Anyone Read "Killjoy?"

tipper

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"Killjoy is the story of a cop's ten year personal war against the indifference and social denial that allows the crime of child sexual abuse to exist in our society and grow at an alarming rate. Rollie Powell's stories show that child sexual abuse knows no bounds and unless steps are taken to stop it, no limits. It is THE most devastating crime in our society today.

As a detective with Rutland's Bureau of Criminal Investigation in Vermont, Rollie Powell offers a full view of the issues from someone who has been on the frontlines - of the perpetrators, the victims, their families, the overloaded justice system and the public media reactions..."

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewwork.asp?id=2578&authorid=2707

Originally posted by tipper
"Killjoy is the story of a cop's ten year personal war against the indifference and social denial that allows the crime of child sexual abuse to exist in our society and grow at an alarming rate. Rollie Powell's stories show that child sexual abuse knows no bounds and unless steps are taken to stop it, no limits. It is THE most devastating crime in our society today.

As a detective with Rutland's Bureau of Criminal Investigation in Vermont, Rollie Powell offers a full view of the issues from someone who has been on the frontlines - of the perpetrators, the victims, their families, the overloaded justice system and the public media reactions..."

No I've not read this book KILLJOY...but I just now ordered it from Amazon...and will read once rec'd.(there's alot of KILLJOY books out their--I really had to search/find the one you referenced...heeheeLOL!) but THANK YOU ANYHOW/HOOT FOR INFO!!!(my passion:I LOVE TO READ~~~!!!);) :):cool:

I don't know what this detective's actual experience and training consists of. Alot of small departments get people who want to make a name for themselves in the 'child sex abuse' industry.
I've not followed the link that was given. Some might find it interesting, but not I.
I don't think the JBR murder was sexually motivated, I think the intruder was not a pedophile: he only made it look as if he was one.

Originally posted by Toth
I don't know what this detective's actual experience and training consists of. Alot of small departments get people who want to make a name for themselves in the 'child sex abuse' industry.
I've not followed the link that was given. Some might find it interesting, but not I.
I don't think the JBR murder was sexually motivated, I think the intruder was not a pedophile: he only made it look as if he was one.

I agree with you regarding JBR. I was just curious whether anyone had read the book.

Back when we lived in Alabama I knw he was working on a book and then last night I stumbled across this title while looking for something else on Google. That's all.

I think there may indeed be 'indifference' at times, but the greater problem is excessive zeal and absurd fixations on non-existent childhood sexual abuse.

Its sort of the difference between the big white house on the hill and the bum's cardboard box in the alley. A cop who would never walk up to the big house on the hill and open the front door without a warrant will think nothing of tearing aside the curtain on the bum's cardboard box, simply because the cop does not equate the curtain to a door of a residence and its having constitutional implications. He does not think in terms of "cold, sickness and insects may enter at will, but all the forces of the King stop at the threshold, no matter how humble it may be".

When it comes to child sexual abuse, you often get the same attitude: a CPS agency that is never held accountable, a police force that seems to think concepts such as 'probable cause' and 'presumed innocence' do not apply in such circumstances. And often a police force that seems to think that common sense does not apply either.

One New England couple was in serious trouble over a series of detailed allegations their teenage daughter had made concerning her father's activities with her and her mother's use of a gravy ladle in her. The allegations of two healthy full term infants having been slaughtered to keep the daughter silent were believed by the police officer handling the case. However, once such allegations were made, the internal rules of the police department required that the entire case file be transferred to the homicide squad. An experienced homicide detective asked the girl to be examined by a doctor. Report: Her father's penis had never been inserted in her, her mother's gravy ladle had never been inserted in her and if she had ever had ever borne even one infant, it would have made medical history. Suddenly, this major child sexual abuse case evaporated and it was noted that many of incidents were verbatim from a book her schoolteacher had encouraged her to read.

The heart of the entire JonBenet Ramsey murder lies at the feet of sexual abuse. No doubt in my mind. As one expert put it: The tape over the mouth said it - "You will NEVER tell!!"

Toth - I am not surprised in the least that you feel compelled to deny any connection of real sexual abuse in this case with what happened to JonBenet that night - (and most likely other nights before that.) Not surprised at all..... Heard it before.

The heart of the entire JonBenet Ramsey murder lies at the feet of sexual abuse. No doubt in my mind.
I envy you your certainty. I have doubts, as do others, concerning the abuse: whatever took place that night may indeed have been the intruder's primary motivation and it may indeed have fully satiated him. I just think that his activities that night seem rather less than what has been done in other notable cases and I therefore feel that his molestation acts that night were merely 'misdirection' and 'adding insult to injury' so as to enhance his enjoyment of the parent's misery.
I know Lou Smit thinks the intruder was a pedophile, but I am not convinced of this.

ANYONE THAT BRINGS CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE TO THE PUBLICS ATTENTION IS OKAY IN MY BOOK. SO YOU DON'T FIND CHILD SEX ABUSE INTERESTING? AREN"T YOU OUTRAGED THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO NOT FIND IT INTERESTING?

