Beauty products from the skin of executed Chinese prisoners

Hammerized

Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0,7369,1568622,00.html

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]A Chinese cosmetics company is using skin harvested from the corpses of executed convicts to develop beauty products for sale in Europe, an investigation by the Guardian has discovered.

[/font] [font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Agents for the firm have told would-be customers it is developing collagen for lip and wrinkle treatments from skin taken from prisoners after they have been shot. The agents say some of the company's products have been exported to the UK, and that the use of skin from condemned convicts is "traditional" and nothing to "make such a big fuss about".[/font]

Quick, where is Der Spiegel?

Hammerized said:
[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]for lip and wrinkle treatments from skin taken from prisoners after they have been shot[/font]
Talk about keeping a stiff upper lip :eek:

This is a serious subject that is avoided often. Human organs can be harvested to save countless lives, brain dead bodies could produce disease free blood. Instead, the blood being bought from drug addics and street people. I could name many more examples. I know this sounds goulish, but one day we will have to face these hard questions, like "We can save your child's life, but we will have to use_____from a dead person." Get ready for it emotionally and spiritually. We can stick our heads in the sand, pretend we would never go there, but I beg to differ. Other countries are already there..and not just for cosmetics...mpi

Magnum PI said:
I know this sounds goulish, but one day we will have to face these hard questions, like "We can save your child's life, but we will have to use_____from a dead person." Get ready for it emotionally and spiritually. We can stick our heads in the sand, pretend we would never go there, but I beg to differ. Other countries are already there..and not just for cosmetics...mpi
I do understand what you are saying. Over ten years ago I did some engineering work for a company which turned newborn boys' circumcised foreskins (otherwise "discarded") into a live, culture-grown skin-graft product for burn victims. One foreskin could literally be grown into a football-field-sized piece of viable skin... But the costs were astronomical, not to mention the ethics and lawyer-money involved.

But you see, in the cosmetics industry, nothing is monitored as it is in the medical/drug industry. As it goes in China, do they really wonder why they have such a huge proportion of really f'ed up diseases over there? All those weird animal-to-human flu's and diseases, crazy numbers of hepatitis...

Nope, I wouldn't want any of their prisoners' body tissue in my cosmetics, thank you. At least not without my knowlege. And that is what this investigation is all about. If it's so commonplace and nothing to make a fuss about- why are they dodging the truth when marketing outside of China? They need to be honest and up-front, and let the market decide.

Perhaps dog-flavored Doritos will also come to the UK.

It's all a little too close to "Solent Green":chicken: to me!

Hammerized said:
I do understand what you are saying. Over ten years ago I did some engineering work for a company which turned newborn boys' circumcised foreskins (otherwise "discarded") into a live, culture-grown skin-graft product for burn victims. One foreskin could literally be grown into a football-field-sized piece of viable skin... But the costs were astronomical, not to mention the ethics and lawyer-money involved.

But you see, in the cosmetics industry, nothing is monitored as it is in the medical/drug industry. As it goes in China, do they really wonder why they have such a huge proportion of really f'ed up diseases over there? All those weird animal-to-human flu's and diseases, crazy numbers of hepatitis...

Nope, I wouldn't want any of their prisoners' body tissue in my cosmetics, thank you. At least not without my knowlege. And that is what this investigation is all about. If it's so commonplace and nothing to make a fuss about- why are they dodging the truth when marketing outside of China? They need to be honest and up-front, and let the market decide.

Perhaps dog-flavored Doritos will also come to the UK.
I would also not like any criminal body parts in my cosmetics or anything else, unless we knew it was clean. That is my point. Only with research and testing can we be sure. The genie is out of the bag already. One human body, tested for everything, could produce thousands of pints of blood, that we knew was clean. I know, it sounds goulish..but we use organs from accident victims that have been tested maybe one time..don't we? I do understand your point, though...mpi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back