FL FL - Micanopy, WhtMale UP474, 16-17, crashed, burned in stolen car, Nov'87

Danaya

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase825.html

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 825

No Image Available
Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on November 6, 1987 in Micanopy, Alachua County, Florida
Charred/Burned
Date of Death: November 6, 1987
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16-17 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9" (71")
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. No tattoos.
Clothing: Burned off.
Fingerprints: Not available
Dentals: Available. Teeth 8, 9, 10, 11 and 22 had crowns; #21 rotated; #7 and 11 tilted Bucally.
DNA: Not available
Case History
The victim was located at the I-75 Overpass at SR 234, Micanopy, FL. Driver of a 1986 Corvette, stolen from St. Petersburg, crashed in police chase.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Medical Examiner District 8
Larry Bedore
352-733-0340
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
1987-00288

NCIC Number:
U-284549275

NEW Reconstruction!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=53Uu7Fb7zi8&feature=youtu.be

Here's his NCMEC page and poster:

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1184231/1/screen

image.jpg

The investigation revealed that the vehicle had originally been stolen from a car dealership in Clearwater, Florida and witnesses remember seeing the vehicle at a gas station in Brooksville, Florida shortly before the accident. Witnesses described the driver as being a white male with Italian features, dark, medium length hair, slender build and stated he was wearing blue jeans but no shirt. A Forensic Anthropologist examined the male and reported he was white, 16-18 years old and stood 5’9” – 6’01” tall. Several of his teeth were damaged in the accident but one tooth had a recent root canal where the treatment may not have been completed.

I've searched through every Southern state and haven't found anything. I'm thinking he's more North or not listed missing for whatever reason.

I've searched through every Southern state and haven't found anything. I'm thinking he's more North or not listed missing for whatever reason.

I'm thinking he's local, possibly from Pinellas County (where I am from) Clearwater area. The fact that he took the corvette from the dealership, and I'm guessing it was possibly Lokey on Gulf to Bay. I believe they had corvettes back then. The other major dealership would have been Dayton Andrews on US 19. If this is true then he may not have been reported missing and his family just figured he ran away. I've seen it before on cases.

It is possible he came from another state but how did he get here? Hitchhiked? Bus? I guess anything's possible but I just get a feeling he was from this area or had family over here.

I looked at Timothy Guy, but he was mentally challenged and so I can't see him traveling that far alone and stealing a car. Not to mention, he's presumed murdered by a mysterious male he was last seen with.

Yeah, I'm not set on him. Although there's nothing to really suggest foul play. He had a learning disability but could have run off with the mystery guy.

A new article on this case...

http://wfla.com/2015/12/20/cold-case-mystery-teen-who-died-in-1987-fiery-crash-still-unidentified/

TAMPA, FL (WFLA) – When forensics professionals gathered at the University of South Florida this summer, they worked to identify nine ‘cold case’ victims – nine unsolved homicide cases that happened in the Tampa Bay area. They worked to restore the victims’ face and help identify them.

This unidentified teen was found in Alachua County. Hi died on Nov. 6 1987. Around 11:50 a.m. that day he was driving a 1986 black Chevrolet Convertible going north on Interstate 75.

Timothy Guy isn't listed as a rule out. I think he resembles the recon enough to submit. If for no other reason than to confirm a rule out.

I looked at Timothy Guy, but he was mentally challenged and so I can't see him traveling that far alone and stealing a car. Not to mention, he's presumed murdered by a mysterious male he was last seen with.
"Jeff" the mystery guy could be behind it. Taken him there and told him what to do. Did Timmy have his drivers license?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

So 5 crowns and another tooth with an incompleted root canal job in a 16 or 17 year old?

That's rather strange and inconsistent as it suggests significant neglect of the adult teeth yet also the financial means to have expensive post-neglect treatment. I'd have thought that's pretty identifying as a dentist would surely remember that patient.

Looks like it was the other Alachua county John Doe! Unfortunate, but we can't give up hope that this one will be added to DDP's ranks as well one day!

As I've stated on several posts on here in the past, I have lived in this "district" of Florida (consisting of Alachua County, Bradford County, and Clay County) for almost my entire life, and I currently go to school in Gainesville, which is located a few minutes north of Micanopy.

He was traveling northbound on interstate 75. He'd gotten off the interstate momentarily and traveled a few miles west to reach Brooksville and got back on a bit later. The overall path that he was taking strongly suggests that his most recent place of residence was somewhere in southwest or central Florida. Judging by the fact that the car was stolen from west-central Florida, I think that the most promising areas of interest are likely in that area. Some major nearby cities include Largo and Tampa. While I can't be certain that he didn't come from somewhere even further south or southeastern into Florida (such as Miami), I kind of question the likelihood of him traveling very far before arriving in Clearwater and stealing the Corvette, unless he went out of his way once before to get there, such as via stealing other cars or hitchhiking.

There's really no way to tell what his exact destination was, since I-75 runs through six different states, and then, there's the obvious chance that he'd have just exited I-75 eventually to hop onto another route going through completely different areas. Something I'm more certain of is that it's extremely likely that he was trying to exit Florida. He was already about an hour and a half from the FL-GA border, and a lot, if not a majority, of the places in the I-75 corridor in that part of Florida are places that you would know about only if you'd lived in the area yourself. Lake City, Ocala, and Gainesville are some of that general region's more visible cities. In respect to other possible destinations still within Florida, he could have gotten of I-75 in Gainesville and proceeded through US-301 and/or various state roads to get to the Jacksonville metropolitan area. I take a similar route from my home in inland northeast Florida to get to school. Still, there's an off-chance that he actually was familiar with the immediate area surrounding I-75 in that part of Florida and was near his destination when he died.

There's nothing we know about this case to suggest so, but perhaps he ran away from foster care and was searching for his birth family in a different part of the state or a different part of the country. He probably had some sort of specific destination in mind, since he'd already been on the route for a significant amount of time before he was killed.

The following is just highly-caffeinated BS rambling devoid of much actual content that is pertinent to identifying the UID, but this is one of the reasons why I'm thankful that caring people on websites like this one exist, and it's great that cases like these have been given the opportunity to receive additional attention from the public.

I have to say that I feel a little bit sorry for this kid, and I've been thinking about his case a lot lately. While there are many reasons why some cases receive more publicity and press than others, I think that one of the reasons why it seems as if not many people seem to be aware of this case is that some people have a notion that this kind of person probably doesn't deserve any sympathy or attention.

While there is literally no excuse for what he did, we have to remember that he was probably just a child, and going off of the huge chance that he was never reported missing, he might have not been receiving much supervision at the time this all happened. In fact, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him being even younger than his age estimate, seeing as 16-18 is an unusually narrow age range, especially considering his body and face were destroyed in the crash, and if he is violating the law by stealing cars, who is to say that he wouldn't violate the law by driving before he is of age to legally obtain a license?

Anyhow, instead of "nobody is looking out for him because he was a 'bad' kid", I think the reality of the situation is closer to "he was a 'bad' kid because nobody was looking out for him." And besides, everyone deserves a name. But what do I know? With the little evidence we have, he could have had a loving family who tried to be an active part of his life, and he could mean the world to them.

Edited to add: Wow, that was a long post. I think I need a nap.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back