I think there may indeed be 'indifference' at times, but the greater problem is excessive zeal and absurd fixations on non-existent childhood sexual abuse.

Its sort of the difference between the big white house on the hill and the bum's cardboard box in the alley. A cop who would never walk up to the big house on the hill and open the front door without a warrant will think nothing of tearing aside the curtain on the bum's cardboard box, simply because the cop does not equate the curtain to a door of a residence and its having constitutional implications. He does not think in terms of "cold, sickness and insects may enter at will, but all the forces of the King stop at the threshold, no matter how humble it may be".

When it comes to child sexual abuse, you often get the same attitude: a CPS agency that is never held accountable, a police force that seems to think concepts such as 'probable cause' and 'presumed innocence' do not apply in such circumstances. And often a police force that seems to think that common sense does not apply either.

One New England couple was in serious trouble over a series of detailed allegations their teenage daughter had made concerning her father's activities with her and her mother's use of a gravy ladle in her. The allegations of two healthy full term infants having been slaughtered to keep the daughter silent were believed by the police officer handling the case. However, once such allegations were made, the internal rules of the police department required that the entire case file be transferred to the homicide squad. An experienced homicide detective asked the girl to be examined by a doctor. Report: Her father's penis had never been inserted in her, her mother's gravy ladle had never been inserted in her and if she had ever had ever borne even one infant, it would have made medical history. Suddenly, this major child sexual abuse case evaporated and it was noted that many of incidents were verbatim from a book her schoolteacher had encouraged her to read.

So TOTH...what convinces you in the JonBenet case in regards to "pedophile(sp?) info"?... ... certain info/share?

Since (assuming) you don't go w/the flow(read all books avail and such)... TOTH...I'm impressed...and in AWE...!!!WOW, w/your THINKING AS SUCH ... !!!~~~...you could solve this JonBenet case in no time???...right-toe??? ...~~~???...!!!~~~:dontknow: :nono: :D :cool: :p :( :) :mad: :eek: :confused: :dontknow: :evil: :nono: :bigthumb:

Originally posted by tipper

No...but I ordered the book!...THANK YOU VERY MUCH Tipper for the info...I've rec'd the book and off reading(ILOVETOREAD!!!)...
THANK YOU AGAIN!!!:) :) :)

Originally posted by K777angel
The heart of the entire JonBenet Ramsey murder lies at the feet of sexual abuse. No doubt in my mind. As one expert put it: The tape over the mouth said it - "You will NEVER tell!!"

Toth - I am not surprised in the least that you feel compelled to deny any connection of real sexual abuse in this case with what happened to JonBenet that night - (and most likely other nights before that.) Not surprised at all..... Heard it before.

Makes me wonder somewhat why kids(children) in boulder had to sleep with WHISTLES after JonBenet was murdere...???

A MUST-READ IMHO...
http://www.writesafe.com/storage3/rrubacher1.txt

After viewing the videotape with two attorneys, the CEO raises the white flag.

One of the members of the psychic eavesdropping team, Magenta, sees the aura
(bioenergy field) of the Ramseys during their multiple press conferences and
interviews. Magenta plays an important role in the Howard Stern interview.
Not only does she take up Howard's challenge to bare her *advertiser censored*, she shocks
the shock jock with an invitation to touch her majestic mountains.

The emotional roller coaster continues when it is learned that the 37,000
hits on Rubacher's website (as a result of the Stern appearance) resulted in
no action on the book's sale. The publisher had Rubacher take the telephone
number from his site. Nor were telephone orders accepted at the publisher.
Due to a heavy volume of calls, the lines were overloaded.

The Ramseys' daily suffering are presented as their Unconscious continues to
haunt them by re-living the crime. The technology reveals other unwanted and
intrusive thoughts.

Comic relief is provided in the O.J. telephone calls by Kidd Chris, the host
of Wichita's popular morning show. Kidd obtained O.J.'s cell phone number and
made a series of calls to the man who got away with murder. Kidd imitates
Cato, Marcus Allen, Al Cowlings, Al Michaels and other O.J. acquaintances.
Rubacher plays the Unconscious findings of O.J., where he tells how he
SKINNED Nicole and Ron Goldman.

Publicity releases will warn the viewer not to divulge what happens to Larry
King in the finale; another warning is issued not to divulge the action
during the credit roll when Howard Stern is at the helm.

The opening scene shows the Ramseys' attorney advising his clients to refrain
from making any public statements. "I will not be responsible for the
consequences," is his sage comment. The closing scene shows the attorney
glaring at his clients.

LOGLINE
By ignoring the advice of their attorney, the Ramseys enter the confessional
box. A true story of the psychic investigation of the Ramseys that brought
them into conflict with media mega-stars (Holy) Howard Stern, (Lamenting)
Larry King and (Bad) Barbara Walters. This is High Noon for the technology
that eavesdrops on the Unconscious mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back