriend sold Michelle and that's why Donna thought she was with his mom. Who knows, but it is possible.

Michelle Pulsifer was never tested against Sharon's DNA, am I correct?

I don't believe she has been tested against Sharon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back