GUILTY France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, including Bataclan concert hall, 13 Nov 2015 *arrest* #4

Momoffourboys

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 200
................able to get banned items through the screening process in 67 out of 70 tests it conducted across the nation.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=tsa+failed+test

once you get up off the floor go to aroudn 350- you will end up on the floor again!

Is is security theatre

Think about it -- the nonsense with liquids- what do they do with it -- they chuck into a big garbage from where they are standing -- if it was a bomb it could blow up!!
[

................able to get banned items through the screening process in 67 out of 70 tests it conducted across the nation.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=tsa+failed+test

once you get up off the floor go to aroudn 350- you will end up on the floor again!

Is is security theatre

Think about it -- the nonsense with liquids- what do they do with it -- they chuck into a big garbage from where they are standing -- if it was a bomb it could blow up!!
[

I wish someone could explain to me why there are no mailboxes in airports even though there are trash cans. Oh, and toilets and vending machines.

Snip

According to Stern magazine, Israeli intelligence passed information to German authorities about a planned terror bombing at the stadium in Hanover as early as Monday. The next day, November 17, more concrete information, including specific details of the planned attack, was gathered from the same source, indicating on an immediate threat.

[...]

According to German media, a car bomb was found near the stadium, disguised as an ambulance, and a suspect known to German police was arrested at the scene - but this information has not been confirmed.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4730869,00.html

Leader of Paris Attacks Mingled With Police and Survivors at the Crime Scenes

Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 29, who led the Paris attacks, returned to scenes of the shootings and the Bataclan concert hall while the siege was still going, says the city’s prosecutor, Francois Molins.

The Paris prosecutor revealed that Abaaoud’s movements were pieced together using location data from the phone he used that night, reports Sky News.

The ringleader, who died when police raided his hideout last week, mingled with onlookers outside the Bataclan concert hall where 89 people were killed. He is also thought to have returned to the restaurant and cafe terraces that were also attacked.

http://time.com/4126951/abdelhamid-abaaoud-paris-attack/

I wish someone could explain to me why there are no mailboxes in airports even though there are trash cans. Oh, and toilets and vending machines.

OT (so don't flay me), but I remember the good old days when there were temporary lockers at airports. (And in railway stations, etc. -- there was a horrible Gary Coleman movie called something like "On the Right Track" where the pint-sized mirth-maker lived in such a locker...but I digress from what was already a digression.) Anyhow, I really do miss those lockers, as I travel a lot, and there are often times when I wish I could stow my carry-on gear during layovers.

I don't really think it's a security issue, though -- I think that it's just that the lockers were not "earners".

Mind you, in the same "good ol' days", I remember that it was pretty easy to just walk onto the tarmac, even in major airports, if one so wished. In hindsight, that made airplanes a very soft target.

OT (so don't flay me), but I remember the good old days when there were temporary lockers at airports. (And in railway stations, etc. -- there was a horrible Gary Coleman movie called something like "On the Right Track" where the pint-sized mirth-maker lived in such a locker...but I digress from what was already a digression.) Anyhow, I really do miss those lockers, as I travel a lot, and there are often times when I wish I could stow my carry-on gear during layovers.

I don't really think it's a security issue, though -- I think that it's just that the lockers were not "earners".

Mind you, in the same "good ol' days", I remember that it was pretty easy to just walk onto the tarmac, even in major airports, if one so wished. In hindsight, that made airplanes a very soft target.

I'm old enough to remember those lockers. They were especially handy if you had to stay somewhere overnight but be back to catch a plane the next day or had enough time to leave the airport. I hate carrying luggage around the airport with me so I always pay the fee to check my bag.

The thing about mailboxes is all those little gift shops sell postcards! I'm supposed to buy a postcard in Dallas and not mail it until I get home? Although they don't sell stamps either.

Ismael Omar Mostefai (killed). Mostefai was the first of the Bataclan attackers to have been identified, thanks to a finger recovered at the scene of the crime.
The 29-year-old had been flagged by French intelligence services in 2010 as a potential threat to “the security of the state” after becoming radicalised.
Mostefai lived in the northern city of Chartres "until at least 2012", according to the local deputy mayor, Jean-Pierre Gorges. Between 2004 and 2010, he was convicted eight times for petty crimes (theft, driving without a permit and assault) but never for acts related to terrorism and he was never sent to prison.
A native of Courcouronnes, just south of Paris, Mostefai visited Syria in the autumn of 2013, according to Le Monde.

http://graphics.france24.com/paris-...errorism-belgium-bataclan-suspects/index.html

Bilal Hadfi (killed). The 20-year-old Frenchman failed to enter the stadium and blew himself up outside. Hadfi, who lived in Neder-over-Heembeek, a suburb of Brussels, was formally identified on Sunday. The Flemish newspaper "Het Laatste Nieuws" said that he could have been radicalised starting in the spring of 2014. He is also believed to have travelled to Syria, according to the Washington Post newspaper and several Belgian media outlets.

Two brothers who took part in the Paris attacks that killed 130 and the suspected chief organiser were on a terror suspect watch list handed by Belgian intelligence to the mayor of Molenbeek a month ago, it emerged today, write Henry Samuel in Paris and Matthew Holehouse in Brussels.

