GUILTY IL - Mubashra Uddin, 19, charged in death of newborn, Chicago, 11 Nov 2015

pappa rob

Reaction score
Police are investigating the death of a baby girl who was found outside an apartment building in Chicago's Uptown neighborhood, about a block from Weiss Memorial Hospital.

The death was ruled a homicide after the Cook County Medical Examiner said she died of blunt force trauma to the head.
The baby was found about 11:45 on Wednesday night. She was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/abandoned-newborn-left-outside-was-beaten-to-death-me-says/1080698/

Why?

The safe haven and/or baby moses laws should be amended to add that anyone who intentionally causes the death of their baby will automatically receive life in prison or the death penalty.

The safe haven and/or baby moses laws should be amended to add that anyone who intentionally causes the death of their baby will automatically receive life in prison or the death penalty.

You got that right. All this person had to do was drop off the baby at any Safe Haven spot and there would of been no questions asked.

WTH is wrong with some people? You don't throw a baby away like a piece of garbage. &*(^$&^*##

You do if you have no morals, on drugs, or an IQ next to mentally incapacitated, or whatever the PC term is now-a-days. I'm sick of PC and even sicker about hurt/murdered babies. There needs to be more supervision, or some drastic measures taken to prevent this sort of thing - and I DO mean drastic, measures that may take away some rights of the womb and sperm donors, as opposed to taking away the life of a baby.

Just my opinion

I have no words. Well I do but none of them involve sympathy. How unbelievably cruel to have dumped her baby out of the window and left her to die slowly. Bless the man who wrapped her up and waited for paramedics. I cannot imagine the trauma from seeing a tiny baby fighting to stay alive. I hope they throw the book at her. She's NINETEEN. An adult. She could have gotten an abortion. or left this baby at a firestation, hell she could have left her on a doorstep and that would have given her at least a chance at life. Unbelievable. I hope they show her the pictures of what she did to this baby and I hope she lives with it forever.

What a cruel act, and STUPID... As if no one would notice a dead/dying baby below her window and the police wouldn't figure out who lives upstairs from there, and as if her parents wouldn't find out anyway.

What a cruel act, and STUPID... As if no one would notice a dead/dying baby below her window and the police wouldn't figure out who lives upstairs from there, and as if her parents wouldn't find out anyway.

Exactly. This sudden rash of babies thrown out windows has me confused for just this reason.

Fully understand the condemnation - agree on that. But does anyone ask themselves why did she feel compelled do this?

Dropping a baby off at a fire station has been around a long time - so why did she choose not to do this? She's 19 and an adult? Have never experienced that 19 and adult belong in the same statement - jmo.

From the article in post #1 -

After the baby was born, Uddin heard her mother approaching the bedroom, so Uddin opened a bedroom window and dropped the girl out, Turnock said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...urder-in-death-of-newborn-20151114-story.html

Mom knew she was pregnant imo - nothing will convince me otherwise. Then to top it off, mom was home when she gave birth - in an apartment. GMAB. One does not give birth without making a sound - even with an epidural, which this gal did not have the benefit of. Been there, done that with both options. Is everyone sure mom or dad (if one is around) did not drop this newborn from the window?

Condemnation will not stop the next incidence of killing a newborn when options exist. Jmo.

Sounds like a split second decision. I come from a culture that does not approve of teenage pregnancy so I understand what kind of parents she may have had. But it always baffles me why neonaticide happens when there are other options.

Sounds like a split second decision. I come from a culture that does not approve of teenage pregnancy so I understand what kind of parents she may have had. But it always baffles me why neonaticide happens when there are other options.

I understand too - to a point. However, I bet her parents would approve of a teenage pregnancy more than murder? And it's not like she is 13 - she's 19. I know, still young and unwed, but still.....

I understand too - to a point. However, I bet her parents would approve of a teenage pregnancy more than murder? And it's not like she is 13 - she's 19. I know, still young and unwed, but still.....

The religious culture could have played the larger role in this decision - jmo. Unable to absolve the parents in this - too many questions. Who cut the cord? Was the cord cut - or was the baby dropped from the window with the afterbirth attached? This would add more time between the birth and being dropped.
I lean towards this 19 year-olds mother knew she was giving birth - possibly assisted her. Either one of them - or the teens father if he was there - could have dropped the baby with the teen having to accept the blame. Suspect a lawyer could raise reasonable doubt unless she confesses - even then it may not be true.

The teens mother had to know or least suspect a pregnancy imo - it could have been handled much better. Sadly this will happen again somewhere due to fear and other emotions.

Uddin, who's being treated for depression at the Cook County jail, waved to her parents during the hearing and they support Uddin "100 percent," according to Sheppard.
But she may have cracked under their intense pressure, according to her attorneys, friends and family.

"With all her family has put her through, I'm surprised she didn't jump out of the window herself," the baby's grandmother and the mother of Uddin's unidentified former boyfriend said.

http://chicagoist.com/2015/11/20/_friends_of_the_uptown.php
Sounds like her parents would have supported her if she'd told them she was pregnant :( :(

"At that moment, she probably wasn’t thinking and she cracked... because the Mubashra I know wouldn’t do something like this if she was in right state of mind," Uddin’s childhood friend "Nina O" wrote in a letter to Cook County Judge James Brown...

But after hearing the details of the baby girl’s death, Brown ordered that Uddin remain held without bond in Cook County Jail while she awaits trial for murder.
"Dropping a baby out of an eighth-story window to its eventual death is exceedingly evil and exceedingly cruel," the judge said.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...orn-Blames-Strict-Family-Court-352152661.html

Editorial:

Did she know about Illinois' safe haven law? We don't know. But stories like hers stand as a reminder that all pregnant mothers in distress need to know they have options. Uddin could have taken her baby to a hospital, emergency medical care facility, fire or police station, with total anonymity. She could have handed the infant off, no questions asked.

Babies turned over under the Abandoned Newborn Infant Protection Act, commonly known as the safe haven law, eventually get adopted by families who have been screened by child welfare officials and are waiting for a baby. It's heartbreaking to imagine what might have been, had Uddin's daughter been saved under the law.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...baby-safe-haven-edit-1130-20151127-story.html

Pure evil.

No amount of "understanding" will ever reduce the level of evil of this killer.

July 2017:

Woman admits to dropping baby to death in Uptown, gets probation

A woman who dropped her newborn baby to her death from a high-rise apartment after hiding her pregnancy from her parents in 2015 has been sentenced to probation, according to court records.

Mubashra Uddin, 20, on Thursday pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter of a family member before Cook County Judge Carol Howard and was sentenced to four years' probation, according to court records. The infant, Baby Jane Uddin in official documents, was found in the grass outside a high-rise in the 800 block of West Eastwood Avenue about 11:45 p.m. Nov. 11, 2015, and was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital about an hour later.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back