LA - At least 16 people shot during filming of music video at New Orleans park

dotr

Reaction score
As per poster, SCHMAE
http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/news/id2709

"The shooting happened just after 6 p.m. when about 500 people, including many children, had gathered at the park for the filming of a music video. It is believed to have started out as an argument, after which two people opened fire, including at least one person who fired into the crowd.

Police were already en-route to the park to break up the fight, but the shooting occurred before officers arrived at the scene. NOPD Superintendent Michael Harrison said the shooting may be gang-related, but it was not immediately clear whether any arrests had been made. Nearby streets have been closed by police.

Multiple victims were seen at the park’s main building as ambulances raced to the scene."

There are a few images here:

Several shot at New Orleans playground during party after parade

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans police say at least 10 people — and probably more — were wounded in an apparent shootout at a park in New Orleans’ 9th Ward.

Police spokesman Tyler Gamble says police were on their way to break up a big crowd when gunfire erupted at Bunny Friend Park.

[video=youtube;W1GaBjZ_P-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1GaBjZ_P-Y[/video]

I'm really surprised there is not more media attention on this. That's a very big crime and I'm seeing nothing.

I'm really surprised there is not more media attention on this. That's a very big crime and I'm seeing nothing.

It made the news here!

'Mass Shooting' At New Orleans Play Area

At least sixteen people have been taken to hospital after a mass shooting at a playground in New Orleans, according to US reports.

It is understood that as many as 500 people were at the "Bunny Friend" park at the time of the attack, as a music video was being filmed.

Tyler Gamble, a police spokesman, said officers had been on their way to the playground to break up a large crowd when gunfire erupted - reportedly between two groups who had been fighting.

He explained that the 16 victims in hospital either suffered a "direct gunshot wound" or a graze wound, and that the full extent of their injuries is yet to be determined.

No one was killed in the shooting.

Thinking with all the violence, unrest and understandable paranoia due to the recent terrorists acts - a mass shooting of each other on US soil, might be seen as particularly disgraceful, stupid behavior at this time.
imo, speculation.

Thinking with all the violence, unrest and understandable paranoia due to the recent terrorists acts - a mass shooting of each other on US soil, might be seen as particularly disgraceful, stupid behavior at this time.
imo, speculation.

I think it's disgraceful stupid behavior at any time, don't you? MOO

A machine gun, who the heck walks around with one of those?!A terrorist, imo.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2015/11/22/22575739.html
"New Orleans police Commander Chris Goodley, speaking in a video clip posted by the New Orleans Times-Picayune website, said the crowd at the park remained "orderly" after the shooting. "But we were trying to preserve the crime scene as best as we could and tend to the victims," he added.

New Orleans Police Superintendent Michael Harrison also was quoted by the Times-Picayune as saying, "no one has died at this time."

Three witnesses told the newspaper they saw a man with a silver-colored machine gun, and also heard more gunshots coming from within the crowd as he ran away. Several people were lying on the sidewalk after the shooting, it said.

WVUE-TV said police believed the shooting stemmed from a fight."
rbibm

The 9th ward was hit so hard by Hurricane Katrina and IIRC, that ward has been slow to revitalize. The residents have suffered enough and then this.. WTH?

Prayers sent up for those wounded and terrorized by this shooting.

If it were one shooter at a school, movie theatre, mall, etc., it would be all over the news all over the country.

JMO

Right! In high crime cities, the press doesn't care.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2015/11/23/22576052.html

"New Orleans park shooting that wounded 17 is gang-related: Cops"

"Eleven of the injured are under age 21. Though most of the victims have been discharged from hospitals, one may never walk again, said New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu.

"I'm outraged at an unbelievable level ... for those who decided everybody's life in that park did not matter," Landrieu said.

No arrests have been made. With tips about the shooting slow to emerge, the mayor pushed for witnesses to tell law enforcement what they had seen.

The city also planned a rally for Monday evening at Bunny Friend Park to urge citizens to take back their streets."
rbbm.

NOPD identify one supsect in playground shooting

NEW ORLEANS (WWLTV) — Police identified one of the suspects believed to be responsible for a mass shooting at a New Orleans playground that left injured 17 people.

Detectives identified 32-year-old Joseph “Moe” Allen as one of the suspects involved in the shooting. According to the NOPD, Allen will be charged with 17 counts of attempted first-degree murder once he is arrested.

Allen is only suspect sought by police, and authorities are asking for the public to come forward with any information that will lead to the identification and arrest of the remaining shooters.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2015/11/28/22577931.html

"A suspect in a shooting at a New Orleans park last Sunday that wounded 17 people is in police custody, authorities said on Saturday.

The suspect, Joseph "Moe" Allen, 32, has declined to give detectives a statement, the New Orleans Police Department said in a Twitter post."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back