Ms Schepmans told the New York Times: “What was I supposed to do about them? It is not my job to track possible terrorists.” That, she added, was “the responsibility of the federal police”

denied any knowledge of the terror plot, saying he thought his brothers were going “skiing”.

permanent” threat of more attacks.

conducted more than 1,230 searches, recovering 230 arms,

iBIHAMS MOM

His mother has said her son "did not mean to kill anyone" and believes he blew himself up because of "stress.

I always cruise around with bombs on my tummy! Talk denial!

I

conducted more than 1,230 searches, recovering 230 arms, conducted more than 1,230 searches, recovering 230 arms,
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...er-Paris-attacks-lockdown-Wednesday-live.html

Victim's family to boycott Hollande's Paris homage

Snip

As the family of François-Xavier Prévost, victim of this slaughter, we will not participate,” wrote Prévost. “We refuse the hand extended by the political representatives of France.”

She then listed what she perceived to be the authorities’ errors of judgement and failures to prevent the attacks, that have been evoked by many in the aftermath of the November 13th bloodshed.

“In France, it is possible to have a link with a terrorist network, to go to Syria and to come back freely," she said.

Prévost said that the reason for her family's anger was the failure of the authorities to combat radicalism effectively. “Because in France, 89 mosques are listed as being radical... Because in France, a man who committed a murder in 2006, sentenced in 2008, was free in 2013,” she said, referring to Jawad Bendaoud, the man who rented an apartment in Saint-Denis to the terrorists.

Prévost referred to the killings at satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and a Jewish supermarket in January, saying: “Nothing was done and ten months later the same men were able to start again, killing ten times as many people.”

http://www.thelocal.fr/20151125/paris-victims-sister-calls-for-boycott-of-hollandes-homage

Interesting, on the aspect of policing:

"He said policing in the United States changed two weeks ago with the Nov. 13 Paris attacks because everyday cops who respond to an active shooter now must be prepared to encounter attackers outfitted with bomb vests and be on guard for secondary explosions.

"An everyday cop has to think like one of these troops going into a circumstance in Iraq or Syria," he said."

"The Islamic State also focuses on young recruits. The report notes that 63 percent of those arrested in the United States for supporting the group were between the ages of 15 and 25."

I think its really the same dynamics as gangs. Looking for something.....

Its very strange , but I think for some reason none of us in bigger countries never even thought suicide bombers would "come".

It always felt like something that happens "over there".

There is no logic in it, and when you think about it the Boston guys ran.

It actually erases any notion of a "deterent", they truly already have their desstiny so really are aiming to kill as many as they can.

And the notion that bomb maker s still out there is really creepy. Telegram said that the bombs were made in France, casue they were too volitile to travel long distances.

This time of year is even more scary - many are depressed and stressed

Interesting, on the aspect of policing:

"He said policing in the United States changed two weeks ago with the Nov. 13 Paris attacks because everyday cops who respond to an active shooter now must be prepared to encounter attackers outfitted with bomb vests and be on guard for secondary explosions.

"An everyday cop has to think like one of these troops going into a circumstance in Iraq or Syria," he said."

and do so without the training

http://m.state.gov/md250005.htm

US DEPT OF STATE
Press Release
MYTHS AND FACTS: Resettling Syrian Refugees

Fact Sheet
Office of the Spokesperson
Washington, DC
November 25, 2015

Myth: All Syrian refugees are dangerous.

Fact: 2,234 Syrian refugees have been admitted to the United States since October 1, 2010 (the beginning of fiscal year 2011), and only after the most extensive level of security screening of any category of traveler to the United States. None have been arrested or removed on terrorism charges.

Refugees are not terrorists. Many refugees are victims of terrorists.

Myth: 70% of the Syrian refugees coming to the United States are young, single, adult men.

Fact: Single men unattached to families comprise less than 2% of all Syrian refugee admissions to date.

Last fiscal year, 1,682 Syrian refugees were admitted. Roughly 77% of them were women and children. Only 23% were adult men.

Myth: 250,000 Syrians are arriving in the United States imminently.

Fact: This is false. Since the conflict in Syria began in Fiscal Year 2011, the United States has admitted just over 2,200 Syrian refugees. In Fiscal Year 2016, the Administration remains committed to its goal of resettling at least 10,000 Syrian refugees in the United States.

Myth: Syrian refugees receive insufficient security vetting.

Fact: All refugees of all nationalities considered for admission to the United States undergo a rigorous security screening involving multiple federal intelligence, security and law enforcement agencies, such as the National Counterterrorism Center, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Departments of Homeland Security, State and Defense, in order to ensure that those admitted are not known to pose a threat to our country. The safeguards include biometric (fingerprint) and biographic checks, and an interview by specially trained DHS officers who scrutinize the applicant’s explanation of individual circumstances to ensure the applicant is a bona fide refugee and is not known to present any security concerns to the United States. Mindful of the particular conditions of the Syria crisis, Syrian refugees go through an enhanced level of review.

*All data current as of November 18, 2015.

Myth: It’s impossible to thoroughly vet Syrians, given the ongoing conflict.

Fact: We have, for years, safely admitted smaller numbers of Syrian refugees and we have a great deal of experience screening and admitting larger numbers of refugees from other chaotic environments, including where intelligence holdings are limited. Syrian refugees go through an additional layer of security screening tailored to the particular conditions of the Syrian crisis, the classified details of which have been shared with the U.S. Congress, and we continue to examine options for further enhancements for screening Syrian refugees.

For further information, please contact the Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration at PRMPress@state.gov or visit http://www.state.gov/j/prm/.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back