Identified! PA - Bushkill Twp, WhtFm UP12414, 40-50, off Route 33, blonde hair, Oct'87 - Donna Kay Griffin

WARNING GRAPHIC / UPSETTING PHOTO AT NAMUS SITE :

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12414
she is in namus. The pictures depict injuries to her face which may upset some viewers.

No joke, that's a rather unpleasant PM photo. I don't think it's injury though, I think it's probably pooled blood from lying face down.

Two ruleouts: Marsha Ferber and Sheree Magaro.

That is pretty grotesque, poor woman.

I was in no way prepared to see that. I saw on Wikipedia that she had 'lacerations to the face' but I assumed that meant scratches. I'm going to delete it off my history so my sister won't see it!

They (Wikipedia, not you zelda_s, you gave warning) should edit it to better reflect what happened. That was not lacerations, I don't know where they got that from. I think it was what carbuff said, blood pooling. Either way, it is disturbing.

Yes, could be pooled blood. Either way it's not nice to look at. What a sad way to go, all alone like that. On the Wikipedia page there is a recon that looks like Carl's work but I can't be sure.

It says "Remains found in brush just off the shoulder of the highway."
Could she have been thrown out of a moving car and this led to the marks on her face? Some do look like scratches.

It says "Remains found in brush just off the shoulder of the highway."
Could she have been thrown out of a moving car and this led to the marks on her face? Some do looks like scratches.
its possible, but the marks seem to be blood pooling. It's certainly a strange location to just randomly end if after a heart attack. Who walks along the highway?

Yes exactly. The spot she was found is unusual.

OTOH, the description on NAMUS does not include the marks in the face, leading me to believe you are right and the medical examiner determined them to be post mortem. If they would be scratches and bruises I think they would have been included in the description of her appearance, kwim?

Pennsylvania Missing has more information about her, including the belief she was dragged to where she was found, due to disturbances in the grass.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/250ufpabushkill.html

It's also mentioned she may have been someone who frequently rode with truckers, based on the sunburn pattern on her neck and right arm.

The way she was found seems so inconsistent with her death by a heart attack. Maybe she was traveling with a trucker and he panicked when she died, not wanting his wife to find out he was with someone else, or he was scared he'd be blamed for her death, but why drag her so far from the road that it took several days for her to be found?

I doubt he contributed to her death, but he might have seen an opportunity when she passed and he kept whatever money she might have had in a purse or wallet. Her clothes look very clean, so it seems likely she would have brought along a few changes of clothing, money for a laundromat and other expenses, etc.

Pennsylvania Missing has more information about her, including the belief she was dragged to where she was found, due to disturbances in the grass.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/250ufpabushkill.html

It's also mentioned she may have been someone who frequently rode with truckers, based on the sunburn pattern on her neck and right arm.

The way she was found seems so inconsistent with her death by a heart attack. Maybe she was traveling with a trucker and he panicked when she died, not wanting his wife to find out he was with someone else, or he was scared he'd be blamed for her death, but why drag her so far from the road that it took several days for her to be found?

I doubt he contributed to her death, but he might have seen an opportunity when she passed and he kept whatever money she might have had in a purse or wallet. Her clothes look very clean, so it seems likely she would have brought along a few changes of clothing, money for a laundromat and other expenses, etc.
That's what I was thinking - it's plausible she had the heart attack and he pulled over and dragged the body out, panicked that he'd be implicated in her death.

Certain drugs in high quantities can cause heart attacks. Maybe he have her drugs and the toxicology report hasn't been released? Also, does the Pennsylvania missing persons website contain PM photos? I want to read it but do not want to see the PM photos again.

Certain drugs in high quantities can cause heart attacks. Maybe he have her drugs and the toxicology report hasn't been released? Also, does the Pennsylvania missing persons website contain PM photos? I want to read it but do not want to see the PM photos again.
No, it doesn't.

If she was dragged face down, that would explain the abrasions.

It probably wasn't so much worry about being implicated in her death as about being fired for having an unauthorized person in his cab. That would not only cost him his current job, it would probably blackball him from future driving jobs for quite a while.

I had forgotten that there wasn't a thread for this Jane Doe until now, and I had not started one after I created the recon.

Now that there is a thread for her, I can post the recon.

7da53d9b-48da-4685-88c0-d908dba075c6.jpg

I had forgotten that there wasn't a thread for this Jane Doe until now, and I had not started one after I created the recon.

Now that there is a thread for her, I can post the recon.

7da53d9b-48da-4685-88c0-d908dba075c6.jpg
ah yeah! This is the one I saw on Wikipedia, I thought it was Carls work.

This case is so confusing to me. Cause of death was a heart attack but some of the clues are making me think foul play was involved. Also, I'm so confused about the marks on her face. It could be pooling blood, but at the same time I have seen livor mortis and it doesn't look so blotchy as it does on her face. I might be able to better understand what the marks are if I looked close up at the PM photos but of course I'm not keen on that.

Edit: my iPhone keeps changing the font! Lol

This case is so confusing to me. Cause of death was a heart attack but some of the clues are making me think foul play was involved. Also, I'm so confused about the marks on her face. It could be pooling blood, but at the same time I have seen livor mortis and it doesn't look so blotchy as it does on her face. I might be able to better understand what the marks are if I looked close up at the PM photos but of course I'm not keen on that.

The marks on her face are probably animal and insect activity. She had been lying in the weeds for approximately a day before she was discovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back